Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

this thing fell out of an atari jaguar game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

I'm guessing the 'get more information/ are you interested' link on the Rivian site just exploded.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

It looks like what an Aztec would give birth to if it drank heavily for the entire pregnancy.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Looks like someone's tooling budget for their new design tops out at Harbor Freight.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
When you edit settings.ini to reduce the poly count further so you can get a decent frame rate

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

looks like a fender bender is a write-off, which is very Tesla

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It looks completely ridiculous but so do other trucks. We've just been the lobster in the ever increasing water temp with those.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ahahahahahahahhahahahah.

Jesus Christ that's so much worse than I thought it would be.

e: Almost no positive reactions to this thing at all. Just getting brutalized everywhere.

fknlo fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Nov 22, 2019

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Grille is bad but those wheels are :discourse:

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Ok ok guys, very funny. I should have seen this coming a loooong time ago but ok, I get it, we're in a simulation now ha ha cmon lets wake me up now.

cybertruck are you kidding me

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Holy poo poo, read her whole thread.
https://twitter.com/mmmegan/status/1197749408340873216?s=20

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

powershift, i want to see a version of the angular tesla truck with a level belt line, a normal windshield and a normal roofline.

what can you do for me

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

sudo rm -rf posted:

powershift, i want to see a version of the angular tesla truck with a level belt line, a normal windshield and a normal roofline.

what can you do for me

That thing slammed is just taking it back to the late 60/early 70s concept wedge cars and I'm kinda into that tbh considering those are some of the coolest cars ever.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I'm so mad that there's no way the interior will be that cyberpunk. Needs amber flashing lights EVERYWHERE.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I unironically like boxy angular vehicles. I don't hate the way it looks. I'm sure it will be a complete piece of poo poo, though. And why do the back seats have like half a foot less headroom than the front? lmao

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

FuturePastNow posted:

I unironically like boxy angular vehicles. I don't hate the way it looks. I'm sure it will be a complete piece of poo poo, though. And why do the back seats have like half a foot less headroom than the front? lmao

Thats not a boxy, angular vehicle.

Thats a box with an angle
that also happens to be a vehicle.

morothar
Dec 21, 2005

This is the truck I drew when I was ten. This is the truck I built from Lego after watching too much Robocop, Airwolf and StreetHawk. This the truck our Shadowrun crew would have pulled up in for a run on a Corp.

I must own one. Even if it’s poo poo, I will park one on the lawn in front of my house and reminiscence over my childhood while looking at it.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

FuturePastNow posted:

I can't be mad at it. I appreciate that design-wise it's fuckin' weird in a late seventies cocaine bender kind of weird. It reminds me of the Stratos Zero though obviously less cool.

I normally hate Tesla, I just appreciate that Musk is finally being open about all aspects of his John DeLorean worship. The stainless steel wedge, the cocaine, etc...

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Hey Siri, show me what a Lamborghini truck would look like if they replaced all their designers with 4-year-olds.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Car design has gone off the deep end of angles, creases and features everywhere, this is the exact opposite. Maybe we can meet in the middle and have good looking cars again?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

:chanpop:

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

The Cybertruck is amazing, I’d put a hundo down on it in a second if my city didn’t make large cars insanely impractical. More companies should make reasonably priced insanity that most people hate, it would be a much better world for everyone.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

It's the Tesla Recoil

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

So, where does the presumably solar panel bed tonneau cover go? I don't see the big roll&lock box like its shape implies it needs.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

The Cybertruck's windows were smashed when Musk was showing how hard it was to break them. Musk said "I guess there's room for improvement".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6UpHjJvnn0

In other news Audi released the RSQ8 a 592 HP version of the Audi Q8 SUV.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I wouldn't mind a lowered, straight-roof wagon version of that as long as the interior was a similarly 80s version of 2020 vehicles and not actual 2020 vehicles which is nothing but a steering wheel and an ipad. I'm talking two-hand-grips steering wheel and more switches and buttons than you can shake a stick at. I want a covered toggle switch just for sending power to my usb mp3 drive.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

sudo rm -rf posted:

what can you do for me

Okay, but if you're Elon Musk you have to tell me, that's the law. I don't wanna see this one the website tomorrow with "haha, this is actually the real truck"

the design is so bad, i think it would take way too much to save it.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Powershift posted:

Okay, but if you're Elon Musk you have to tell me, that's the law. I don't wanna see this one the website tomorrow with "haha, this is actually the real truck"

the design is so bad, i think it would take way too much to save it.

hmm, it's close.

i wanna lift it and put another six inches of material between the top of the wheel arches and the beltline, like all the other trucks on the market today.

sudo rm -rf fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Nov 22, 2019

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

like the more the dimensions look like a ford super-duty, the better

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

sudo rm -rf posted:

like the more the dimensions look like a ford super-duty, the better

Okay, here you go

https://bollingermotors.com/bollinger-b2/

also here's this

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

Mr. Apollo posted:

The Cybertruck's windows were smashed when Musk was showing how hard it was to break them. Musk said "I guess there's room for improvement".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6UpHjJvnn0

This is giving me an urge to play Space rear end in a top hat again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcUBI-YVRY8

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
I have decided that I love the Cybertruck. I can not think about it without giggling. In a homogenous sea of amorphous SUV blobs and cow-faced pickups it is sui generis. How many vehicles can have their windows smashed in a failed marketing stunt during their reveal and have that not be the main story?

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to own one, but the fact that it exists makes me so much happier.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

i own every Bionicle posted:

I have decided that I love the Cybertruck. I can not think about it without giggling. In a homogenous sea of amorphous SUV blobs and cow-faced pickups it is sui generis. How many vehicles can have their windows smashed in a failed marketing stunt during their reveal and have that not be the main story?

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to own one, but the fact that it exists makes me so much happier.

On the other hand, if they're not gonna have crumple zones, why not go forward control, and maximize cargo space vs. footprint.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Powershift posted:

On the other hand, if they're not gonna have crumple zones, why not go forward control, and maximize cargo space vs. footprint.

:hmmyes:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Fornax Disaster posted:

This is giving me an urge to play Space rear end in a top hat again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcUBI-YVRY8

A fun-rear end game...

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

edit: oh goddamnit

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

A fun-rear end game...

Never seen a car like that before. Looks like a uh... Like a big cat of some kind.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Powershift posted:

Yeah, see, this is exactly what I expected them to do. Especially after Elon saying the truck would be able to carry another truck in its bed (now clearly referring to payload) but moreover that he said it'd be a scaled down version of the Semi.

This is a render I took from this article but I expected something more like this, given that it actually does look sorta like a scaled down semi and have a big-rear end cargo area. Imagine a 10 foot box with the same footprint as any other pickup on the road, or an eight or six foot box with that much shorter overall length.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Hahah the glass broke. I bet if they used normal-rear end auto glass it wouldn't have broken with that weaksauce lob.