Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Suicide Watch posted:

If you watch the gif, you'll see that the glass absorbs the energy and doesn't allow penetration...sure it looks bad now it can probably take bullets and protect the inhabitants.

too bad there's no crumple zones so everyone will just be turned to jelly in a crash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

too bad there's no crumple zones so everyone will just be turned to jelly in a crash

What's the downside of Tesla drivers turning to jelly?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

does it have a coal rolling app

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Looking forward to the day when a poor family of five in a crosswalk gets murdered by the bullbars on this thing and America just continues to shrug its shoulders and say, "Well, at least it's electric."

Ban all cars

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

does it have a coal rolling app

no it just bursts into flames

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Cugel the Clever posted:

Looking forward to the day when a poor family of five in a crosswalk gets murdered by the bullbars on this thing and America just continues to shrug its shoulders and say, "Well, at least it's electric."

Ban all cars

please don't ban all cars, I have to drive for an hour and a half to get groceries as is

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Suicide Watch posted:

If you watch the gif, you'll see that the glass absorbs the energy and doesn't allow penetration...sure it looks bad now it can probably take bullets and protect the inhabitants.

That was a joke, right?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Oh cool, what's that a 90 thousand dollar Johnny Cab

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Something else that has occurred to me is that if the windows are intended to be unpenetrable, then if you're ever in a situation where the door can't open and you need to get out or get someone out of the car (i.e you accidentally drove into a lake), then they're effective trapped in the car and potentially doomed to a terrible death by drowning

I don't think Mr. Musk has thought this whole car through!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Anyway my bet is that they're desperate to beat the electric F-150 to the market and decided to push it out as quickly as possible, but as a result they didn't have enough time to scrub out all of Musk's dumb loving ideas.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Isn't that just a choice you make if you want armored windows in general tho? Or are these coming standard and not part of a optional thing?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cugel the Clever posted:

Ban all cars

They're going to get murdered because the algorithm™ doesn't recognize them as people, let's be perfectly clear

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Something else that has occurred to me is that if the windows are intended to be unpenetrable, then if you're ever in a situation where the door can't open and you need to get out or get someone out of the car (i.e you accidentally drove into a lake), then they're effective trapped in the car and potentially doomed to a terrible death by drowning

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/744551674082136066?s=21

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
God drat, silicon valley and all the tech bros need to be taken out into the desert and left for the vultures and coyotes.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

They're going to get murdered because the algorithm™ doesn't recognize them as people, let's be perfectly clear
*BUZZZZZZZ

code:

Networth < 100000
Afrikaner == False
Muskfan == False

Conclusion = DIE

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

A Bad Poster posted:

God drat, silicon valley and all the tech bros need to be taken out into the desert and left for the vultures and coyotes.

they should make a survivor-style show where all the contestants are engineers and computer diddlers

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kawasaki Nun posted:

That thing is pretty awesome.

No it isn't. Elon Musk made it, which means it's a worthless piece of poo poo.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Hold up there. That's the kind of thing a pedophile would say!

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That truck is atrocious.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Or, hypothetically, maybe the batteries somehow catch fire, meaning the vehicle has lost all power and you can't open the door because you're at an angle and each vehicle panel weighs 60 loving pounds.

I'm not joking.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

love to get chased around an abandoned hospital by my truck before going to work every morning

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Tesla's financial situation is so dire they can't even afford more polygons.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Tesla basically handed the ball game to Rivian

What an abortion.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Seriously, that car that Homer Simpson designed was better looking than this pile of poo poo.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

I hope the transaxle can take it.

piL fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Nov 22, 2019

C2N14
Jul 11, 2018

Destroyer of spectrometers

FAUXTON posted:

they should make a survivor-style show where all the contestants are engineers and computer diddlers

HEY! I don't need to get picked for this!

...I mean, I was a scout, I'm not TOO worried, but still. I've got weekend plans.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm really not a fan of Elon Musk or Tesla but I do like the Cybertruck :shrug:

That thing just needs some butterfly doors

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/DoctorMacArthur/status/1197745483801878528

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I'm really not a fan of Elon Musk or Tesla but I do like the Cybertruck :shrug:

That thing just needs some butterfly doors

It needs a hatch with explosive bolts that we can open ourselves!

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Puegot did it better

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
FAP

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Would you like to drive a truck with absolutely zero visibility? Well you're in luck!

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?

That Works posted:

I cut off my entire maga family side in 2016. They are all super evangelicals and live in shity parts of Oklahoma so I don't miss anything about going back to visit. I have made it a habit though to send passive aggressive Christmas gifts. In the past years I've sent a framed Trump photo with the grab them by the pussy quote and last year I sent them a golden calf. I'm kind of out of ideas for this year, anyone got a good troll gift idea?

A CD full of Soviet marching songs.

The biography of Stalin/Putin.

Russian mahorka - cigarettes (if you can get them, they are super foul).

Battleship Potemkin - movie DVD.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Ataxerxes posted:

Battleship Potemkin - movie DVD.

don't reward them

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Ataxerxes posted:

A CD full of Soviet marching songs.

I want this

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

Russian nesting dolls

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Oh silly you, you'd be electrocuted to death long before you have to worry about drowning!

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/AmbJohnBolton/status/1197862304462901248?s=20 :f5:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
as a person with strong opinions on trucks that looks useless and dumb

I bet it doesn't even have strap down points and how do you get a backrack on so you can take ladders and stuff without scratching the paint

Edit: and I bet it doesn't have a lot of ground clearance with a full load so no curb jumping and stufd

probably no where to put a tool box either

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Nov 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?

Something like this?: https://www.amazon.com/Soviet-Russian-Marches/dp/B000003WAW/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=soviet+marching+songs&qid=1574429491&sr=8-2

Also this might be a good troll gift. De-Putinize yourself and face to balalaikas:
https://www.amazon.com/Leningrad-Co...ps%2C374&sr=8-2