Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Tsietisin posted:

I've been streaming with my mobile phone internet and even with that was playing Forza Horizon 4 without noticeable issue.

I just played Forza horizon 4 last night, and even though I had a very small bit of lag, I could still drive around okay enough to find a couple garages.

It would be nice if the streaming app had a way to compensate for stick lag. Or at least push an update to the controllers themselves. Are you using an Xbox controller, or a 3rd party one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I unlocked the Warthog in my first super spin through sheer luck, followed by the horn, and I spent literally my entire time in Forza driving badly in it and it was a lot of fun except for the multiplayer group stuff that you can't accomplish anything in with it lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Forza is the perfect game to just dick around in for 20 minutes. It's made for xCloud.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Horizon 4 as weirdly become my most played game. I was never a driving guy but it's just beautiful (on the X at least) and fun as hell to gently caress around in. I'm like level 122 right now I think.

I want a version of FH4 with destructable cars and then maybe a Flight Simulator Horizons in the future so I can do all the cool poo poo in that game without the learning curve.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BonoMan posted:

Horizon 4 as weirdly become my most played game. I was never a driving guy but it's just beautiful (on the X at least) and fun as hell to gently caress around in. I'm like level 122 right now I think.

I want a version of FH4 with destructable cars and then maybe a Flight Simulator Horizons in the future so I can do all the cool poo poo in that game without the learning curve.

The PC version lets you turn on damage modeling; the cosmetics get really beat to poo poo but physically they just start listing and going slower. The F2P one had your tires burst if you hosed up though lol

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
flight simulator x looks cool as poo poo.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

RBA Starblade posted:

The PC version lets you turn on damage modeling; the cosmetics get really beat to poo poo but physically they just start listing and going slower. The F2P one had your tires burst if you hosed up though lol

Wait why is PC version different? I mean on the XBOX you can get some cosmetic damage but as far as I can tell no performance loss. I assume it's all a licensing agreement thing...right?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BonoMan posted:

Wait why is PC version different? I mean on the XBOX you can get some cosmetic damage but as far as I can tell no performance loss. I assume it's all a licensing agreement thing...right?

It's one of the difficulty modifiers there, is it not on the bone?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

BonoMan posted:

Manufacturers not allowing their cars to be damaged hasn't been a thing in years. I think damage is just turned down a bit in Horizon because it's not fun to launch your car off a cliff and then not being able to drive anymore because obviously everything is bent now.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

RBA Starblade posted:

It's one of the difficulty modifiers there, is it not on the bone?

Oh you know what it might be... I just never ventured in there other than to set my difficulty to "Above Average" and then that's it.

Cojawfee posted:

Manufacturers not allowing their cars to be damaged hasn't been a thing in years. I think damage is just turned down a bit in Horizon because it's not fun to launch your car off a cliff and then not being able to drive anymore because obviously everything is bent now.

Well that's just me showing my age then ha.

I don't want anything realistic. I want Forza Horizon graphics/cars/etc with some fun-as-poo poo Burnout style crashing (and quick resetting).

BonoMan fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 19, 2019

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
I want Microsoft/Rare to push their seemingly-friendly relationship with Nintendo farther and give me a real Diddy Kong Racing sequel. I don’t care if it’s on Switch, Xbone, both, whatever.

Just make me a goddamn DKR, and put Banjo in it. And replace Drumstick with Kazooie and maybe add some more gender diversity to the lineup.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Damage isn't any different between the PC and xbone versions of Forza Horizon 3 and I doubt 4 is any different.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Electric Bugaloo posted:

I want Microsoft/Rare to push their seemingly-friendly relationship with Nintendo farther and give me a real Diddy Kong Racing sequel. I don’t care if it’s on Switch, Xbone, both, whatever.

Just make me a goddamn DKR, and put Banjo in it. And replace Drumstick with Kazooie and maybe add some more gender diversity to the lineup.

