Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

skitterbots and flesh and stone are good mana reserves on summoner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I'm trying not to get mad at video games but I've had some 100%hp to 0 in the blink of an eye deaths everytime I get within one bar of leveling up for the past two days. It is not adding a lot of fun to the map grinding experience.

Yeah, this will happen. What do your defenses look like? You really want to have multiple layers of defense. As a summoner you can really commit a lot of your gear budget to defense.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh yeah and what pantheons are you using? Lunaris with the "avoid chained projectiles" upgrade is extremely good for summoners.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Edit: nevermind

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
This is his PoB Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/GWQEs3Wq

*You don't need Summon Skeletons and Vaal Summon Skeletons setups. Ditch the SS setup entirely.
*Ditch Essence Glutton. You're not consuming corpses all that often and you don't need the mana or ES regen. Use Commander of Darkness or Mistress of Sacrifice instead. The former is offense, latter is defense. With the latter, you can put in a CwDT - Desecrate - Bone Offering - Enfeeble setup in place of that SS setup for more survivability.
*Also, jesus christ fix your resistances. Use Purity of Elements until you un-gently caress your gear. Your boots and jewelry are all, quite frankly, garbage. Get some 30% movespeed boots with >70% resistances will probably give you the biggest QoL improvement.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 21, 2019

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Rat only plays hc, his experiences and statements reflect on a dumbass dream world

I play sc and never had to whisper more than 1-2 people except when trying to snipe cheap stuff through live search.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah, Mistress of Sacrifice is really good. It lets you set up a CWDT-Spirit Offering, which gives you 3% of your max life as extra energy shield (meaning it can go over your max energy shield) any time you take damage.

Probably also get a shield instead of dual wielding, I don't think your offhand is doing much for you.

You could definitely get a lot more increased life from the passive tree, like you're right next to Quick Recovery but you don't take it. I know you're going for a Baron build, but I think going that far south on the tree is a huge waste.

Definitely get a ghastly eye jewel with minions have a chance to taunt on hit.

I'd suggest looking into using MOM since you're right next to it on the tree. It can be a massive increase to your effective HP.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Thanks guys, going to try these fixes and see how it goes.

edit: should I drop the Grave Intentions cluster in favor of Quick Recovery?

Dr. Clockwork fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 21, 2019

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I used Mistress of Sacrifice with Flesh offering for that sweet 20% movespeed. Gotta go fast.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
So lets say you have the full 30% resist from Bone Barrier, that puts you at 46% lightning resist, or 56% damage taken. Capped resists is 75%, or 25% damage taken. You are literally taking over DOUBLE damage compared to what the game is balanced against, and that's before any curses like Elemental Weakness are accounted for. You don't have a warding flask so random map mods or monster curses are going to take you to almost zero resist, you could potentially be taking triple to quadruple the "normal" damage you should be.

Every single other thing that people are suggesting comes after this. EVERYTHING.

Fix your resists first, all elemental resists should be 75% before you bother with a single other thing people are talking about here.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Nov 21, 2019

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

You could definitely get a lot more increased life from the passive tree, like you're right next to Quick Recovery but you don't take it. I know you're going for a Baron build, but I think going that far south on the tree is a huge waste.

I can't look at his tree, but I took my Baron build all the way down to soul of steel and it was totally worth it. You can pick up that, utmost might, and bloodless all right next to each other, plus pick up barbarism and heart of the warrior along the way, as well as a ton of strength.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cinara posted:

So lets say you have the full 30% resist from Bone Barrier, that puts you at 46% lightning resist, or 56% damage taken. Capped resists is 75%, or 25% damage taken. You are literally taking over DOUBLE damage compared to what the game is balanced against, and that's before any curses like Elemental Weakness are accounted for. You don't have a warding flask so random map mods or monster curses are going to take you to almost zero resist, you could potentially be taking triple to quadruple the "normal" damage you should be.

