Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Actually, yes. Thanks, this is a pretty useful resource for that particular form of apathy. I'll keep chipping away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Barry Foster posted:

Is it worth canvassing in a super safe seat (Exeter)? Or should I go do summit down in Plymouth or up in Brizzle in marginal seats?

Now that my marking is done and I have a week off (whoo strike, and yes, I'll go picket too) I need to get my arse in gear.

If you can get to a marginal then there's definitely more value in that.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

chird posted:

a dude who would benefit more than anyone I know from the manifesto. I dunno, just a common refrain.
The effort of going to vote is more than the expected benefit, wonderful, love this extremely working politics.

keep poking though, only a few days left to get everyone registered

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Rarity posted:

If you can get to a marginal then there's definitely more value in that.

Yeah, figured. I got a mate down in Plymouth so I can always go stay with him if need be. Signed up for alerts on the area, so will see what comes up

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/SolHughesWriter/status/1197829152809902080?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol the brexit party "manifesto" which is only 20 pages long has free broadband in it

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Lords Abolition too.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

Productivity in the UK has been on the rise in Britain since the 1970's but wages have remained stagnant for decades.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Man, it's quite the whiplash to go from working with homeless people on Wednesday to canvassing literal mansions in Kensington on Thursday.

I had someone with "von" in the middle of their name open the door in a ballgown with a diamond necklace on.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Junior G-man posted:

Steamin' fresh podcast - this time it's our EU special.

So what's that all about then:

did a goon actually willingly share her real name as if being a member of this forum isn't something to be deeply ashamed of, or did you somehow convince a real person to join a goon podcast

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Barry Foster posted:

Is it worth canvassing in a super safe seat (Exeter)? Or should I go do summit down in Plymouth or up in Brizzle in marginal seats?

Now that my marking is done and I have a week off (whoo strike, and yes, I'll go picket too) I need to get my arse in gear.

I'll be out in Plymouth Sutton at the start of Dec, come join ratty

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Jose posted:

lol the brexit party "manifesto" which is only 20 pages long has free broadband in it

Oh nice!

But apparently it requires that you permanently set your homepage to the Brexit Party's website :crossarms:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Angepain posted:

did you somehow convince a real person to join a goon podcast

It's this one. No, I've got no idea how we pulled it off either.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Necrothatcher posted:

Man, it's quite the whiplash to go from working with homeless people on Wednesday to canvassing literal mansions in Kensington on Thursday.

I had someone with "von" in the middle of their name open the door in a ballgown with a diamond necklace on.

"We'll be seizing your diamonds, ma'am. Have a lovely evening."

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Necrothatcher posted:

I live in a marginal constituency. I get a similar experience except they're coming to my door. Good ode bearded Labour chaps with thick northern accents and flat caps, followed by a Tory in a tailored suit made to show the gold cufflinks on his shirt.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Barry Foster posted:

Get in touch with momentum as they're trying to do things around the south west and having local people will be good.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Angepain posted:

did a goon actually willingly share her real name as if being a member of this forum isn't something to be deeply ashamed of, or did you somehow convince a real person to join a goon podcast

Most goons that have gone on the podcast have shared their real names on there. And they have had a couple of non-goons on it too.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

neoliberalism.txt

https://twitter.com/duncanrobinson/status/1197831788342784000?s=20

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

The comments droning about this being anti-women are terf (lol autocorrects to terrible) twitter, I assume? Lot of engagement from them.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I feel like this is the plot of a Seinfeld episode.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Ratjaculation posted:

I'll be out in Plymouth Sutton at the start of Dec, come join ratty

I didn't realise you were down this corner of the country! I just might do that

namesake posted:

Get in touch with momentum as they're trying to do things around the south west and having local people will be good.

Yeah having a look at that too. They don't have any events listed on that marginal tool beyond this weekend but I'll sign up for notifications

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Necrothatcher posted:

I feel like this is the plot of a Seinfeld episode.

Inevitably George is prevented from using his token at a follow-up restaurant because the last time, a manager walked in to find him taking his shirt off.

HauntedRobot
Jun 22, 2002

an excellent mod
a simple map to my heart
now give me tilt shift

mediaphage posted:

The comments droning about this being anti-women are terf (lol autocorrects to terrible) twitter, I assume? Lot of engagement from them.

Yes, the twitter folks who are such good feminists they only recognise women as women who have a particular type of body they approve of come out in droves whenever someone posts a radical agenda post like "maybe let's not be shits to people idk".

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Events.labour.org.uk should have plenty of events for you to check out basically in every area!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

winegums posted:

https://twitter.com/bbcquestiontime/status/1197651546940608514

Richard Burgon isn't a great communicator. He really just could've stuck to the topic here instead of crowbarring in stuff about billionaires. Or flat out said "if you're on 80k, you'll be paying an extra £8 a month so people don't die on the streets, so kids don't go to school hungry, so grannies aren't dying of urosepsis on trollies in hospital corridors. If that's too much for you to pay, just loving abstain from the vote you utter oval office".

