Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

Vlex posted:

I'm really sorry to parachute in like this, but I've been in the wilds of Colombia for like two weeks (ask me about the general strike!), in what was literally FARC territory like a year ago - can someone tl;dr the election so far for me, preferably with soothing polls?

https://twitter.com/LeftoriumThe/status/1197973992981831680

This jewish man is going to get dragged over the coals by the newspapers as an anti-semite. Everyone is going to ignore Johnson outright refusing to say sorry for all his racist ranting. Polls will predict +10% for Conservatives and a #libdemfightback bounce of 15%.

EE: Okay a semi-effortpost then. First, read this:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-election-poll-kantar/johnsons-lead-over-labour-balloons-to-18-points-kantar-poll-idUKKBN1XT21T

quote:

Johnson's lead over Labour balloons to 18 points - Kantar poll

Then, read this

https://www.reddit.com/r/LabourUK/comments/dwrn69/kantars_recent_poll_weighting_is_based_on_lowest/

quote:

Kantar's recent poll weighting is based on lowest under-65 election turnout since records began

Then get ready for the youthquake, baby.

E: Squirrel tax again. Insert your own Swinson Knockout related caption.

RockyB fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Nov 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Bardeh posted:

Not on the figures themselves, but you'd need to earn well north of 80k to be able to have the spare income for warhams, you need to remortgage your house just for a starter set with 16 plastic men in it

Historical wargaming is where it's at. Hoping to find some Bolt Action ... action when I move to wherever I end up moving to exactly.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Been out all night campaigning and now putting my feet up with a curry and a beer watching the debate. Gooooooood times.

Edit: canvassing in Harrow night. Wasn't expecting so many questions about Kashmir on the doorstep though. Not my forte tbh.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

feedmegin posted:

Historical wargaming is where it's at. Hoping to find some Bolt Action ... action when I move to wherever I end up moving to exactly.

If you don't have a four-bedroom house so you can knock down a wall and convert two bedrooms into a single giant space for Advanced Squad Leader then you are either casual at wargaming, or your situation is a stain on one of the world's richest countries, which should never see people unable to play ASL properly.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

OwlFancier posted:

https://twitter.com/PaulDock93/status/1197947792876027904

I only know bobby sands turtleneck but I like the look of the fisherman/extra from Zulu cosplayer.
Not gonna post his name in case it’s wrong, but there’s a convincing-looking tweet thread about the bottom-right guy being an extreme ulster nationalist bandsman who of course has been invited on QT several times.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Ah bollocks how did I not know this was on tonight, the Octagon is like 15 minutes' walk away from my flat :mad:

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
https://news.sky.com/story/saturdays-national-newspaper-front-pages-11867631

Turns out while a couple of papers are finally addressing climate change by going Corbyn Neutral, most are simply pretending today never happened.

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Apraxin posted:

Not gonna post his name in case it’s wrong, but there’s a convincing-looking tweet thread about the bottom-right guy being an extreme ulster nationalist bandsman who of course has been invited on QT several times.

Being "invited" on QT is a bit of a weird thing. In my day most of the time they were throwing folk in the door and ringing up party activists just to fill the room.

I reckon some of the bias will be to do with production etc but also a lot of if will be who can be bothered to show up. Young people don't see the relevance largely. Even in my full time political campaign days I would have rather gone to Nandos and talked about Brexit or something.

Long story short I bet that guy is just available a lot.

HJB posted:

https://news.sky.com/story/saturdays-national-newspaper-front-pages-11867631

Turns out while a couple of papers are finally addressing climate change by going Corbyn Neutral, most are simply pretending today never happened.

Lol at the Telegraph imagine putting Kate Hoey on your cover.

Also this set of front pages make it absolutely clear Corbyn wiped the floor tonight. That's the best he'll ever get from the front of the times and he has shut everyone else up.

