Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The subplot with the Junk Dealer and Chiral Artist seemed really weak and out of place, but wow is the eventual payoff good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I should really buy this game. Does it offer the chance to save regularly? Barely able to get more than a 30min sesh in these days.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
It's basically save anywhere but you may have to reserve some longer gaming seshes for cutscene-heavy parts (which are usually pretty telegraphed)

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Sneaks McDevious posted:

I should really buy this game. Does it offer the chance to save regularly? Barely able to get more than a 30min sesh in these days.

ya its super easy to do short seshes with, saving takes like half a second and the online components work fine coming out of sleep mode

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can also pause cutscenes without skipping them if something pops up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chapter 6 and beyond has been so tight, after the huge way you could basically reconstruct land at will with roads, exoskeletons, vehicles and zip lines, it's awesome that almost immediately all of that gets taken away and you have the most grueling back to back to back off the grid deliveries where even a 300m corpse run is like hell on earth the game keeps getting better

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I did not know what could make the pizza deliveries possibly worth it in the end but Kojima once again proves himself to be one beautiful bastard

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got to Chapter 7... this loving game

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
the period that i can give likes has increased to 6 seconds :boom:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Just got to chapter 9. Game continues to ratchet up the insanity

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
Done. I am sad now. Might need to do some zipline network optimization to cheer up.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just played for 6 hours straight lol

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I just played for 6 hours straight lol

I remember that cutscene

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sorry but why is Jake Wind being such an absolute jew with his stars.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

goferchan posted:

It's basically save anywhere but you may have to reserve some longer gaming seshes for cutscene-heavy parts (which are usually pretty telegraphed)

HolePisser1982 posted:

ya its super easy to do short seshes with, saving takes like half a second and the online components work fine coming out of sleep mode

In Training posted:

You can also pause cutscenes without skipping them if something pops up

I should never doubted Kojima would consider the gaming dads of this world :unsmith:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

How do the Auto-Pavers work? Filled one out and repaired the road and even before I had finished it I was getting floods of messages and likes from people using it. I'm guessing it always looks empty in your game but once you contribute a bit to it people who finished one in there game get synced with yours? Can't imagine no one contributed to the first autopaver in the game when it's right by a facility

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

How do the Auto-Pavers work? Filled one out and repaired the road and even before I had finished it I was getting floods of messages and likes from people using it. I'm guessing it always looks empty in your game but once you contribute a bit to it people who finished one in there game get synced with yours? Can't imagine no one contributed to the first autopaver in the game when it's right by a facility

idk, when I got to chapter 3 pretty much the entire highway from lake knot to the engineer was already built out, so it’s definitely possible for other people to build sections in your game

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

EmmyOk posted:

I'm not sure how it works either but contributing to a paver definitely earns you likes as if you finished the road. Once a paver is within the chiral network then other players contributions will begin to appear, but I've had to finish most road sections myself. There was a time when I launched the game and like 3 road sections were magically finished, though.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I've rebuilt like 4 sections of road 2 mostly myself and finished 2 more, feels godly and getting insane amounts of likes lol like every few mins 2K more.

e: felt like a god taking down a camp of mules with the bola and kicks and then carrying out two whole trucks of their materials and driving around finishing bridges with what I took getting out and driving each truck forward a little more

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Spent like an hour or more setting up an epic zip line network through the mountains last night

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

I've rebuilt like 4 sections of road 2 mostly myself and finished 2 more, feels godly and getting insane amounts of likes lol like every few mins 2K more.

e: felt like a god taking down a camp of mules with the bola and kicks and then carrying out two whole trucks of their materials and driving around finishing bridges with what I took getting out and driving each truck forward a little more

Are you in chapter 3 because I spent like two hours yesterday doing the same thing lol.

Bad luck that your roads were built up so much already, I had one single stretch of highway like 3/4 of the way between Lake Knot and the distribution center already put together and that’s it, I just need some metal for the last piece and otherwise I built the whole stretch between them myself.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The Punch-Out segment with Higgs in Chapter 9 came out of nowhere. I think this one of my favorite games ever.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Are you in chapter 3 because I spent like two hours yesterday doing the same thing lol.

Bad luck that your roads were built up so much already, I had one single stretch of highway like 3/4 of the way between Lake Knot and the distribution center already put together and that’s it, I just need some metal for the last piece and otherwise I built the whole stretch between them myself.

Ya! I have huge amounts of Highway provided and built a tonne myself, first tiem I've used most of my recycled materials. Rolling in likes now. It owns. Still have the car I stole from the mules too so driving all the way to South Knot lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

How do you tell how much cargo capacity a vehicle has? I keep getting long range truck upgrades but I don’t want to use them if they have less storage space than the regular truck

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

One of extremely few complaints about this game: Why can’t I zoom into my figures more

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Scene from drinking all the porters on the table and the subsequent state of the private room is one of the funniest things i’ve ever seen

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I like Higgs. But he is one sick puppy

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Message for my fellow porters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw2QfXHH2lY

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Kongming posted:

The Punch-Out segment with Higgs in Chapter 9 came out of nowhere. I think this one of my favorite games ever.

I know. It's nuts. I feel like Kojima recognizes that the game wasn't designed with boss fights in mind but is dealing with the expectation that the game should have crazy boss fights. Higgs breaks the fourth wall every other line and is constantly asking the player if this is really what they want. The end of chapter 8 tops it for me but chapter 9 has some great moments.

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 23, 2019

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

net cafe scandal posted:

How do you tell how much cargo capacity a vehicle has? I keep getting long range truck upgrades but I don’t want to use them if they have less storage space than the regular truck

The extra batteries for long range trucks are on the outside so it's not like the long haul reverse trike rike where you sacrifice carrying capacity for battery life. I was worried about that too until I built one.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The armored truck does have limited cargo space, though.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i feel like this prepper who loves gourds is kojima personally trolling me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Just beat the game. ‘Twas godlike

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wanna finish before I have to travel for the Holidays but idk if I'm gonna make it

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

There's a big area of columnar basalt and it made me pine for my father's homeland

gently caress these things by the way. Completely ruined two of my trucks. Your fathers home land has stupid rocks

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Just beat the game. ‘Twas godlike

I think I only have one or two chapters left so I'm gonna finish it tomorrow. Maxed out all my social links. I didn't find every memory chip but I can try that next time.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I think I only have one or two chapters left so I'm gonna finish it tomorrow. Maxed out all my social links. I didn't find every memory chip but I can try that next time.

I believe you can go back and finish stuff after the credits

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The extra batteries for long range trucks are on the outside so it's not like the long haul reverse trike rike where you sacrifice carrying capacity for battery life. I was worried about that too until I built one.

Thank you. I love my new truck. I’ve painted a tasteful muted blue.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ummm. Chapter 4. What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

He’s kicking my rear end. This is so cool