Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's not like this thread is used for much. most of the speedrun events typically get outsourced to other threads entirely.

where else am I going to get my daily dose of speedrun drama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Renegret posted:

where else am I going to get my daily dose of speedrun drama
petition to rename thread "pastebin.txt"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DACK FAYDEN posted:

petition to rename thread "pastebin.txt"

:hmmyes:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this thread borders on unreadable

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
hey sometimes sexrex and i post pbs

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I can post more pictures of Dragster (Atari 2600, 1980)

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
New celeste 100% TAS debuts this weekend :3

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i did a speedrun once, then the route changed and i was too inconsistent at it so i dropped like a rock down the leaderboards, and by "like a rock" i mean "from 2nd -> 5th" b/c it's not a particularly popular game

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

eonwe posted:

Thread needs posts to be readable.

It would help if there was more than 2? goon speedrunners.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

i did a speedrun once, then the route changed and i was too inconsistent at it so i dropped like a rock down the leaderboards, and by "like a rock" i mean "from 2nd -> 5th" b/c it's not a particularly popular game

Same, except I was unable to do the new trick even once.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i used to run half life 1 casually

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I was thinking about taking up Super Punch-Out speedrunning...until I saw that zallard1 is 4 frames away from having all 16 fights match the current WR TAS.

This first-of-its-kind run is from April but, good lord:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoE_mQ5DHfs

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I did a run of Vice City before SSU was discovered and netted a respectable time of 1h45m. Never uploaded it to leaderboards tho.
Not gonna go for that again since man, gently caress Cone Crazy.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

oldskool posted:

I was thinking about taking up Super Punch-Out speedrunning...until I saw that zallard1 is 4 frames away from having all 16 fights match the current WR TAS.

holy poo poo

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
I'm lazy and don't practice and therefore never have PBs to post here.

I do need to derust a run (Growlanser 2) for the next Frame Fatales submission period and I’d like to get a PB with no game overs, just been busy. And the game can get stupid with RNG.

KariOhki fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Nov 22, 2019

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
My ten year old beat cup head, and I showed him TMRs all pacifist/s rank run from gdq, and now he’s learning the speed run strats. Another generation infected!

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I want to get back into running stuff more seriously, but I have a bunch of other projects I'm currently prioritizing, plus I've got a big pile of games I just want to play normally too. Also I'm job hunting. So right now I just don't feel like I can make the time to just play one thing over and over. I will get back into it eventually, when my life has sorted itself out better.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

site posted:

someone make fun of coolmatty again so hell come back and pretend like theyre still doing something

I caused him to come here last time but I don't wanna get dogpiled again and derail the thread with people mad quoting me.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

oldskool posted:

This first-of-its-kind run is from April but, good lord:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoE_mQ5DHfs
He has what?!
HOW?!

I'm genuinely mad!

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

ItBreathes posted:

Thread needs posts to be readable.

It would help if there was more than 2? goon speedrunners.

There's probably like 10 maybe? Inactive would be way more as well. It's just that there's not a lot to post about.

Dicey dungeons is cool? I'll post that.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Studio posted:

There's probably like 10 maybe? Inactive would be way more as well. It's just that there's not a lot to post about.

Dicey dungeons is cool? I'll post that.

is that run as rng as it sounds like it is or do you guys just ignore the vvitch?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i technically have two world records so i'm definitely a speedrunner :cool:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I also hold world records in the technical sense. Only because I've outlasted the other active runner (:v:) and made a clear category switch.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Groovelord Neato posted:

I caused him to come here last time but I don't wanna get dogpiled again and derail the thread with people mad quoting me.

Fat shaming the Nazi sympathizer is the real evil obviously.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Dias posted:

is that run as rng as it sounds like it is or do you guys just ignore the vvitch?

Depends on what you're running!

I submitted Dicey to AGDQ, but the bid war was only for Jester, Warrior, Thief, Inventor because Robot and Witch are waaaay too inconsistent.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
I'm taking up running 90s non-FPS 3D games. Your TIEs Fighter, your Wings Commander, your Magics Carpet, that area.

Which is to say, I just got back into TIE Fighter after like two years off, but next I really want to hit Wing Commander 3.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Golbez posted:

Which is to say, I just got back into TIE Fighter after like two years off

let's see an IL speedrun of Battle 5 mission 1

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Groovelord Neato posted:

You're already a heel, you should fully embrace it imo

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

In a galaxy a long long time ago, I used to speedrun Quake - but then I got way more into tricking, so I never really got good enough to compete for the top.
That's my useless story.

In more current speedrun news, I look forward to seeing speedruns of Death Stranding.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

eonwe posted:

I'm sorry for being unreadable eonwe

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I definitely remember seeing the first Quake Done Quick and thinking 'wow I bet I could make my own version'. Then all the mods hit and I got too busy playing a hoverboard racing mod.

Just tried to donate some direct to PCF rather than go through AGDQ and their site can't seem to cope with my country. The address dropdowns have no options available despite being mandatory.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

donate to msf instead.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

D. Ebdrup posted:

In a galaxy a long long time ago, I used to speedrun Quake - but then I got way more into tricking, so I never really got good enough to compete for the top.

There's got to be a better name for that.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

prostitution bahaha

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Sit on my Jace posted:

There's got to be a better name for that.
I swear that's what it was called, and I only just realized that it also has a completely different meaning :D

EDIT: Actually, I think the real phrase for it is trick-jumping, but it's been so loving long...

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

mp5 posted:

let's see an IL speedrun of Battle 5 mission 1

well ok :v: It's from my first wave of videos to get times for everything, it could definitely be done better (mainly, being closer to the SHU when it launches), I'm now going back through and getting times for all the secondary and bonus goals, and then I'll actually work on improving times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlhmMYG5DuM

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

ArfJason posted:

i used to run half life 1 casually

I used to run SS1 casually, but then someone figured out that with the right timing you could sprint through locked doors and obsoleted literally all of my routing, and I never got back into it. Don't really have a lot of time to practice speedrunning strats these days, now.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Actually, this is kinda funny, there was a chick right outside my building trying to get people to sign up as monthly donors for MSF (I unfortunately can't do it because my financial siruation is weird and it's better to do single donations instead). She asked me if I knew what MSF was and I had an interesting time trying to explain that I do and that I am a donor because of GDQ. Kinda wish I was wearing one of the Yetee shirts at the time.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

ToxicFrog posted:

I used to run SS1 casually, but then someone figured out that with the right timing you could sprint through locked doors and obsoleted literally all of my routing, and I never got back into it. Don't really have a lot of time to practice speedrunning strats these days, now.

Oh man you just reminded me how crazy Serious Sam 3 speedruns are with the stupid rear end rocket jumps that game has :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Dias posted:

Actually, this is kinda funny, there was a chick right outside my building trying to get people to sign up as monthly donors for MSF (I unfortunately can't do it because my financial siruation is weird and it's better to do single donations instead). She asked me if I knew what MSF was and I had an interesting time trying to explain that I do and that I am a donor because of GDQ. Kinda wish I was wearing one of the Yetee shirts at the time.
This is a sign telling you to wear Yetee video game shirts more regularly.