Every single other thing that people are suggesting comes after this. EVERYTHING.

Fix your resists first, all elemental resists should be 75% before you bother with a single other thing people are talking about here.

Yeah, ideally you should be aiming for 109% resists (because max Ele Weakness is -34%). Getting 75% BEFORE Bone Barrier is a good idea, otherwise you risk losing minions and becoming much more vulnerable.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
If you're playing SC just run a Stibnite of Warding, Ele Weak capping is a thing of the past outside of HC.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I get eweak capped if I have the luxury of doing it. Like if I'm going Alira + end up getting a bunch of resist on the tree and I'm using a bunch of rares. Though lately I've been opting for double resist + chaos resist on those rares.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea I would take getting to even just 0% chaos res over going for Ele Weak cap any day.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

Getting 75% BEFORE Bone Barrier is a good idea, otherwise you risk losing minions and becoming much more vulnerable.

I thought that going into the league, but my minions turned out to be completely immortal except in reflect maps (and probably HoGM)

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Qwertycoatl posted:

I thought that going into the league, but my minions turned out to be completely immortal except in reflect maps (and probably HoGM)

Reflect maps and +200% crit maps are the only times my minions have died.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Well if there's a build that can afford to have extra resists, it's a summoner build. But yeah I guess that's not an urgent fix.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
On summoner aura chat:

full physical melee: pride, dread/war, f&s + maim blood, avian and sweet lord get mana reserve reduction
full or partial cold (grip of the council/triad grip): hatred + generosity, run EE + AoF and hit to debuff. f&s sand, avian
full Chaos (all white triad grip): gently caress you you're too rich for advice. but def run avian
rainbow spells:zealotry, f&s sand, avian

in conclusion loving run avian

edit; for the dude who was looking for advice: ditch the severed in sleep in your off hand and wear a shield with str/res/life. grab more jewel sockets and run brawns - you want 1k str minimum for baron leech. Your links are a mess - minion damage does nothing for skitterbots, vss + ss is redundant (vaal skills grant the normal version now), Carrion does fuckall dmg in your setup, run it w charge spectres in a 4l with life and meatshield. Put feeding frenzy gem on the skels. Run f&s, avian (from a ring). Swap your neck for an astramentis, and alberons warpath for your shoes. Upgrade your rings, belt, gloves to have fatty res rolls. Craft resistance on everything. Grab the life/chaos wheel and all of templar life. And the soul of steel wheel. Regret and sacrifice damage leaf nodes to do this.

Grimoire fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Nov 22, 2019

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Vasudus posted:

It's me, I'm the guy that would pay a few bucks to have GGG remove my dupes.

Same, actually. I kinda want these back in the game. I never knew they existed.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Stupid newbie question because so far I haven’t been able to: can you craft modifiers onto uniques at some point?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
With the exception of veiled modifiers on betrayal items, no.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Stupid newbie question because so far I haven’t been able to: can you craft modifiers onto uniques at some point?

You can anoint the special blight uniques

You can 'upgrade' some uniques into (often) valuable versions with prophecies. Usually you can just buy the pre-upgrade unique for pocket change if you find a good prophecy, don't worry about stockpiling them just because they have an upgrade path

You can enchant helms/gloves/boots with the Labyrinth enchants (hard to target specific mods)

But not explicitly the crafting bench mechanic

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Awesome! posted:

skitterbots and flesh and stone are good mana reserves on summoner

Flesh and stone is kinda op for alot of characters. If you can stay in range to activate the blind on targets, its a free 50% evasion.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Dahbadu posted:

Same, actually. I kinda want these back in the game. I never knew they existed.

I think it existed for like 4 hours or something.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

paying even more money to correct something caused by something that's already pretty dang scummy is not something that should be encouraged

not to mention there was no guarantee that you wouldn't just get another duplicate out of the whole thing

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1197695887226490880

Spell Echo Plus looks spicy. EDwA Plus looks rather :geno:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Spell Cascade Plus, EDWA, and Cold Penetration Plus all look meh. I guess the level 6 corrupted versions will be worthwhile, along with items with +2 support gems.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I'm waiting for the poe forums to be filled with scuffed builds using all support plus gems. League starter bro!

