Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Has there been a roundup of all of this yet, because that’s hosed up

https://twitter.com/shornKOOMINS/status/1197577339791724544

Clicking through they all show as suspended for violating Twitter rules. :tinfoil:

:lol: if they're going after people that ran the squirrel meme (and :ohdear: because I'll be next)

e: On this day 1989, TV cameras are permitted in British House of Commons for the first time.

NinpoEspiritoSanto fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

didn't twitter say that they wanted to become "non-political" (ignoring that what is and isn't allowed for discussion is in itself a political statement)?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Just seen a big Corbyn supporter post 'guess I won't be watching Countdown anymore' on Facebook. Was the Rachel Riley thing not that well known until this t shirt incident?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

double nine posted:

didn't twitter say that they wanted to become "non-political" (ignoring that what is and isn't allowed for discussion is in itself a political statement)?
No, they were going to stop accepting paid ads on political and "issue" topics. You can still talk politics all you want.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

That's some good inspiration.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Junkenstein posted:

Just seen a big Corbyn supporter post 'guess I won't be watching Countdown anymore' on Facebook. Was the Rachel Riley thing not that well known until this t shirt incident?
I think she crossed a big line for a lot of people when she went from "Corbyn is an antisemite" to literally erasing opposition to apartheid.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
whos rachel riley

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

bump_fn posted:

whos rachel riley

countdown presenter turned prominent white nationalist

she very much supports dodgy people

e; she might allege she is not a white nationalist. do not believe her. she has a track record of saying foul poo poo and supporting ethnostatey and great replacement poo poo and has become a little idol to the alt-right turds. she has sprung to prominence in the movement as a convenient idiot due to being a jewish person who buys heavily into the labour antisemitism smear.

Another Person fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Nov 21, 2019

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

Oh good, nobody has got here yet.

It's her final countdown.

:rimshot:

RockyB fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Nov 21, 2019

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
Corbyn live manifesto launch video starting now

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

CGI Stardust posted:

Corbyn live manifesto launch video starting now

where can I watch this?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

CGI Stardust posted:

sounds like someone hasnt heard of... node dot jay ess

No, this is one for....blockchain! With IBM Watson! :getin:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Another Person posted:

countdown presenter turned prominent white nationalist

she very much supports dodgy people

e; she might allege she is not a white nationalist. do not believe her. she has a track record of saying foul poo poo and supporting ethnostatey and great replacement poo poo and has become a little idol to the alt-right turds. she has sprung to prominence in the movement as a convenient idiot due to being a jewish person who buys heavily into the labour antisemitism smear.
I'd say white supremacist at the least, because erasing anti-apartheid stuff is something that nobody would find appropriate unless they were blinkered by an environment of white supremacy.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

I'd say white supremacist at the least, because erasing anti-apartheid stuff is something that nobody would find appropriate unless they were blinkered by an environment of white supremacy.

yeah

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

ItohRespectArmy posted:

where can I watch this?
can't find a way to do it without doxxing myself, sorry :(

ed: if you're on the email lists, they might have sent you an invite?

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

ItohRespectArmy posted:

where can I watch this?

stream here, apparently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK33iqFFAGI

ed: no sound, gently caress's sake

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

I think she crossed a big line for a lot of people when she went from "Corbyn is an antisemite" to literally erasing opposition to apartheid.

I just had a look at one of the big panelshow subreddits, and there's a large thread with mostly people saying she's gone crazy. This is a place where people mostly dont care and/or just wank themselves to sleep over her so it seems like a fairly significant development.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Actually impressive that a famous afternoon TV lady who's very attractive, blonde, and currently heavily pregnant, could make herself so loathed by such a large section of the public.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

https://twitter.com/zacksabrejr/status/1197545468034605056 make ZSJ minister for sport and the arts.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

ItohRespectArmy posted:

where can I watch this?

if you've got facebook, try
https://www.facebook.com/events/3202575786483386/

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

She's pretty much become the figurehead for the people who run gnasherjew, which probably include that dude who's name I cant remember, Collins something?

Also, these twitter search suggestions are pretty funny:

:thunk:

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

this has worked for me, many thanks

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

TheRat posted:

She's pretty much become the figurehead for the people who run gnasherjew, which probably include that dude who's name I cant remember, Collins something?

You're probably thinking of Euan Phillips I think?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Angepain posted:

This is worth a watch just for how many words michael gove uses to say "criticising us is biased actually, unlike us who are objectively correct"

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1197496972019666944

TBF maybe gove has a point about their left-wing agenda, it's a bit on the nose to conduct an interview with him surrounded by literal tons of bull/horseshit

paging Adam Boulton to rule on whether it qualifies as a visual metaphor

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Scikar posted:

You're probably thinking of Euan Phillips I think?

Nah, it was David Collier but Euan fits the profile too

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Let's just ask Google:

:discourse:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Kennel posted:

Let's just ask Google:

nice

fox news info babe, uk edition, got it

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Feldegast42 posted:

fox news info babe, uk edition, got it

I'm very skeptical the people at Fox News can add

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

TheRat posted:

Nah, it was David Collier but Euan fits the profile too

Collier is at least Jewish so ok, he may be dumb but whatever that's his right. How Phillips gets away with it I'll never know, as a non-Jew just constantly screaming* at Jewish people that they're not Jewish enough and racist (oh the layers) when they disagree with him about antisemitism

*like really, really aggressively and often in person. He's one step up from that Sussex friends of Israel weirdo

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

https://www.thetorymanifesto.com/?fbclid=IwAR0wFPkor67fLIJdunh-Q9tX9Dio2mBBsOsMpAIMuVC6Ye8NxHUTqmt9PjU tory manifesto looks lit

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
https://twitter.com/Dani_L_112/status/1197574951726915589
https://twitter.com/Kirkeey/status/1197564331833135107
https://twitter.com/klemmett_r/status/1197559652071948289

Toby Young trying to get the hottest takes before Brendan O'Neil writes an article about "Actually noncing is pretty okay, actually".

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 21, 2019

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back
can't believe they'd include that policy, of all things

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

this further supports my theory that gnasher, oz, riley, melt pundits etc are a twitter version of stay behind networks

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

oh but seriously I posted:

please stop acknowledging the existence of toby young

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

CGI Stardust posted:

can't believe they'd include that policy, of all things

I think they had to remove one or two “gently caress You”s in reponse to labour’s policies so an overall improvement from last time, they’ve got my vote

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
toby young goes to pro pedo conferences and is in epstein's address book and just loving admitted to being a paedophile

what in the living poo poo is this timeline

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

Very disappointed that it doesn't have Insane Clown Posse playing to go along with the cavalcade of fucks.

Those corporation tax, capital gains and dividend changes are causing some glorious meltdowns elsewhere on the internet, and it's still early days. I look forward to them picking up steam.

Just imagine the spectator articles that are coming up in the next week :holymoley:

RockyB fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Nov 21, 2019

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Spangly A posted:

toby young goes to pro pedo conferences and is in epstein's address book and just loving admitted to being a paedophile

what in the living poo poo is this timeline
It's the timeline where Toby Young is a nonce. Which is all timelines.

Alertrelic
Apr 18, 2008

The recent Twitter suspensions are genuinely shite.

Can't help but feel that certain elements of the online left (some from our very own dead subforums) share a bit of the blame here. Constantly pushing for harsher moderation, strengthening the report system and making out that trolling is some kind of major social problem. Maybe fighting video game culture wars and banning anime avatars isn't actually praxis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://mobile.twitter.com/coalitionofcha2/status/1197564546929561602