Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

You can buy them on Amazon if you don't care about Disney getting licensing dollars.

You got a link? All I've ever been able to find are third parties making insanely low quality track suit style ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Marriage Night posted:

I always just assumed Bagley designed it.

He designed the updated Spider-man suit. There was so much hate tossed at the SS suit back then Lyle's contribution was kind of forgotten.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Because of course in this loving hellscape of a country.

https://twitter.com/WalterSimonson/status/1197000725638897669?s=19

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

e: nevermind

Alaois fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Nov 20, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

loving of course. Thanks for linking this, donating on payday.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God drat Kitty loving rules. I’m loving Marauders.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Skwirl posted:

There really should be a "Right to Greive" bill that removes all medical debt after the death of the patient. Or, you know, UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

God drat Kate loving rules. I’m loving Marauders.

Fixed. And it's true.

I'm also really digging Mary Jane's adventures in Hollywood, although it's yet another 'please ignore the covers' book.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Covok posted:

There really should be a "Right to Greive" bill that removes all medical debt after the death of the patient. Or, you know, UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE.

Suicides would sky-rocket. I sure as gently caress wouldn't want to saddle my loved ones with that debt.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I really like this too, but can someone explain the context? This is the only Xbook I am reading right now. Something about an Island with a new way to cheat death and portals?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

cant cook creole bream posted:

I really like this too, but can someone explain the context? This is the only Xbook I am reading right now. Something about an Island with a new way to cheat death and portals?
There's a new X-men status quo in Hickman's House of X and Powers of X, you can probably find a summary of those for more details.

Basically, the sentient island of Krakoa is now a home for all mutants. Emma/Xavier negotiated their acceptance as a country at the UN in exchange for drugs that extend and increase the quality of life greatly. Krakoa can also create portals that lead to Krakoa. In addition these countries are supposed to allow all mutants to come to Krakoa. Some countries have not allowed access to these portals or cannot accept the drugs for one reason or another, for instance Wakanda didn't accept the deal because they don't need these drugs. As shown in the first issue the Hellfire Club is going to sell those drugs on the black market to places that can't accept them officially, and also take mutants into Krakoa.

There are five mutants (Goldballs, Proteus, Tempus, Elixir and Hope) that can combine their power to create life, and basically are re-creating all mutant bodies. Xavier is then putting a backup of their mind from Cerebro (which the whole time has actually been doubling as a mutant mind storage system) into these new bodies.

One other thing that might be important in this book is that there are 4 mutant captains who are in charge of all combat. Bishop is one of those captains and in this book, so on sea Kate is in charge, but theoretically in combat Bishop outranks her.

Fritzler fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Nov 20, 2019

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Environmentalist Hulk vs. the capitalist minotaur is a bit on the nose but I'm on board for the smashing of corporations. Love how Bennett draws the minotaur as well.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dawgstar posted:

Fixed. And it's true.

I'm also really digging Mary Jane's adventures in Hollywood, although it's yet another 'please ignore the covers' book.

Same, re: Mary Jane.

Speaking of Leah Williams, I kind of liked her acknowledging Gwenpool's various different incarnations in the latest issue of Gwenpool Strikes Back. Seeing Hastings come back was also nice. I just wonder if it might be a bit late for that, since I imagine a lot of her fans were already put off by the earlier issues.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ya I’m on board this book is fun.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Fritzler posted:

There's a new X-men status quo in Hickman's House of X and Powers of X, you can probably find a summary of those for more details.

Basically, the sentient island of Krakoa is now a home for all mutants. Emma/Xavier negotiated their acceptance as a country at the UN in exchange for drugs that extend and increase the quality of life greatly. Krakoa can also create portals that lead to Krakoa. In addition these countries are supposed to allow all mutants to come to Krakoa. Some countries have not allowed access to these portals or cannot accept the drugs for one reason or another, for instance Wakanda didn't accept the deal because they don't need these drugs. As shown in the first issue the Hellfire Club is going to sell those drugs on the black market to places that can't accept them officially, and also take mutants into Krakoa.

There are five mutants (Goldballs, Proteus, Tempus, Elixir and Hope) that can combine their power to create life, and basically are re-creating all mutant bodies. Xavier is then putting a backup of their mind from Cerebro (which the whole time has actually been doubling as a mutant mind storage system) into these new bodies.

One other thing that might be important in this book is that there are 4 mutant captains who are in charge of all combat. Bishop is one of those captains and in this book, so on sea Kate is in charge, but theoretically in combat Bishop outranks her.

