Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Doesn't rest mode gently caress up all Soulsborne games' online part and you get thrown back to the menu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I had a very heavy cargo on and stopped to give Sam a breather, but he started to wave his arms and tipped over backwards when I failed to hang onto the pack lol

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Big ol' italics nope from beanpole. Looks like cobbled together ideas from other dev's VR tech demos with Star Wars levels of audio-visual nostalgia baiting.

lmao I have the exact reaction. it’s like “I saw the G-Man and I clapped!” level.

and no I’m not bitter about not having a vr headset or a pc :mad:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Actually I think you'll find that my consumer choices are secretly anti-capitalist and subversive, instead of yours, which are all status quo-enforcing nostalgia.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

> audio-visual nostalgia baiting

> buys SOTC remaster

:getin:

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I can’t afford remasters

Speaking of !

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1197828307561127937?s=21

MechaSeinfeld fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Nov 22, 2019

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Donovan Trip posted:

One thing I noticed with negative reviews of DS is how aggravating they found falling down to be whereas I think its absolutely hilarious. Who doesn't think falling down is funny!? Or pooping!? goty

“ohhh gently caress what have I done wait wait I got this I can do it I can carry ANYTHING ahhhh gently caress my packages whyyyyy triangle triangle triangle triangle triangle triangle” loop is more enjoyable and amusing than 99% of other games gameplay loops.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

:aaaaa:

My second favourite Resident Evil being remade??? After the stunning and amazing RE2make??

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

So with that, this means you can play all the resident evil games worth a drat on one console right?

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Doesn't rest mode gently caress up all Soulsborne games' online part and you get thrown back to the menu?

You do get booted to the main menu but you never lose progress.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I wish they'd remake kotor

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Donovan Trip posted:

One thing I noticed with negative reviews of DS is how aggravating they found falling down to be whereas I think its absolutely hilarious. Who doesn't think falling down is funny!? Or pooping!? goty

Nobody plays video games to feel like a clumsy goof.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Bust Rodd posted:

It was extremely idiotic in Witcher 3 because Geralt spent so much time telling Ciri that she wasn't pirouetting carefully enough or whatever while he stumbled over everything in sight, but Sam doesn't say stupid poo poo like that so it's okay.

Edit: but then, I am a somewhat seasoned hiker and when you hit r1 and it shows what Sam is likely to stumble over, I understand it perfectly.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
The best DS stories posted are the spills

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

QWOP
Goat Simulator
Octodad
Garry's Mod

amongst many

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I play fighting games to experience those brief moments of perfection in between the many rounds where I barely scape by or lose to the dumbest poo poo imaginable that I should easily beat after playing for 100s of hours.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I play video games to enjoy a fantasy where I earn 10s of thousands of dollars/gold coins within one day.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

RareAcumen posted:

I play video games to enjoy a fantasy where I earn 10s of thousands of dollars/gold coins within one day.

One of the funniest moments in RDR2 is spending half an hour IRL doing farm chores for a whole day in game, and getting paid $3 at the end of the day

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

One of the funniest moments in RDR2 is spending half an hour IRL doing farm chores for a whole day in game, and getting paid $3 at the end of the day

That was back in the 1800s. In modern action games you only get paid in exposure.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

That was back in the 1800s. In modern action games you only get paid in exposure.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is an “action game” the same doing the laundry is an “action chore”

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

RDR2 is a JRPG.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

exquisite tea posted:

Actually I think you'll find that my consumer choices are secretly anti-capitalist and subversive, instead of yours, which are all status quo-enforcing nostalgia.

The only thing I'm here to subvert is bowgirls. They can either use greatswords or be put to death.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

My memories hazy, but didn't Resident Evil 3 reuse some/most of its locations from RE2 due to them both occurring in Raccoon City during the outbreak?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

My memories hazy, but didn't Resident Evil 3 reuse some/most of its locations from RE2 due to them both occurring in Raccoon City during the outbreak?

It absolutely did and it had Jill Valentine as the star and with the Nemesis chasing her around everywhere. I loved it so much! :D
Re2 > Re3 > Re1! If they make this as good as RE2make then I will be exceptionally jolly!

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

VideoGames posted:

It absolutely did and it had Jill Valentine as the star and with the Nemesis chasing her around everywhere. I loved it so much! :D
Re2 > Re3 > Re1! If they make this as good as RE2make then I will be exceptionally jolly!

You seem exceptionally jolly just at the news, my friend.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

colachute posted:

You seem exceptionally jolly just at the news, my friend.

Well RE2make was an utter joy and the news they are remaking my second favourite RE means good things, but for them to pan out and it be good regardless of my hope, that is when it actually becomes the proper jolly :)

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I loved RE2 but joy is not the word I'd use to describe those lickers

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

I don't, personally but that's what I imagine the horror genre to be in general.

That said, if more games come out like Clock Tower 3 I will definitely be all over that.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I loved RE2 but joy is not the word I'd use to describe those lickers

Haha, I guess I mean joy at experiencing a better version of one of my top 30 games and being able to play it again afresh as it were. Same thing with Tomb Raider Anniversary. Two awesome remakes of my favourite games

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Wasn't the Police Station pretty much the only location recycled for 3?

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

picked up dragons dogma on the psn sale and its pretty fun so far. is this one of those games where you have to minmax everything or can i just blunder through it without looking at spreadsheets for optimal builds?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ASenileAnimal posted:

picked up dragons dogma on the psn sale and its pretty fun so far. is this one of those games where you have to minmax everything or can i just blunder through it without looking at spreadsheets for optimal builds?
It's a game where you can minmax but absolutely should not give a poo poo about it your first time through cause it's extremely marginal. Just pick the stuff that seems cool

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
RE2make is £15.99 in the Black Friday sale so I guess I’ll finally get it

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

precision posted:

If you got The Show 19 with ps plus and didn't play it, do it. I don't even like baseball but there's something really fun about the career mode, especially if you pick a position like short stop or third base where you'll see a lot of game critical plays. It's a good game to zone out and listen to stuff.

Sports RPG modes are underrated and usually really good.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Sometimes when I was out training for an ultramarathon I would think about how interesting it would be to make an endurance running RPG that gradually became a David Cronenberg-esque body horror game.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I wish REmake2 didn’t freak me the gently caress out within the first 30 minutes causing me to never play it again lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ASenileAnimal posted:

There's no reason to minmax at all except maybe the expansion island I never played

I went the whole game in a very plucky leather vest and feathered cap, don't worry about it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
My favorite Sam falls are when you get yourself just about righted and Sam slams into a wall and all your packages and BB go apeshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Kilometers Davis posted:

I wish REmake2 didn’t freak me the gently caress out within the first 30 minutes causing me to never play it again lmao

What scared you? RE2 really reminded me of RE4 on GameCube, in that I was really on the edge of my seat for the first 2-3 hours but after you get the hang of the gunplay and you find a few sweet upgrades, the suspense and the tension work more to propel me forward rather than scare me away.

If you can get over the initial hump of the the first 2 hours I think you’d get in the rhythm of it, barring one extremely stressful section that I’m sure is where roughly 80% of stalled playthroughs take place.