Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Entorwellian posted:

Hells yeah. May I ask what your weed-to-oil ratio is? I've always done 1 cup per half oz.

I did a little over 7 grams and some leftover trim with 1 cup. Not as strong as I would have hoped. I think you got the right idea with a half though. My tolerance is a bit out of control because I made a 1.75 liter bottle of everclear green dragon and drank it all in like 2-3 weeks.

I took 6 today and I feel good but I’m still smoking. Yesterday I was working on refinishing a wood floor and couldn’t smoke joints while I was there so I took 12 and just zoned into the work for like 3 hours.

I need to make them a bit stronger but I also need to find a way to lower my tolerance without stopping smoking lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolRanch
Apr 5, 2019

Harton posted:

Flower power everyone. If you need weed on the go try coconut oil capsules.

Dope, I made some off of my avb and made gummies with coconut oil after water curing. They aren't potent but they produce a pretty good body high.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

CoolRanch posted:

Dope, I made some off of my avb and made gummies with coconut oil after water curing. They aren't potent but they produce a pretty good body high.

That’s awesome, gummies would be crazy cool.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Harton posted:

Flower power everyone. If you need weed on the go try coconut oil capsules.

instead of capsules you can just put it in a pump bottle. it makes for easy and consistent dosing, just squirt it on your food or in your mouth directly, & you can use it to moisturize your hands as well. but maybe use another oil so it won't solidify in the pump at the worst possible moment

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 22, 2019

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

poverty goat posted:

instead of capsules you can just put it in a pump bottle. it makes for easy and consistent dosing & you can use it to moisturize your hands as well. but maybe use another oil so it won't solidify in the pump at the worst possible moment

The capsules double as suppositories, though :v:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

true

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Nothing "cures" cancer and many of these other painfully debilitating chronic illnesses anyways, whether it's radiation therapy, surgery, weed, etc, just deals with the symptoms and hopefully addresses them in the long-term, so what's wrong with pro-legalization folks going with the same PR bullshit that the pharmaceutical industry, the medical community, and public health officials already tout as it is?

radiation and chemo are definitely not about managing the symptoms

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I never really got the strain thing. Weed just feels like weed whether indica or sativa.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

poverty goat posted:

instead of capsules you can just put it in a pump bottle. it makes for easy and consistent dosing, just squirt it on your food or in your mouth directly, & you can use it to moisturize your hands as well. but maybe use another oil so it won't solidify in the pump at the worst possible moment

Yes....squirt it into my hands and.....moisturize.

No bullshit though I had it all over my hands when I was filling the caps. Just rubbed it into my arms and neck and was totally loving baked. Squirt bottle is a great idea.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

poverty goat posted:

radiation and chemo are definitely not about managing the symptoms

Pain management is just as important as directly eradicating cancer cells through radiation, chemo, and surgery when that pain destroys your day-to-day existence and THC/CBD can help strongly alleviate that pain. The whole point is there's no such thing as a cure for cancer and other painful chronic ailments and any potential solutions should be more than welcome.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 22, 2019

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

skooma512 posted:

I never really got the strain thing. Weed just feels like weed whether indica or sativa.

Try strong indicas or sativas in a quiet controlled environment and see what happens. You might not be too affected by the difference in strains, but for me it's a spectrum where indica means intense concentration, giddiness, couch lock and sativa gives me a bunch of creative, stupid, and creatively stupid ideas. There's a lot in common though, it's not radically different for either one and the hybrids give me sort of a balance.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i notice a little difference in some weed being uplifting and some other weed being sedative, but it never correlates to something being 100% sativa/hybrid/100% indica. someone wrote a paper on this and there was no correlation between uplifting or sedative effects and sativa or indica genetics.

cannabis genetics, generally, are all over the place and the blue dream you buy at one shop is going to be different than the blue dream you get from a small grower. it's because of how seeds work. there is a plant that we think of as blue dream, and it exists in the form of clones, and all of those clones are the same. but if you buy a pack of seeds that says blue dream on it all of those plants that come from the seeds are not going to be the same as the real blue dream plant, although if the breeder is good a few of them may be similar. and it's the same with sour diesel, og kush, or most any strain you can think of. things are a lot more consistent the closer you are to california because there's nurseries out there that sell the actual plants you are looking for, so you don't have to buy seeds. even so there are many small time dealers that will just call whatever weed they happen to have by the name of the most popular strain at the time.