Rare sucks rear end now, make retro make it

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Electric Bugaloo posted:

I want Microsoft/Rare to push their seemingly-friendly relationship with Nintendo farther and give me a real Diddy Kong Racing Wave Race sequel. I don’t care if it’s on Switch, Xbone, both, whatever.

Just make me a goddamn jetski, and put Banjo Luigi on it.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
I think there is a new (or maybe just an Xbox port?) arcade kart racer coming out sometime. I forget what it's called but it's buried somewhere in that X019 presentation.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Garfield kart 2?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Ah, it's called KartRider: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxP21Nlwuug

Edit: Pretty weird history. It's actually been around since 2004 but died in the West and now it's coming back - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazyracing_Kartrider

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Nov 20, 2019

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Is that the Nexon MMO Kart Racer?

edit: That's the Nexon MMO Kart Racer. I've always loved the visual style but I'm sure it's highly predatory with IAP poo poo.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Fanatic posted:

I think there is a new (or maybe just an Xbox port?) arcade kart racer coming out sometime. I forget what it's called but it's buried somewhere in that X019 presentation.

Who cares? There’s like a jillion Kart racers out there- Sonic, Crash, some famous youtube kid’s apparently got one now if a previous post ITT is to be believed...

I hear the Sonic and Crash ones are actually pretty good now, but lmao at me ever playing a 3D sonic game.

There is Mario Kart and there is Diddy Kong. Alpha and Omega.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Fanatic posted:

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1196658590842417152

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Seems like there's even more ways to get reward points now. There's quests on the game pass page which give you points for playing anything and doing specific things on certain games.

More ways to get free stuff I guess.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Some Munchkin game is on PC Game Pass now

e: It's just lovely gauntlet I'm p sure

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Black Friday sales have begun for Goldailures, and at least at Best Buy Canada. Hardware-wise here's a breakdown:

The SadBone with no disc drive is $180 CAD.
There are 8000 different Xbox One S 1tb bundles for $250 CAD, including one that comes with two controllers but no games.
The XB1X price seems to only be officially dropping to $450 CAD, which was already more or less the price if you were willing to get the Fallout 76 bundle.
The basic-rear end white and black controllers are $50 CAD, with most (though not all) other controller designs being discounted but at least $60 CAD. There's a small discount (I think $15 CAD?) on custom bonetrollers. No discounts on Elites or Adaptive controllers.

Digital-wise I don't think there's much that isn't already a part of Game Pass, here's a short list I cribbed from elsewhere in USD.

Ace Combat &: Skies Unknown Deluxe Edition - $40 (60% off)
:siren:Anthem - $12 (80% off):siren:
Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Gold Edition - $25 (75% off)
Borderlands 1 XB1-native GOTY version is 50% off
Borderlands 3 I think is 33% off for all editions
Battlefield V Standard Edition - $20 (50% off)
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - $24 (60% off), the Digital Deluxe is 50% off
Control - $39 (35% off)
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled - $26 (35% off)
Devil May Cry 5 Deluxe Edition $23 (67% off)
Dragon Ball FighterZ - $15 (75% off), all editions are similarly discounted
Far Cry 5 - $15 (75% off)
Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition - $50 (50% off)
Ghost Recon Breakpoint - $30 (50% off)
Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Online Edition - $10 (67% off)
HITMAN 2 - Gold Edition - $25 (75% off)
NBA 2K20 - $30 (50% off)
Red Dead Redemption 2 - $30 (50% off)
Resident Evil 2 - $20 (67% off)
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - $39 (35% off)
Spyro Reignited Trilogy - $20 (50% off)
Titanfall 2: Ultimate Edition - $4.49 (85% off)
Tom Clancy's The Division 2 - $15 (75% off), I think all editions are 75% off

There's a stack of other titles on sale but I think largely for prices they've been on sale for in the past.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Rare sucks rear end now, make retro make it

No.

Get the FORZA team to make it.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
When did Ultimate Game Pass begin? I had a chat with Microsoft support today, and they claimed that I had subscribed to it in June. I could have sworn it started in August/September?

