Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Feldegast42 posted:

I'll admit, I didn't see the clip of him on Tucker... what did they actually talk about?

Some of it is dumb "free speech on college campus" stuff, some of it is Russiagate is stupid type of stuff, some of it is "media is bad" type of stuff where he actually calls out fox news while on fox news.

So on the college campus stuff he is pretty dumb. But at the same time, I am pretty sure that the only times cable news in the US mentioned the story about the conspiracy against Lula or about Bolsonaro's ties to death squads were when Greenwald was on (and one time he got to talk about how Bolsonaro was a fascist shortly before Bolsonaro did an interview with Fox).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

BIG FUN

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Remember 1000 years ago when Bernie promised to fill his cabinet with working class people and the loving idiots in DnD thought that literally meant he was pulling people out of a lottery from his donor list

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
the most you could say about the Reality Winner case was that The Intercept, as the larger organization, could/should have taken more steps to ensure her safety and confidentiality (and however much that would have been worth when you're up against the NSA and someone that's printing classified documents using the office printer), and maybe some of that responsibility is on Greenwald as being a senior editor even if he wasn't personally involved in her case (AFAIK), but some people treat it like he perp-walked her from her office to the squad car himself.

Square Peg
Nov 11, 2008

Greenwald used to be a pro-war libertarian scumfuck way back in the day, but he has evolved a lot and is, by all accounts, a good solid dude now.
He's like a proto-Daou.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

In retrospect I think I'm actually kinda disappointed Kamala didn't double down on her "will you stand with me to demand Twitter ban Trump? No? Unbelievable, are you guys hearing this :rolleye:" strategy from last debate

christ this just reminded me of Warren's nakedly transparent "I alone vow to not sell any of my ambassadorships for money, why will Bernie not stand with me???" moment

"I'm the only one talking about X" is my least favorite debate trope I think, because you can literally make X anything and be right. Like no one was wondering about you selling your ambassadorships for donations Liz, I swear this is like the risperdal thing all over again with the weird unforced "she doth protest too much" admission.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

GG's concern trolling about the impeachment stuff also makes more sense when you understand how similar processes were used in Brazil to basically run Dilma Rousseff out of office on bullshit technicalities, and then a totally corrupt 'special council' type investigation was used to lock Lula up on false charges and keep him from running against Bolsanaro.

Obviously there's big differences between how the US system works and how the Brazilian system works, but he's not basing his criticisms of the process here on nothing.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Deified Data posted:

christ this just reminded me of Warren's nakedly transparent "I alone vow to not sell any of my ambassadorships for money, why will Bernie not stand with me???" moment

"I'm the only one talking about X" is my least favorite debate trope I think, because you can literally make X anything and be right. Like no one was wondering about you selling your ambassadorships for donations Liz, I swear this is like the risperdal thing all over again with the weird unforced "she doth protest too much" admission.

while Bernie wants to ban lobbying and Warren wants a tax on it

"I alone have pledged never to auction the vice presidency on eBay, but none of the other candidates have made that specific promise"

Somebody should ask Sen. Warren whether she'd accept as her vice president somebody who stayed neutral on endorsements solely in order to try to bribe whoever won with their lack of endorsement, like she herself did in the 2016 primary but without saying the latter part to make the motives of the question less transparent

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 16:51 on Nov 22, 2019

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1197900384788000768

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Square Peg posted:

Greenwald used to be a pro-war libertarian scumfuck way back in the day, but he has evolved a lot and is, by all accounts, a good solid dude now.
He's like a proto-Daou.

Notably, the only reason we know he was a libertarian scumfuck back in the day was because he admitted to it in a book about his transformation years after. The reason that I say this is because another one of the liberals false memories about Greenwald was that he was some sort of cheerleader for the Iraq war. He wasn't a public figure back then, he just admits in his book that he had given Bush the benefit of the doubt.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
This debate was completely pointless. Nothing happened that will impact anyone.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

the most you could say about the Reality Winner case was that The Intercept, as the larger organization, could/should have taken more steps to ensure her safety and confidentiality (and however much that would have been worth when you're up against the NSA and someone that's printing classified documents using the office printer), and maybe some of that responsibility is on Greenwald as being a senior editor even if he wasn't personally involved in her case (AFAIK), but some people treat it like he perp-walked her from her office to the squad car himself.