Hell Yeah fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Nov 22, 2019

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hell Yeah posted:

i notice a little difference in some weed being uplifting and some other weed being sedative, but it never correlates to something being 100% sativa/hybrid/100% indica. someone wrote a paper on this and there was no correlation between uplifting or sedative effects and sativa or indica genetics.

cannabis genetics, generally, are all over the place and the blue dream you buy at one shop is going to be different than the blue dream you get from a small grower. it's because of how seeds work. there is a plant that we think of as blue dream, and it exists in the form of clones, and all of those clones are the same. but if you buy a pack of seeds that says blue dream on it all of those plants that come from the seeds are not going to be the same as the real blue dream plant, although if the breeder is good a few of them may be similar. and it's the same with sour diesel, og kush, or most any strain you can think of. things are a lot more consistent the closer you are to california because there's nurseries out there that sell the actual plants you are looking for, so you don't have to buy seeds. even so there are many small time dealers that will just call whatever weed they happen to have by the name of the most popular strain at the time.

I’m not sure if measuring the caloric weight of thc is entirely accurate in terms of overall effect, because the plant matter acts as a balanced metabolic agent, and were really talking about the quality of the high. And we don’t really have a language for how the weed is. It’s also dependent on individual biology. Pure delta 9 wears off in about 15 minutes. So a caloric measure for 100% thc is a crappy measure because completely pure thc just wears off unless some of the resonant plant matter is left.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

poverty goat posted:

black market carts are at the center of the whole vaping plague, and if you have to take a bunch of rips to feel anything it might be because it's watered down with vitamin E acetate which will kill you

don't gently caress with any weed in a pen if you aren't getting it from a legal dispensary

This was before that all dropped, and it don't worry, I loving quit that poo poo instantly the second I heard about people getting sick. I'm just stating that even with flower, for some reason two enormous hits seems to do the work of 10 medium ones.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

nice to see taco bell's drive-thru sales are going legit

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i'm fuckin high lol

Ragtime All The Time
Apr 6, 2011

What beginner flower vape should I get on Black Friday?

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Ragtime All The Time posted:

If you can afford $280, get the Crafty

https://www.storz-bickel.com/en-us/

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Cross posting the Puffitup.com Green Friday deals from the vape thread - lots of great options here for someone new to herb vapes

https://blog.puffitup.com/2019/09/green-friday-2019-mega-sale-vaporizers-and-accessories/

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Presumably you're looking at an inexpensive, easy to use high quality portable vape that simply works well. I highly recommend the Kandypens K-Vape Pro. I tried out a friend's a couple weeks back and it's the easiest, most solid flower vape I've used lately. Should be well under $100 during Black Friday from various online shops or Kandypens too. https://www.kandypens.com/k-vape-pro-dry-herbal-vaporizer.html-

CoolRanch
Apr 5, 2019

If you want what most consider the "best" without being all that portable, the Storz and Bickel Mighty is what you want. puffitup.com has a 20% off promo. I think It's going for about $250?

if you want a true portable vape, I personally use the Fury 2, but they've come out with an updated version called the Fury Edge which is the one you'll want, it goes for about $150.