Thanks for this run down. Sounds incredibly shady. Xavier is a creepy weirdo.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yvonmukluk posted:

Speaking of Leah Williams, I kind of liked her acknowledging Gwenpool's various different incarnations in the latest issue of Gwenpool Strikes Back. Seeing Hastings come back was also nice. I just wonder if it might be a bit late for that, since I imagine a lot of her fans were already put off by the earlier issues.
Yeah, GSB is frustrating because I get the sense that Williams understands the character, but she can't quite pull it off so everything is slathered in that off putting forced jokeyness.

The new arc of Captain Marvel is fine, but mostly a withholding judgement until they explain the story more sort of thing.

And I'm not sure Avengers needed to go into an issue long digression about a pair of gay cavemen, but Starbrand T-Rex was metal as hell. I am a little worried about all these story threads Aaron is juggling though. It's not something that can be wrapped up in a hurry so hopefully he's still got plenty of time left to tell them.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rhyno posted:

Suicides would sky-rocket. I sure as gently caress wouldn't want to saddle my loved ones with that debt.

Dunno about skyrocket but it would definitely be a perverse incentive to die or be murdered.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

howe_sam posted:

And I'm not sure Avengers needed to go into an issue long digression about a pair of gay cavemen, but Starbrand T-Rex was metal as hell. I am a little worried about all these story threads Aaron is juggling though. It's not something that can be wrapped up in a hurry so hopefully he's still got plenty of time left to tell them.
He got seven years to tell his Thor story, so unless relations with Marvel turn real sour real fast, I'm sure he'll have the time.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/cafucomic/status/1197227831186640896?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

quote:

On a personal note, I'm endlessly excited to be working in this particular part of the Marvel Universe. I'm born and raised in Norway, and the myths and sagas of the old world were part of my daily life growing up. (I'm literally named after Thor. 'Torunn' means 'to love Thor.')

Has she written anything before? That's not a dig or anything, I'm just curious if anyone's read anything by her.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Yvonmukluk posted:

Seeing Hastings come back was also nice.
Three entire years ago:

Today:

ACKNOWLEDGE ME, HASTINGS

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Marvel should let Jason Aaron make an entire series about the Star Brand T-Rex

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Skwirl posted:

Has she written anything before? That's not a dig or anything, I'm just curious if anyone's read anything by her.

https://groenbekk.com/#books

Looks like she's got some indie cred, if nothing else.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
February Marvel Solicits are out. https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-solicitations-february-2020/

BLACK CAT #9
JED MACKAY (W) • KRIS ANKA (A) •

KRIS. ANKA. :bisonyes:

Also, the Ghost-Spider #7 cover is rad:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Those thighs

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Pose looks kinda odd, but it's a cool image.

And it looks like she's getting the ITSV haircut, but I'm OK with that.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

Metalshark posted:

February Marvel Solicits are out. https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-solicitations-february-2020/

BLACK CAT #9

:bisonyes::bisonyes::bisonyes::bisonyes::bisonyes:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Oh poo poo, is that Patches?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I trust you're satisfying kris' need to draw beefcake and high fashion

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
I did my level best, with the understanding that nothing could ever be enough.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Also at least one montage of Felicia trying on everything from super casual to sporty to haute couture.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Marvel is releasing Ultraman comics starting in 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blockhouse posted:

Marvel is releasing Ultraman comics starting in 2020

New stuff?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Metalshark posted:

BLACK CAT #9

Heck yeah. Black Cat is such a strange book, and hopefully this art will get people to actually read it again. The Batroc issue was one of my favorite things in a while.

It is such a good fun read, but my sales for it have fallen so dramatically since the first issue. I assume being a 10th Spider related book is a lot of the issue, I was shocked when they announced the Mary Jane book after it (also a fun read).

I guess one of my biggest problems is that Marvel has so many books, and books that are also good, but it is still way too many. Even the X-men relaunch, which has been easily the most successful launch of anything I have had in years, is starting to lose people when they figured out instead of an incredible weekly book it was now 6 books that come out every two weeks.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The X books have a really weird schedule where some are double shipping certain months.

I hope we at least get some sort of Ultraman/Marvel Universe crossover. Fin Fang Foom can get wrecked.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Valkyrie was great this week. Features the line 'it's all a little big prog rock.' I wonder if Jane has an extensive Dream Theater discography at home.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Mr. Horse continues to be my favorite character in Valkyrie

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
I watched the amazing documentary Amazon Prime has on Claremont's X-Men, and it really got me hankering for some more looks at behind-the-scenes Marvel. Does anyone have any good book recommendations on any period of Marvel?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

El Tortuga posted:

I watched the amazing documentary Amazon Prime has on Claremont's X-Men, and it really got me hankering for some more looks at behind-the-scenes Marvel. Does anyone have any good book recommendations on any period of Marvel?

The Untold Story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

The Untold Story

This, absolutely this. It made me want some sort of Mad Men esque tv show about Marvel in the 70's.