Greenwald's title is "co-founding editor." It is merely ceremonial. He doesn't edit or sit in on editorial meetings in any way on the US version. His main involvement has long been with Intercept Brasil, which is operated completely separate.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

glenn greenwald’s main problem is that he props up michael tracey

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/E_of_Justice/status/1197901859207278592?s=19

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGujcxfnY2w

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Im not glad Trump won. But I'm glad Clinton lost.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lol of course she would tweet this

the only reason she wasn't the most narcissistic person running in 2016 is that Trump was also running

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

loquacius posted:

lol of course she would tweet this

the only reason she wasn't the most narcissistic person running in 2016 is that Trump was also running

i dunno all this poo poo about "look how right i am, i am the golden god of politics" strikes me as more narcissistic as the man without a brain yelling IM DA BEST from the rose garden

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
She is completely incapable of centering people other than herself in any conversation about Trump, how can libs not see her blatantly self promoting off the back of human suffering. She never elevates any voices other than her own.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
V mad I gave hill a vote

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Pomp posted:

V mad I gave hill a vote

Huge mistake not just writing in Bernie. She couldn't have even won my state anyway, all I did was help contribute to the "ackshually she won the popular vote" nonsense.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Phi230 posted:

Remember 1000 years ago when Bernie promised to fill his cabinet with working class people and the loving idiots in DnD thought that literally meant he was pulling people out of a lottery from his donor list

Like this wouldn't lead to vastly superior governance.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Frijolero posted:

Anyone who takes time out of their day to call out GG is a smoothbrain Lib. It's one of the easiest and surest litmus tests out there.

there's an awful film critic i love to hate that's still mad at him for not liking Zero Dark Thirty. when he got an oscar for Citizenfour dude was seething.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

TowerofOil posted:

Cleanse your mind of all succ songs.

https://youtu.be/rl3FstCc_OY
From several pages back but just wanted to say Death kicks rear end and everyone should check out the documentary about them, A Band Called Death. Three black brothers from Detroit made amazing early punk but they never caught on for various reasons.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Deified Data posted:

Huge mistake not just writing in Bernie. She couldn't have even won my state anyway, all I did was help contribute to the "ackshually she won the popular vote" nonsense.

She drat near lost my state (and would have if not for Gary Johnson, which is my usual go-to rebuttal when people try to blame Jill Stein's dozens of voters for Trump winning).

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I will always hate that I voted for HRC >:[

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

loooooool

https://mobile.twitter.com/SpittingBack/status/1197638423764324353

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I voted for Hillary but given 2016 I'll argue that it was under duress

Still pissed that us Bernie -> Hillary voters were still blamed for the loss

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Feldegast42 posted:

I voted for Hillary but given 2016 I'll argue that it was under duress

Still pissed that us Bernie -> Hillary voters were still blamed for the loss

It's not even us they're trying to gaslight on the subject, its the rest of the country.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's Nader's fault the supreme Court handed bush the presidency: part 2

Serf
May 5, 2011

libs mad

quote:

Nothing but contempt for Buttigieg, Biden, the entire Republican party, all Republican-identifying people, ancaps, and Yang Gang, for people keeping score at home.

Earning Serf's contempt isn't really a difficult or noteworthy thing at this point.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The fact that multiple Senators that are members of the democratic party have said they won't vote for Bernie if he is the nominee should be enough to make anyone who says "Vote Blue no matter who" shut the hell up but here we are.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Stringent posted:

She looks like a Bene Gesserit.

I am a messenger from President Sanders. Poor wonk. I'm afraid my dad won't be very pleased with you.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

docbeard posted:

She drat near lost my state (and would have if not for Gary Johnson, which is my usual go-to rebuttal when people try to blame Jill Stein's dozens of voters for Trump winning).

I live in the bluest state in the Union and my vote literally didn't matter at all but I still voted for HRC because the other choices on the ballot were worse (Johnson was a mess/waste, Stein has never held a government seat higher than city council of Newton, and Trump is Trump) and all it accomplished was making me feel bad about myself

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Nanomashoes posted:

Mayor Pete is just too articulate for the african-american community.

remember how Buttigieg got a question about voting rights in a debate in Georgia, and didn't name the Voting Rights Act once?

instead he kept on blathering about a "21st century democracy" like a loving idiot.

this guy is what dumb people think is smart.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

loquacius posted:

I live in the bluest state in the Union and my vote literally didn't matter at all but I still voted for HRC because the other choices on the ballot were worse (Johnson was a mess/waste, Stein has never held a government seat higher than city council of Newton, and Trump is Trump) and all it accomplished was making me feel bad about myself

lol I'm registered in NY and voted by absentee ballot. I payed extra for expedient shipping to make sure my ballot arrive before the deadline. One of my most powerful self owns to date.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Thoguh posted:

Im not glad Trump won. But I'm glad Clinton lost.

Extremely same.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Pomp posted:

V mad I gave hill a vote

same

at least it opened my eyes about the true state of nothing mattering and that bernie really is the way and the light and that the lesser of two evils is still loving evil

it’s bernie or burn it all motherfuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Me: Don't really care about Marvel films as high art, but for Scorsese to say it's not cinema is a type of genre gatekeeping that's really unacceptable and flirts with the censorious.

Also Me: "High Hopes" is not music.