Zalakwe fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 22, 2019

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

CGI Stardust posted:

posted by CoolCab in discord, beautiful

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Dammit I'm going to have to actually set up a twitter account at this rate. I've been looking for tearful blue shirt girl as I'm sure that's going to be a wildfire video. But this is a good take on the manifesto in 60 seconds video:

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1198003866903752706

E: Found it. On parody Joris' channel, no less.

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson_MP/status/1197995884501504001

RockyB fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 22, 2019

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

lol

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
:perfect:

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

Catching up on QT and I just got onto Swinson and at the first question I’m already dying of embarrassment.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I know Swinson and Johnson hosed it, but man Corbyn looks good. Straight, nuanced answers delivered with passion and self belief.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

That's certainly an interpretation of the evening. Yikes.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Lady Gaza posted:

Catching up on QT and I just got onto Swinson and at the first question I’m already dying of embarrassment.

You're in for a wild ride.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Vlex posted:

I'm really sorry to parachute in like this, but I've been in the wilds of Colombia for like two weeks (ask me about the general strike!), in what was literally FARC territory like a year ago - can someone tl;dr the election so far for me, preferably with soothing polls?

effortpost literally everything about your visit in the latam thread plz

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

I don’t suppose anyone’s got a link to Corbyn’s bit of QT? I missed that and don’t use iPlayer because of reasons.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I watched Jo Swinson and Boris Johnson get murdered on live TV with Ash Sarkar (well, in the same room) so I think I’m now officially King of the Thread. If, you know, we believed in kings.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Is there a link to the debate for dirty forrins?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
When will the lib dems learn and just put Big Ed Davey on the stand?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Oh god Swinson is somehow worse than I'd heard. I almost feel bad for her.

almost

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

anyone got the bbc/qt bias and tory editors info to hand?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

I'm having a bit of a meltdown so sorry if I dont answer

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Trickjaw posted:

That's okay

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

effortpost literally everything about your visit in the latam thread plz

The CSPAM one or the DnD one? I am but a humble scientist.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

feedmegin posted:

Just have to do a depressing amount of Nazi-dodging in historical wargaming scenes.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Vlex posted:

The CSPAM one or the DnD one? I am but a humble scientist.

cspam

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Huh, Boris looks like poo poo. Kind of jaundiced.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Trickjaw posted:

I've noticed your posting has been a bit off for a few days mate, are you getting the help you need? Don't be afraid to use thread to vent/solicit advice

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

I do love you band of bastards.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Pesky Splinter posted:

Hoping Swinson fucks up badly, and Johnson does his usual pantomime, which invariably annoys actual people.

Just want to point out how well this aged.

Holy poo poo that was an awesome two hours. Everything I wanted to happen happened.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Necrothatcher posted:

He's been looking extremely unhealthy in general since the election started

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Necrothatcher posted:

Boris is undoubtedly on at least a couple of bottles of wine a night and coke all morning to mitigate it atm

e: obviously I want the labour majority but I think an even further reduced tory govt might be the funnier option, if not the best

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Nov 23, 2019

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Boris was coked off his head on TV. I mean it could not have been more obvious :/

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Maugrim posted:

I've noticed your posting has been a bit off for a few days mate, are you getting the help you need? Don't be afraid to use thread to vent/solicit advice

I can't lie to you gorgeous goons. You have PMS or contacts, my friend?

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

crispix posted:

Boris was coked off his head on TV. I mean it could not have been more obvious :/

His eyes were bulging out of his head, coke for sure.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Trickjaw posted:

I can't lie to you gorgeous goons. You have PMS or contacts, my friend?

My PMs are open

E: I do love the contrast between Corbyn's incredible healthy living energy and Boris' rapid physical disintegration

I keep remembering that Steve Bell cartoon where he sees everyone off and chuckling

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Nov 23, 2019

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Seeing a lot on social media about how bad Jo; did. Anyone have any clips on hand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/CheetsS18/status/1197972457468178432