Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Frond posted:

Not a lot, surprisingly.

Quite a bit of it is set at us tracks right? So I'm assuming its better than rush where every track was bloody brands hatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
That's a bold loving claim, my friend. Days of Thunder is almost tied with Rush as the best motor racing drama of all time. No joke.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

That's a bold loving claim, my friend. Days of Thunder is almost tied with Rush as the best motor racing drama of all time. No joke.

The Olivia Wilde plotline of Rush brought the movie down for me a bit. A little surprised people seem to like Rush more than Grand Prix. The Ferrari shenanigans in GP are :discourse:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Premium Rush is the better of the Rush movies tbh

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

track day bro! posted:

Quite a bit of it is set at us tracks right? So I'm assuming its better than rush where every track was bloody brands hatch

Willow Springs, Daytona, and LeMans.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Wow I almost forgot Lance Stroll was still a Formula 1® driver.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

I believe you are forgetting about a little movie called The Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift

:colbert:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

A little surprised people seem to like Rush more than Grand Prix. The Ferrari shenanigans in GP are :discourse:

Grand Prix is unrealistic, Ferrari black flag their own driver who is about to win the championship as a mark of respect because their other driver got killed. Real life Ferrari would have hurled the corpse of Sarti onto the track in front of their competitors to try and take them out of the race.

MustardFacial posted:

I believe you are forgetting about a little movie called The Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift

:colbert:

Genuinely the best of the F&TF movies. (OK the first one is quite good but that's only because it's Point Break)

e: I've barely watched any of the later F&TF movies but i heard they retconned a load of "connections" back to Tokyo Drift which sucks cos it was a great standalone

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Nov 21, 2019

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

The Ferrari shenanigans in GP are :discourse:
I was about to disagree with you on Grand Prix but yes for the insider these character interactions in the movie are entertaining. But no, I do disagree, Grand Prix (and Le Mans also) suffer serious cinematic flaws. As films they suck. The cinematography and race footage are amazing but the characters suck, the plot is stupid and uninteresting. The only character even worth caring about is Sarti but he's not featured much.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Rush and Grand Prix are also really well done. Rush is particularly impressive because it’s directed by notorious hack fraud Ron Howard.

Days of Thunder obviously still whips rear end.

Frond fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Nov 21, 2019

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
F&F Tokyo drift is ok because it doesn’t have anything to do with the retarded rear end plot and ball numbing action of the other films in the franchise. It’s also like, the only film in the series that primarily focuses on racing.

It’s not a good movie, but it’s entertaining.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Frond posted:

Rush and Grand Prix are also really well done.
Rush is well done except for the race footage (not a small concern in a racing movie) and Grand Prix is only well done in the race footage. Seriously disappointed in little Opie's decision making with regard to the driving scenes.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Fast and the Furious is poo poo rear end garbage piss for dumbass millennial retards who think you can funnel a gallon of nitrous oxide through a Japanese car over the space of 5 seconds and it won't poo poo a conrod because they tuned a Suzuki Escudo to 1200bhp on Gran Turismo in 1998.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
The best motor racing films are all documentaries.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Premium Rush is the better of the Rush movies tbh

I was shook by the 100% unexpected human trafficking twist

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Theophany posted:

Fast and the Furious is poo poo rear end garbage piss for dumbass millennial retards who think you can funnel a gallon of nitrous oxide through a Japanese car over the space of 5 seconds and it won't poo poo a conrod because they tuned a Suzuki Escudo to 1200bhp on Gran Turismo in 1998.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Noooooooo Monicaaaaaaa!!!!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I'm going to see Fast Five tonight.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

Jolo posted:

Noooooooo Monicaaaaaaa!!!!

Wondering what happened to Ja Rule, but not enough to look it up.

I actually liked the pretty mundane interactions between characters in GP. Felt realistic and I found it interesting, though the pacing suffered for it.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Theophany posted:

The best motor racing films are all documentaries.

It’s true.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Ja Rule and some guy from Long Island used a bunch of Instagram models to scam a bunch of Rich Kids to go see “an exclusive musical festival” headlined by Blink 182 in TYOOL 2017. It was incredible, and also reminded me as to why I hate Ja Rule.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Senna is obviously biased as hell but it’s good.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

Wondering what happened to Ja Rule, but not enough to look it up.

I actually liked the pretty mundane interactions between characters in GP. Felt realistic and I found it interesting, though the pacing suffered for it.

My friend have you heard of Fyre Festival?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
If you paid $5000 to see Blink 182 on an Island then you don’t deserve your money.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Frond posted:

If you paid $5000 to see Blink 182 on an Island then you don’t deserve your money.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Incidentally who has ordered their Supreme dumbbells? I’ve ordered two

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=43&feature=emb_title&v=0Dpk2Hg-19Y

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

"what's my age again?"

Like 50 at this point dude, way too old to be on stage with someone called "lil" wayne

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

the kentucky quid posted:

Incidentally who has ordered their Supreme dumbbells? I’ve ordered two

5 lbs? Seems aspirational for Khablam

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

NtotheTC posted:

"what's my age again?"

Like 50 at this point dude, way too old to be on stage with someone called "lil" wayne

He sounds like he wants to kill himself.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

That one Blink 182 guy is now a UFO nut job

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Tom Delonge quit to go hunt UFOs, and honestly that was probably a better use of his time.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I think Blink 182 always sucked rear end but most were had by slick marketing and image, most of my friends included.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

colachute posted:

My friend have you heard of Fyre Festival?

I'd heard of it but only vaguely. Looked up a few specifics. As far as I can tell Ja hasn't lost a suit regarding the festival yet, so maybe he wasn't involved in it being a poo poo show.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Is there a 90s rock band that hasn’t aged poorly?

Nirvana is probably the closest but I think if Kurt hadn’t eaten lead that music would be viewed as extremely passé now.

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Pixies maybe? But they're a '80s/'90s band so I don't know if that counts.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Deftones?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

DevCore posted:

Pixies maybe? But they're a '80s/'90s band so I don't know if that counts.

Ya probably the Pixies but they did technically start in the 80s

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
The Incubus album S. C. I. E. N. C. E.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Rage Against the Machine