Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
JAVELINS! DRINK!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

eke out posted:

so again, Castor helping us

I’m trying, but I can’t see any track he’s taking that helps the GOP here.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Ah good, back to blankets vs. Javelins. Excellent. I love hearing about that. Extremely interesting.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Sombrerotron posted:

Ah good, back to blankets vs. Javelins. Excellent. I love hearing about that. Extremely interesting.

Ha, she just gave reasons that providing them under Obama would have risked war with the Russians.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
I don't understand why the Javelins are being discussed. Is it really just "Trump did something Obama wouldn't do?"

Maybe to bolster the argument that Trump wanted to help them? Like "why would he extort them if he already gave them missiles?"

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Party Plane Jones posted:

Quote this post if you want the ‘I want nothing’ Gang Tag whenever it gets uploaded.

For myself so I can just blindly search through pages and find people quoting these lines: Mohican

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Hahaha that last look Castor gave

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

AhhYes posted:

I don't understand why the Javelins are being discussed. Is it really just "Trump did something Obama wouldn't do?"

Maybe to bolster the argument that Trump wanted to help them?

Yes. The argument is "we gave them real aid, why are you so upset?"

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

nunes sounds like a loving dope

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

AhhYes posted:

Maybe to bolster the argument that Trump wanted to help them?

yes, it's "obama actually didn't care but we do"

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

Holy crap, Castor's face when Nunes took the mic back

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

queeb posted:

:downs: "are you familiar with Sir Hey Lashinko?"

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Nunes and the wimpy lawyer are very low energy today.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Black Ledger! DRINK!

EDIT: Lol Nunes gets caught off guard by the idea that the Black Ledger is credible.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
i like how Nunes tried to say it wasn't credible to "didn't mention it or something"

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Some background on the javelins:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/10/03/far-from-the-front-lines-javelin-missiles-go-unused-in-ukraine/

quote:

But while there is evidence that the Javelin sale has been a powerful gesture of support for Kyiv, the missiles’ military application has been far more limited. Under the conditions of the foreign military sale, the Trump administration stipulates that the Javelins must be stored in western Ukraine—hundreds of miles from the battlefield.

“I see these more as symbolic weapons than anything else,” said Samuel Charap, a senior political scientist at Rand Corp. Experts say the conditions of the sale render them useless in the event of a sustained low-level assault—the kind of attack Ukraine is most likely to face from Russia.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kro-Bar posted:

Nunes and the wimpy lawyer are very low energy today.

they genuinely seem to be just wiped out and I hope they're genuinely miserable

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

they literally used the black ledger to convict Manafort

in american court

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Nunes is making GBS threads all over himself lol

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

queeb posted:

He sounds like he's trying to run out the clock.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
BUT BUT THE CLINTONS, YOU GUYS!!

THE CLINTONS!!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"See we don't think Clinton should've been doing the thing that Trump is being accused of doing but totally didn't do and if he did do it's not a crime" - Devin Nunes, probably.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
Am I supposed to agree with them that it isn't okay to do oppo research in foreign countries?

Because I see no problem with that. A campaign is a private entity. If my oppo research leads me abroad, so be it.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

"Do you think it's appropriate for foreign countries to pay operatives to dig up dirt on their opponents"

what the loving gently caress lmfao

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Do you guys think...it's okay...to commit crimes.....?

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Wait, wasn't Steele working for one of the R candidates first? Sure I remember something like that?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Unkempt posted:

Wait, wasn't Steele working for one of the R candidates first? Sure I remember something like that?

Yes

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Angry_Ed posted:

"See we don't think Clinton should've been doing the thing that Trump is being accused of doing but totally didn't do and if he did do it's not a crime" - Devin Nunes, probably.

Seriously.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/danpfeiffer/status/1197580867343769601

very hosed up that the Ukrainians revealed that Manafort was stealing 10s of millions of dollars from their country and hiding it from American tax authorities

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

sexpig by night posted:

they genuinely seem to be just wiped out and I hope they're genuinely miserable

its because the witnesses have basically blown up all their various defenses and trump has their hands tied too.

eke out posted:

"Do you think it's appropriate for foreign countries to pay operatives to dig up dirt on their opponents"

what the loving gently caress lmfao

they are trying to act like steele was some obama agent.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

eke out posted:

https://twitter.com/danpfeiffer/status/1197580867343769601

very hosed up that the Ukrainians revealed that Manafort was stealing 10s of millions of dollars from their country and hiding it from American tax authorities

I'm torn between wanting someone on the D side to bring this up, and them just ignoring Devin Nunes' bullshit instead of engaging with it.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
nunes pulling some "they did it and are corrupt so we have to be corrupt too" that the base seems to eat up

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Strange Poon posted:

nunes pulling some "they did it and are corrupt so we have to be corrupt too" that the base seems to eat up

"If everyone's doing crimes, then no-one is!" :downs:

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

here we loving go

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

Strange Poon posted:

But again, what is wrong with a private entity like a campaign paying a foreign national to do oppo research? IDGI

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

queeb posted:

here we loving go

"Look we weren't snubbing them, nobody got hurt, WHY ARE YOU ALL MAKING A BIG DEAL OF THIS?!"

EDIT: BURISMA!

Uncleanly Cleric
Oct 17, 2005

Nunes really doesn't know what he's doing at this point, does he? These two aren't going to give him his soundbite.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The country's chief prosecutor who wasn't investigating Bursima

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

The Human Easy Burisma Button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zalmun
Jan 17, 2008

It'sa me!

Nap Ghost

Party Plane Jones posted:

Quote this post if you want the ‘I want nothing’ Gang Tag whenever it gets uploaded.

For myself so I can just blindly search through pages and find people quoting these lines: Mohican

But I want this! How can I want nothing??