At any rate the support guy was really helpful and found a workaround where I was able to get five months for $3.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Fly Ricky posted:

When did Ultimate Game Pass begin? I had a chat with Microsoft support today, and they claimed that I had subscribed to it in June. I could have sworn it started in August/September?

At any rate the support guy was really helpful and found a workaround where I was able to get five months for $3.

Started in June. What's the workaround?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Started in June. What's the workaround?

He had me create a new account, link it to my Xbox, subscribe to Gold, Game Pass PC Beta, then Game Pass Ultimate. $1 each. It works with my main account since it's linked to my Xbox.

edit: I should add that the one caveat is I need to download Game Pass games via the new account. However the games and the Xbox Live service work with my main account. It's simple to switch between accounts though, no password or anything is needed.

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Nov 21, 2019

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Fly Ricky posted:

He had me create a new account, link it to my Xbox, subscribe to Gold, Game Pass PC Beta, then Game Pass Ultimate. $1 each. It works with my main account since it's linked to my Xbox.

edit: I should add that the one caveat is I need to download Game Pass games via the new account. However the games and the Xbox Live service work with my main account. It's simple to switch between accounts though, no password or anything is needed.

Actually pretty hilarious (but kinda awesome) that an official MS support person instructed you to do all this. We often tend to think we're outsmarting the company when we pull off stuff like this on our own, but they know.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Zat posted:

Actually pretty hilarious (but kinda awesome) that an official MS support person instructed you to do all this. We often tend to think we're outsmarting the company when we pull off stuff like this on our own, but they know.

Yeah, after he told me I had already subscribed, he said "Would you be interested in getting five months for $3? Get some coffee, it's going to take a while to set up."

Sent a glowing review, dude was a real champ.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Zat posted:

They put in things like this to get people to give them any money at all. They put it behind all these hoops so that only people who really want it get it. When I cancelled my SiriusXM service, the guy told me he would give me a discount for a year if I didn't cancel. He then said that if I called again in a year, I'd get the same discount again. But I'd have to spend an hour on the phone each year with someone I barely understand to get it.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

univbee posted:

:siren:Anthem - $12 (80% off):siren:

It's very mean to bold this like it's a deal on a good game :colbert:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What the gently caress is Gears 5 doing with its matchmaking

Teams are five players, but you can only bring a party of 3 into quickplay. You can bring any number into ranked and then lose because probably the other team had a full party. Also it takes loving forever. Just let me bring four or five people into the gently caress Around mode!

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Nov 21, 2019

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

This sale is nutso. Some insanely good prices in there. My 9 year old daughter is a huge Stranger Things fan but the stranger things video game seems super dumb. I see RE7 was on sale so bought it for her, I don’t know anything about it but it seems similar?? She will be so surprised when she gets home from school today!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
So totally superficial question - how does Forza Horizon 3 hold up to 4 graphically? I'm a sucker for good graphics and, while I want to play 3, I have a mental block on going to a game with lesser graphics.

It's stupid I know, but that be me.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

BonoMan posted:

So totally superficial question - how does Forza Horizon 3 hold up to 4 graphically? I'm a sucker for good graphics and, while I want to play 3, I have a mental block on going to a game with lesser graphics.

Same ballpark, basically.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

BonoMan posted:

It is noticeably not as good as 4, maybe 75% as good. But 4 looks so good that even at 75% it still looks great.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
While it may not technically look "better" the variety of scenery and setting is much better in 3. Oz > UK

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

every forza horizon game looks amazing at sunset and fog with its cool lighting but as soon as its daytime they all look like rear end....

uh does that answer your question

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

ethanol posted:

every forza horizon game looks amazing at sunset and fog with its cool lighting but as soon as its daytime they all look like rear end....

uh does that answer your question

3 also has the Hot Wheels expansion. 4 has Lego but it's not nearly as fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
ohhh yeah that sounds nice. But goddamn it's still expensive