Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Frame rate used to be the main problem with Horizon 3 but maybe they patched that?

If you don't have an X that's irrelevant of course but I think a fellow graphics whore would.

I loved Horizon 3 and didn't care about 4 or any other, but then I'm the dude that moved to Aus irl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

forza horizon isnt interesting enough to play more than one i would just go with 4 and pay a $1 for it on gamespass

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

ethanol posted:

forza horizon isnt interesting enough to play more than one i would just go with 4 and pay a $1 for it on gamespass

Yeah I'm on gamepass (sup 3 years for $1) and am nearly done with it which is why I was asking. Kinda was hoping 3 would be on GP as well.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Frame rate used to be the main problem with Horizon 3 but maybe they patched that?

If you don't have an X that's irrelevant of course but I think a fellow graphics whore would.

Yeah I'm on an X

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

in that case you'd probably like it i'd just wait for a deep sale

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

ethanol posted:

in that case you'd probably like it i'd just wait for a deep sale

deep

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

For Forza, just milk Game Pass until the game is about to be delisted and they sell the complete edition for like four bucks and buy it then.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

he wants fh3

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Yeah I'm almost done milkin FH4.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
FH3 Hot Wheels is the only good thing Forza has done this gen

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
FH3 does not have a 60fps mode on the OneX making it worse than FH4. That makes such a huge difference playing the game.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

BrownieVK posted:

FH3 does not have a 60fps mode on the OneX making it worse than FH4. That makes such a huge difference playing the game.

I'm exactly the reverse. I turned on 60fps mode in 4 and it was just too ugly to me. The 30fps "high quality" mode it perfect for me.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Bleeding edge alpha testing is tonight for anyone in the insider thing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bushisms.txt posted:

Bleeding edge alpha testing is tonight for anyone in the insider thing.

Its gonna either suck or be pvp dmc, which will also suck if you get juggled for 3 hours

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Its gonna either suck or be pvp dmc, which will also suck if you get juggled for 3 hours

I think its safe to say its gonna suck and since its retail price is gonna be 30 dollars they know it too

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

30 should be standard for mp only games since it aint playable without other people

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I dont necessarily disagree but things like Overwatch and such selling for 60 for years still means consumer mindset is 30 dollar games are bad products.

And to be fair outside of Phantom Dust I cant really recall many sub-new game prices games that were good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its sp but Helblade i guess but i didnt care for it as much as others do

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

FH3 not being on gamepass is basically an admission that the map is better than FH4 and the hot wheels expansion is better than the lego expansion

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I must be an outlier because other than the novelty of driving actual Hot Wheels cars I got bored pretty quickly of racing on the same orange and blue plastic tracks. The Lego expansion had more variety IMO.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Having used both forms of streaming so far, there are some good points and bad points.

In all counts, the quality of the video is awesome, can't fault it.

In home streaming is near flawless. It's nice that someone else can now use the main TV and I can play elsewhere in the house. Barely any noticeable lag.

Xcloud is hit and miss. It's fine as long as you are not playing a game that requires accuracy.

Bloodstained and Rad are fun to play. Forza is great as long as you are not trying to race seriously. Something like borderlands is almost impossible to play as input lag means you are always overshooting your target.

I do see a place for remote streaming, but it's never going to take the place of a local system for QOL.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

If all I care about playing is the halo collection, gears games and maybe rare replay, any reason I shouldn’t pick up an Xbox one (original version ) from GameStop on Black Friday for $100? Seems like a good deal. It doesnt have a 4K blu Ray player built in though right?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

LionArcher posted:

If all I care about playing is the halo collection, gears games and maybe rare replay, any reason I shouldn’t pick up an Xbox one (original version ) from GameStop on Black Friday for $100? Seems like a good deal. It doesnt have a 4K blu Ray player built in though right?

The original version does not, no. It can play CDs, DVDs and normal 1080p Blu-rays. You can only have it oriented horizontally, and its power supply is a large external brick. It does not support HDR, but for the games you listed it doesn't really matter. The controller you get could potentially be poo poo, too, depending on how old it is (e.g. poor bumpers, no headphone jack, no bluetooth support for use with other devices).

On Xbox.com you will be able to buy various new Xbox One S bundles for $200 USD, including one that includes two controllers, which may be more worthwhile depending on what you were intending to do, and those would play back Ultra HD Blu-rays.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

LionArcher posted:

Get an S !

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
just buy $200 worth of Doritos and get an X

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Just buy $200 worth of Doritos, you don't need video games at all.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I got my x for $104 worth of Doritos

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

univbee posted:

Just buy $200 worth of Doritos, you don't need video games at all.

The Venn diagram of "people who are willing to spend $200 worth of Doritos" and "people who don't need video games" are just two separate circles.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

heeheex2 posted:

just buy $200 worth of Doritos and get an X
There's a guy that has 4000 posts in the Xbox thread (this thread?) about how much he hates the Xbox that has done this like 3 times.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

96 shame dollars tax

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The first 1/4 of my 20000 Xbox thread posts are defending the Xbox one, the next 1/4 are general confusion at Microsoft, and the last 1/2 is me rising from the ashes clutching a ps4

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Since it’s only $200 on sale, comes with a new controller and can play 4K blu rays... you raise a good point

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
The release of RDR2 was the best time to get an x (if you already had a prior version of the Xbox One, the third Xbox game console) and drat if I'm not happy with upgrading then. It's too bad that even the X (the most powerful game console of all time) suffers from an incredibly poo poo laggy ui. Definitely get an S is what I am saying

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

LionArcher posted:

Since it’s only $200 on sale, comes with a new controller and can play 4K blu rays... you raise a good point

Based on the games you listed as wanting, you have the following $200 Black Friday bundle choices:

XB1S Gears 5 Bundle: Comes with all the Gears games digitally to own forever. Also includes a code for 1 month of XBL Gold.
A "Starter Bundle" that comes with 3 months of regular Game Pass and 3 months of XBL Gold, which if memory serves you can convert into 6 months of Game Pass Ultimate for $1 (but only if you're not already on Ultimate, and I'm not sure that deal is still active).
The 2-controller bundle which comes with no games but does come with 3 months of XBL Gold.

Game Pass gives you access to all the games you listed.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Looks like Civ 6 is a good port: https://youtu.be/Zw_xtbmtVxE

If I play this as much as Civ Rev on 360 I probably won't need another game for a while.

lol at 130 dollarydoos for the game + expansions for an old rear end game though. This ain't the Switch.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
HalfLife VR wooooo

Guess I need to buy the new controllers.

I bet they'll port it over to PSVR

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I bet they'll port it over to PSVR

Doubt it

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

It needs knuckles to do what they want so doubt it

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Has anyone tried out that Tracks- The Train Set Game on gamepass? Looks hardcore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

dudeness posted:

Has anyone tried out that Tracks- The Train Set Game on gamepass? Looks hardcore.

I installed it and tried out a a level where I built a track over to a station but then I forgot to change the direction on a junction and the train went of the tracks and I couldn't find an option to put the train back on the track. One menu has a reset button that's greyed out. And there's a reset level option, but I think that just deletes all the track. Also, pressing B on the pause menu (you know, to go back to the game) instead opens their twitter page. No thanks.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 24, 2019