Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

So I didn't know Patty was gay until one of you just mentioned it, so I looked up her wiki page and found

quote:

Patty's only notable relationship with a woman, however, has been with Veronica, who was a professional golfer. However, it was later discovered by Marge and revealed during Patty's wedding that Veronica was in truth a man named Leslie.[23]When Marge reveals this to Patty, Patty thinks Marge is being homophobic, but Leslie reveals that he is indeed a man. The wedding is called off, and the two sisters make up, with Marge saying that being a lesbian “doesn’t make you less of a bein’”. Patty then goes home with Selma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Plan Z posted:

quote:

Marge saying that being a lesbian “doesn’t make you less of a bein’”.

:stonk: I refuse to believe this is real.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Plan Z posted:

So I didn't know Patty was gay until one of you just mentioned it, so I looked up her wiki page and found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPwn0hPgLVI

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

[/quote]

I bet that writer was super proud of that line

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Plan Z posted:

welp

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

That episode was fifteen seasons ago.

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

YeahTubaMike posted:

I think I remember seeing that episode when it was new, and Marge finds out by walking past the bathroom as the bride is shaving their neck, revealing their adam's apple, while singing 'dude looks like a lady'

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
Jumping on this thread as I've just started listening to The Simpsons Show and I'm morbidly curious to watch series 11+ along with it. I thought I'd watched it when it came out but I'm drawing a blank on most episodes beyond Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo, though I remember the one with Furious D, Behind the Laughter and Maude getting killed. I have fond memories of season 10 but that might be because I was 10 when they came out and I probably liked the wacky premises. The very last episode I remember is The Italian Bob, which I thought was pretty bad.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There was a big ad campaign too around that time about which Simpsons character would be revealed as gay, and would have things as “Lenny and Carl are close, but are they too close?”

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

Asimo posted:

That episode was fifteen seasons ago.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

bobjr posted:

“Lenny and Carl are close, but are they too close?”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtQ6mZoFCu0

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Plan Z posted:

there's this, from season 4:

meanwhile, I was double-checking which sister was which, and I suggest not ever doing an image search for "Patty Bouvier" if your image filters are turned off.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
easy, patty has one 'pat' of hair, selma is the other one

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Mozi posted:

easy, patty has one 'pat' of hair, selma is the other one

Selma says "am les"?

No, that's backwards!

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Empty Sandwich posted:

there's this, from season 4:

I swear at one point one of them had different earrings. Like, sort of in the shape of an S or something. Maybe they changed it later on.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Hrist posted:

I swear at one point one of them had different earrings. Like, sort of in the shape of an S or something. Maybe they changed it later on.

That sounds right... I feel like it was an early season thing. I think I remember a commentary where they said they would try and come up with little ways to identify them.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
periodic Simpsons/MST3K punchline Ray J Johnson, Jr is still alive, it turns out:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Saluga

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Because you doesn’t have to call him Johnson

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Because you doesn’t have to call him Johnson

One of my favorite episodes of King of the Hill is when Bobby tries desperately to figure out why people thought this joke was funny

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Jesus Christ I thought they made that guy up to riff on how unfunny old people comedy used to be

I mean I guess he still serves the exact same purpose, but drat

Min_sora
Oct 21, 2008

Hrist posted:

In the ep where Principal Skinner falls in love with Patty, Selma was wearing 'S'-shaped earrings. I suppose they figured it was more important in that ep that people know the difference.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Kind of like how Quimby is always wearing a sash that says MAYOR in the early seasons because how else would the audience know he was the mayor

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Min_sora posted:

In the ep where Principal Skinner falls in love with Patty, Selma was wearing 'S'-shaped earrings. I suppose they figured it was more important in that ep that people know the difference.

This is the episode I think back to when I'm trying to remember which one is gay. Skinner falls in love with Patty, I know this because I have his dreamy "Pat... ty..." stuck in my head. And she is the one who has no interest in him. Therefore she is the lesbian. That is my actual thought process. help

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Yikes I found this page as like a top one on recommended and woof:

https://simpsons.fandom.com/wiki/LGBT_characters

Comic Book Guy apparently has a brother named Comic Book Gay.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Selma's hair kinda looks like an M too and there's an M in Selma

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Riptor posted:

I'm ashamed to admit it but I've been watching the Simpsons for decades and only now I'll finally be able to tell them apart, thank you

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

Data Graham posted:

This is the episode I think back to when I'm trying to remember which one is gay. Skinner falls in love with Patty, I know this because I have his dreamy "Pat... ty..." stuck in my head. And she is the one who has no interest in him. Therefore she is the lesbian. That is my actual thought process. help

Literally same lol. Also I remember Selma because of Lisa's hosed up hallucination of her after drinking the water in Selma's Choice, an episode she is named after

However this:

[quote="Riptor" post="500209216"]
[/quote

Is how I'm going to remember it in future. It's the stupidest reasons that often end up being the ones that stick

pablo gbscobar fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Nov 22, 2019

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

PinheadSlim posted:

I'm ashamed to admit it but I've been watching the Simpsons for decades and only now I'll finally be able to tell them apart, thank you

Also Patty’s silhouette is a backwards P.

Also also, from the early commentaries Skinner is wearing a wig, something they only ever hinted at. Apparently they never did a “wig comes off” joke because they decided it was too hack.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Plan Z posted:

Yikes I found this page as like a top one on recommended and woof:

https://simpsons.fandom.com/wiki/LGBT_characters

Comic Book Guy apparently has a brother named Comic Book Gay.

Noted Simpsons characters Elton John and Lady Gaga

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Patty and Selma are easy to distinguish. Now you show me which is Rod and which is Todd...

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

LanceHunter posted:

Also Patty’s silhouette is a backwards P.

Also also, from the early commentaries Skinner is wearing a wig, something they only ever hinted at. Apparently they never did a “wig comes off” joke because they decided it was too hack.

Lol too hack for later years simpsons?

That actually boggles the mind.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

CodfishCartographer posted:

Patty and Selma are easy to distinguish. Now you show me which is Rod and which is Todd...

Todd is the smaller one

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

PinheadSlim posted:

Patty wears Pink.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Lol too hack for later years simpsons?

That actually boggles the mind.

It was probably exised from the show bible at some point after the Principal and the Pauper.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Todd is the smaller one

Todd doesn't want any drat vegetables

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

CodfishCartographer posted:

Todd is tiny, Rod is rangy. Todd is also their leader.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

His little "Hey, I got that for my birthday" cracks me up every time.

mexican willie
Mar 17, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Rod is a cipher, known only in relation to Todd's antics or Ned's parental foibles. This allows him to cultivate a persona of perfect blandness, while underneath lurks something far darker...more primal...damp, somehow.