Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Blimey, I thought they were done.

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1196760031577948160

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

New look perhaps?

https://twitter.com/CompanionsOfWho/status/1196833299341156355?s=20

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
That's just 13's normal look without the overcoat, I think.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

That's just 13's normal look without the overcoat, I think.

Pretty sure her original look was a short sleeve with a long sleeve under it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Since when is the Doctor not allowed to change clothes?

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Very good point. I remember when Capaldi grew his hair out and I was like, "The Doctor doesn't... oh wait, hair grows, perfectly normal."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well he also looked amazing with that glorious mane.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

During the JNT era.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

During the JNT era.

Eh, Four had several costumes and Five had multiple colors of mud in his wardrobe.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Speaking of clothes, the fact that I can’t find 12’s Black Star shirt (with the holes and white underneath) is stupid. I want that shirt so badly

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

"A Time Lord, a clutch of detectives, a delivery of midwives -- and a hunky vicar on a motorbike -- this season on Doctor Who!" :haw:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Astroman posted:

a hunky vicar on a motorbike

Oh sweet, Vicar of Dibley is coming back?

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

LionArcher posted:

Speaking of clothes, the fact that I can’t find 12’s Black Star shirt (with the holes and white underneath) is stupid. I want that shirt so badly

I'm pretty sure Capaldi said somewhere it was his own shirt from his rock 'n' roll days.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Looks like Stephen Fry and...? The Chibnall series has been weirdly obsessed with who its guest stars are.

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1197228117259149312

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Spoiler: I'm the guest star

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1197273824863109120

Not just Stephen Fry but Lenny Henry too!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

A Time Lord and a previous Doctor!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

poo poo I guessed wrong. Sorry folks.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

When will there be a new episode of Doctor Who? It feels like it's been about three years since the last one. :negative:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Well there may be a trailer this Saturday, which may have a release date on it. Probably just ‘Spring 2020’ or even just 2020 though.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I thought the newest rumor was a New Years Day release

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!
I'd heard a special on New Years Day, and then episode 1 the weekend of January 4/5th

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Trailer tomorrow

https://twitter.com/DoctorWho_BBCA/status/1197892494027116545?s=20

Also, River vs The Weeping Angels

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1197894029133983745?s=20

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Nov 22, 2019

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

River could probably paradox the Weeping Angels out of existence by just telling them her timeline

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Do you think the angel who got Martha and the Doctor in Blink still got fed, or did them being able to return to time travelling negate the potential energy?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ok, so no festive special this year but it really does sound like they’re going to start airing over the holiday period (maybe Dec 28th or Jan 4th?).

Spoiler warnings on that link, btw.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Considering that the BBC said "very early 2020", I would think January 4th is the earliest.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

fractalairduct posted:

Do you think the angel who got Martha and the Doctor in Blink still got fed, or did them being able to return to time travelling negate the potential energy?

The angels were going to be able to feed on the TARDIS, so it probably counted.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Here we go!

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1198254880659509248

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
During the "Somethings coming for me" bit am I the only one who can see the yellow regeneration light starting?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Muppetjedi posted:

During the "Somethings coming for me" bit am I the only one who can see the yellow regeneration light starting?

I hope not, Jodie needs more series.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

It's just some yellow lighting. She's hinted already in interviews etc that she'll be back for Series 13.

cargohills fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Nov 23, 2019

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

dope as hell

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

I count three different bowties between the trailer and the promo pic I am extremely excited and also extremely gay

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That’s a thicc cyberman.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

That’s a thicc cyberman.

Cyberwoman: Electric Boogaloo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was pretty good except for the music choice.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
"Help, Cyber-Controller. I keep trying to sneak around but my dummy thicc rear end cheeks keep clapping and alerting the Doctor."

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1198209616158625792

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

Grimy cyberman looks p cool IMO.

Kind of annoyed we're still just being given a vague "early 2020", but at least it's not been pushed further back.