Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I like a good bottle episode, but ending the season on one is a bit of a shame. I would’ve flipped them, but I’m guessing they thought the other one would retain more viewers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Dennis rambling and the hair dresser just saying "Are you okay?" loving killed me.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The joke was funny

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The haircut episode may be my favorite of the season, and I've pretty much loved every episode of this season. Every single character was at their best (worst) and it all came together beautifully at the end.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah I like a good bottle episode, but ending the season on one is a bit of a shame. I would’ve flipped them, but I’m guessing they thought the other one would retain more viewers.

I'm not sure it works if the laser tag isn't the finale, at least in the general sense. You get the momentary "Oh poo poo, is this really the last episode of the show?" realization from their mocking forlorn statements at the end of the episode.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah we were still watching the episode at that point, so hadn't seen how it played out. I'll just say I'm glad they decided to air the two next to each other, although I'm sure it's due to Thanksgiving that it happened like that. So I guess I'm cheering genocide? Well, that's not a good look.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
Honestly, the last couple of episodes gave me a few chuckles, but they weren't that special. The whole thing about Charlie and Mac not understanding that the dog was female got old about seven seconds into the bit (when they'd been corrected about 432 times by the vet), and I wanted it to move on. But it didn't. And the whole thing kind-of felt like that, especially the haircut bit. They've been doing some topical scumbag allegories this season, which is OK, but this one... not that it wasn't funny, because I did chuckle a few times, but it was just kind-of boring.

I liked the laser tag one a little more, and it was neat to see that they turned that episode's scumbag allegory into a recursive scumbag allegory. I do wish the ending would have ended with the kid taking over the green base, though, leaving fans to fret over the fate of the show. (Assuming it hasn't already been cleared for more seasons. I don't follow that aspect of it, so that might not be in question at all.)

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah we were still watching the episode at that point, so hadn't seen how it played out. I'll just say I'm glad they decided to air the two next to each other, although I'm sure it's due to Thanksgiving that it happened like that. So I guess I'm cheering genocide? Well, that's not a good look.

You're pro-genocide stance has been exposed. It's been exposed a little bit.

I loved both episodes, but sad it's over for another year. I like how the end of the finale was almost a parody of when Dennis left the bar. But then it's like, "Nah, we ain't loving going anywhere, assholes." A nice little sentiment to the fans.
'
Also Charlie immediately answering "Cantaloupes" was fantastic.

And Frank's sad, "I'm the Cookie Monster?"

Man, I love this show.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
They were doing a Beckett thing with the laser tag right

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Nice to see Z again. It cracked me up that Franks "guy" for both dog abortions and toupees was Z (who still hangs out/lives under the bridge).

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Milo and POTUS posted:

They were doing a Beckett thing with the laser tag right

Yeah, and kinda mocking their whole show.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I really liked the laser tag episode. It was fun and contained. Another show might have shown Mac and Dee doing their thing, and probably also Frank going to the food area. I liked the vibe of Dennis being a general in his HQ giving out orders but not really knowing what's happening in the battle aside from reports from his troops. Plus the metaphor at the end about realizing that it was all for nothing and why even go on anymore, and then immediately saying "gently caress that, let's keep going."

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

tarlibone posted:

Honestly, the last couple of episodes gave me a few chuckles, but they weren't that special. The whole thing about Charlie and Mac not understanding that the dog was female got old about seven seconds into the bit (when they'd been corrected about 432 times by the vet), and I wanted it to move on. But it didn't. And the whole thing kind-of felt like that, especially the haircut bit. They've been doing some topical scumbag allegories this season, which is OK, but this one... not that it wasn't funny, because I did chuckle a few times, but it was just kind-of boring.

Well I mean it kind of makes sense with the episode as a whole. Like they were legitimately confused as to how Poppins was a girl dog for the entire scene. But then it turns out it's not Poppins at all and that they were actually right to be completely confused and struggling with the gender switch of their dog.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Anyone else a little disappointed Big Mo wasn’t the beefcake from Mac Day?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Ballz posted:

Anyone else a little disappointed Big Mo wasn’t the beefcake from Mac Day?

Rex got fat so it could have been him lol

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

tarlibone posted:

I liked the laser tag one a little more, and it was neat to see that they turned that episode's scumbag allegory into a recursive scumbag allegory. I do wish the ending would have ended with the kid taking over the green base, though, leaving fans to fret over the fate of the show. (Assuming it hasn't already been cleared for more seasons. I don't follow that aspect of it, so that might not be in question at all.)

You just don't get it, they don't see gender at the bar.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The season finale being a troll on everyone saying they're ending the show or tired of doing it is pretty great.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

tarlibone posted:

Sounds like somebody's got a gorilla cut.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

PizzaProwler posted:

Nice to see Z again. It cracked me up that Franks "guy" for both dog abortions and toupees was Z (who still hangs out/lives under the bridge).

Oh poo poo! I never realized that set was the actual "under the bridge" that Frank and Charlie always talked about. I guess I just pictured like a bridge over a river or stream and the under the bridge part was like the scene in Dennis the Menace the movie when he runs away, where they are on a path under the bridge between an embankment and the water. Doh.

I should have. We have an arts market that takes place under a bridge weekly that I visit a lot where I live.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I also thought the bridge would be near water. I did figure it would be a major bridge, though. Like a highway or interstate bridge over a river

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

I took it for granted that the series will always be running, so I saw the final episode as nothing less than lampooning capitalism

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/QhHhLJB.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/mtbR0g7.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/uRacdvJ.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/guNkOtU.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/Ub1DXWT.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
longer version of denardo reveal

https://i.imgur.com/3Pv0BG7.gifv

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

does frank ever pull the slide out of the bong. come on frank. you know how to smoke a weed the right way. don't pretend.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Of course Frank is just eating loose fried fish and fries out of a paper bag.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I honestly thought they kept referring to the melon as a cassava, not a casaba, and was really confused the whole episode as cassava looks nothing like that lol.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The pizza box nod is just great on many levels.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/ilEEQvj.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/jWiiLWy.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/mJJGiFS.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/wGCLrn4.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/aOde0Ox.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/sFPP1lI.gifv

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Nov 23, 2019

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Dee looks like 20 years older in that horrible hair.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Hair episode was great. Laser tag episode was dumb.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

After the last episode it would be really funny if the show wasn't renewed for season 15.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

That wouldn't be funny

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It'd be the ultimate title card joke.

'We ain't going anywhere'

'Yeah, we're never leaving you little piece of poo poo'

The Gang Gets Cancelled

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Mac's quiet delivery of 'you exposed our racism' or whatever it was was hilarious.

captainblastum
Dec 1, 2004

Glenn's acting in the last episode was next level, which is pretty fitting for what the episode was.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Blooper Reel got released for Season 14:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgr01hYOrF8

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Hair episode was great. Laser tag episode was dumb.

Imagine being so without joy you can't enjoy a waiting for godot spoof

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

uploader hasn't made it available in my country. anyone got another version they can share? I love these

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Just getting caught up. Jesus christ Dennis. When he goes into the salon to stop them from cutting Dee's hair and he falls completely apart it kills me. He's lost any semblance of being "smooth." As soon as something doesn't go according to his hosed up plans he can't compensate or switch gears for poo poo. It's great.