If you want a cheap and butane powered option, the Dynavap M, it runs for about $60-$70. I also have this one and I use my Fury 2 almost exclusively.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
I have an Arizer Solo 2 that I cannot say enough nice things about. It was a bit more expensive but the battery lasts forever, the glass is easy to clean, it heats up nice, and it's Canadian Made if you care about that sort of thing.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/20/house-committee-approves-bill-decriminalizing-marijuana-on-the-federal-level.html
Anyone else catch this recent story? Progress also, weed is good. :)

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I caught that, yes. It's passed committee, not a house floor vote. Don't get too excited.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I caught that, yes. It's passed committee, not a house floor vote. Don't get too excited.

Yeah it'd be great for Democrats to all come out in favor of legalization (which their whole goddamn base already supports) but that bill's not getting out of the Senate under any circumstances.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm more than ready to get direct deposit from work any time they get off their asses and finish the banking bill.

Don't get me wrong, being paid in cash is fine, but paying bills in cash is a pain in the rear end and it would save me a trip to the credit union.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

I got This for my wife for her birthday, but have ended up taking primary custody because she would rather just puff on concentrates than do the ritual of the flower. Personally, I love it. It's quick to heat up and holds enough that a bowl and a session's worth of time is enough to get me appropriately high.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

Probably an unpopular opinion these days but I still love my Magic Flight Launch Box.
It's so utterly basic, and I still enjoy it. Kind of annoying to use as a travel vape but that hasn't stopped me.
It's cheap and fun. I don't know how good their reputation is these days however.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I have a Boundless Tera and it’s absolute beast, but you *have* to do the arizer glass mod to get the best results. It’s definitely not pocketable but I can get 7-10 sessions before charging the batteries. It’s great as a bong vape, too.

Also I still haven’t been charged for the arizer extreme Q so it’s really the best Black Friday deal of all.

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
My husband and I have been travelling in the Philippines for the last 4 weeks and are finally going home to Canada today. That was a long tolerance break. :v:

I stopped drinking when weed was legalized because cannabis is just a better overall experience for me, and it annoys me that booze is so ubiquitous and thrust at you from all directions, but weed will get you jailed or worse when travelling outside the Canadian bubble.

Here's to hoping Air Canada starts offering THC drinks or whatever on flights in the near future.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Magic flight is a rite of passage but it's too hard to share with novices. Some will undercook it and say it's bogus and others will vape all the way through to combustion and totally ruin themselves in a single hit.

I like my arizer air, more than both the mflb and a pax 2 I used to have. It's super easy to clean and reasonably stealthy.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Is existential dread a side effect of weed? I am extremely worried about reincarnation right now.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i mean, you're here now, so clearly your past selves needn't have worried

Old Woman Island
Feb 21, 2011

If there is reincarnation I think I'll probably get kicked back to worm stage or some poo poo for messing up this go round

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Womp posted:

If there is reincarnation I think I'll probably get kicked back to worm stage or some poo poo for messing up this go round
Destroy capitalism, worst case is you spend a few lifetimes as a happy non-extinct animal.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

red19fire posted:

Is existential dread a side effect of weed? I am extremely worried about reincarnation right now.

Yes

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

My enano broke again. One of the wires I did a lovely job re-soldering broke off again. And the resistor on the led broke so the light doesn't turn on anymore when it's plugged in. I'm thinking about just re-wiring the whole thing at this point.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

red19fire posted:

Thinking about stuff is a side effect of weed. Existential dread is a side effect of thinking.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
I live by an airport so there's planes going overhead pretty often. Sometimes when I get high I think the planes are bombers and the nukes are coming.

My coping mechanism for this is to go pet my dog. It happens often enough that when a particularly loud plane goes by, he comes to find me. Good dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Antioch posted:

I live by an airport so there's planes going overhead pretty often. Sometimes when I get high I think the planes are bombers and the nukes are coming.

My coping mechanism for this is to go pet my dog. It happens often enough that when a particularly loud plane goes by, he comes to find me. Good dog.

Have you posted this in the forums before because I swear I’ve read it before and it’s tripping me out.

I’m watching loaded weapon on amazon and it’s like healing energy. I remember watching it with my dad when I was like 8 on Comedy Central.

I fear, love and respect weed.