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Vasudus posted:

Spell Cascade Plus, EDWA, and Cold Penetration Plus all look meh. I guess the level 6 corrupted versions will be worthwhile, along with items with +2 support gems.

Spell Cascade is actually one of the most exciting ones, it makes your area wider AND longer, not just a line like standard Spell Cascade. The gem info doesn't indicate this very well, you have to watch the video.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

TheRat posted:

No it isn't.

E: Learn basic trading tricks like dont message the price thats obviously too low for people to bother responding, dont message someone thats had your cheap item listed for weeks. Buy maps from people who recently listed them. Avoid extremely obvious price fixers.

We can see here a man whose sanity was not preserved. A shameful creature, to be mocked and derided.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Cinara posted:

Spell Cascade is actually one of the most exciting ones, it makes your area wider AND longer, not just a line like standard Spell Cascade. The gem info doesn't indicate this very well, you have to watch the video.

Oh. I didn't watch it and I compared it to the regular gem and thought it was another meh 'this skill does 6% more damage!!!!' like EDWA does. Which sure, 6% more damage is 6% more damage but I was hoping all of them would have something exciting about them.

edit: If EDWA+ had the same damage as a standard level 20 gem but did something like...I dunno, does more% damage to targets affected by an element it would be cooler.

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 22, 2019

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

TheRat posted:

No it isn't.

E: Learn basic trading tricks like dont message the price thats obviously too low for people to bother responding, dont message someone thats had your cheap item listed for weeks. Buy maps from people who recently listed them. Avoid extremely obvious price fixers.

You should totally low ball the guy with the item thats been up for weeks. Yup, if they didn't just list the map its price is prob wrong or they are not selling maps and wont answer.

I usually forget about my 1 chaos tab full of crap pretty quickly but if someone bugs it for me after like the first week of a league I figure they might actually really need this item(because the season economy is usually hosed by that point) and I just invite them to trade.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 22, 2019

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

What’s the significance of an Astramentis being corrupted? I’m still not clear on this mechanic.

Talking about the top one here, while it lasts.

http://poe.trade/search/anahuhadonouka

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

That means it cannot be modified in any way*, shape or form by other currency items.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vaal_Orb

The person who did it either did it for lols or was trying to get a a good implicit modifier (I'd guess one of the %Str mods).

*The one exception is that sockets of a corrupted item can be changed with the crafting bench, but those mods now cost X Chromatics/Jeweler's/Fusings + X Vaal orbs.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Nov 22, 2019

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Spell Cascade+ makes me really want to play a storm call inqu

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

lamentable dustman posted:

Spell Cascade+ makes me really want to play a storm call inqu

Just when I was about to run a Storm Call Inquisitor for kicks. I guess I have a second 3.9 build now.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I feel like these days Assassin is mostly just better than Inquisitor for almost every build, Mistwalker is just too strong of a node. They both fill similar crit roles, but Assassin offers more damage and better defenses. The ele ailment immunity and regen from Inquis are nice, but not enough to tip the scales IMO.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
speaking of which it continues to make me salty how much better templar/shadow/ranger (if projectile based) is for non-dot casters. if arcanist sucks as much as elementalist im going to cry.

well its not that elementalist is bad exactly, but it doesn't really fit any play styles i care for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermosAquaticus
Nov 9, 2013
On the subject of elementalist, I was planning on a Flameblast hit/ignite hybrid character for 3.9, based on the number of supports that scale both now, plus the flat %damage that golems get you, shock effect you can scale etc. Maybe switch to stormfire Divine Ire once I had the currency if it didn't work out too well.

Is this a terrible idea (assuming nothing about this is changed in the new league)?