The audience guy was a moron and really handed this to Burgon by flat out denial of reality and he still kinda flubbed it.

There's only so much you can do with a person who's so out of touch with reality and refuses to even acknowledge his position in life.

You can try and get him on side. Point out to him that he's in the top 5% of earners and he still doesn't feel rich. That the difference between the top 5% and the top 1% has become so vast that you can't wrap your mind around it.That society has become so warped and aimed at the profits of the very rich that a guy on £80k a year doesn't recognise his wealth. That the price of a house, the price of a car, of electricity, of heat, of broadband of everything has steadily increased to the point where he's streaks ahead and feels like his spinning in place. That a conservative government of 9 years has left him feeling this way.

Or you can just call him a stupid selfish oval office and hope that enough people will be on your side that he'll be properly humiliated.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

I've only seen this term in the best football forum on the webs (The Wagatha Christie aka The Bung Piepit aka The Yohan Kebab aka The Ray Parlour) so which one of you was this?

https://twitter.com/nandi_naira/status/1197807654963466240

:laugh:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Barry Foster posted:

I didn't realise you were down this corner of the country! I just might do that

I'm back in Cornwall over December for Christmas with the fam, but lived in Plymouth during 2017 and Luke (the Lab MP) he is good egg, though he likes Tango. I'll drop you a PM when I know my dates :)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

mediaphage posted:

Yeah, it is.

Also lol at the anti-NBs saying that you can't have an X on your passport because sex is binary and isn't the same as gender.

Which part of your passport is about whether you have a dick or not, and which part of binary sex accounts for intersex, differences in sexual development, sex polysomies, etc.?

*in extremely TERF voice* Pick up a biology book, losers.

Murray Rothbard and the thriving free market in dropping the kids off at the pool.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Azza Bamboo posted:

I live in a marginal constituency. I get a similar experience except they're coming to my door. Good ode bearded Labour chaps with thick northern accents and flat caps, followed by a Tory in a tailored suit made to show the gold cufflinks on his shirt.

Watch out that the Labour ones don't steal your silver, and watch out that the Tory doesn't steal your soul.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

anyone else looking forward to experiencing a US coup in person?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Bundy posted:

I've only seen this term in the best football forum on the webs (The Wagatha Christie aka The Bung Piepit aka The Yohan Kebab aka The Ray Parlour) so which one of you was this?

Probably the least offensive projection in Eton but a good start.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Bundy posted:

I believe its origin is Jamaican patois

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

mediaphage posted:

yeah the terf side of twitter's main campaign strategy at the moment is finding any twitter post about trans people and piling on with zillions of accounts all frantically gish-galloping prepared talking points regardless of their relevance. endless fun and enjoyment for all concerned

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Jose posted:

Ahem, it'll be a US FUNDED coup, that's very different.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
There's a bridge over the M4 by Bristol that has the graffiti "BORIS IS HELCH" on it in big letters. I don't know what helch means but it definitely sounds like a bad thing.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Jose posted:

I mean we already are, you mean an ARMED US funded coup surely?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/PeoplesMomentum/status/1197835134436827139

You, stupid and Scottish: Austerity has caused misery all across Britain and caused the deaths of over 120,000 people.

Me, looking patronisingly at your weak baby logic: But what do you think about Brexit?

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Lord Ludikrous posted:

On another forum I sometimes look at to get a vague idea of what gammons are thinking someone has started a thread asking what people will do if Labour were to win. The replies are absolute gold – its astonishing to think this is what gammons actually believe.

Hello fellow PH NP&E observer! :wave:

Is this going to be one of those things where the handful of lefties that are left on that forum are all goons? Another entryist cell from UKMT...

It is interesting how this week they've gone from 'Lol, Corbyn, lol. No chance, what a loser fantasist. They need David Milliband back!' to constructing elaborate nightmares about the coming dystopia. They're rattled...

BalloonFish fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Nov 22, 2019

HauntedRobot
Jun 22, 2002

an excellent mod
a simple map to my heart
now give me tilt shift

Aphex- posted:

There's a bridge over the M4 by Bristol that has the graffiti "BORIS IS HELCH" on it in big letters. I don't know what helch means but it definitely sounds like a bad thing.

There used to be a famous bit of graffiti on a bridge over the M25 that said "GIVE PEAS A CHANCE" for years and it was kind of a landmark. Then another person decided to overspray that with their own tag, and that person was Helch. There was UPROAR.

So yeah for a while it said "GIVE HELCH A CHANCE" then when it made national news and they were getting slated for defacing Peas's thing, they changed it to "GIVE HELCH A BREAK". I'm not sure what it reads now. Kinda funny if someone's comparing Boris to Helch, but it might have been Helch themselves, who knows.

Yeah I'm invested in motorway grafitti, I also have opinions about the giraffes on the A34 or the cats on the new Norwich by pass what of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Aphex- posted:

helch is just some graffiti guy. apparently it originally said "boris is a coked up pervert", which is probably more accurate