Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
"How do we farm Christmas 3 efficiently?"
"Okay, first off we need [Limited SSR], [Limited SSR] preferably NP5, [SSR]. And Arash."

Who thought a 410K HP boss was a good idea again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Today's episode is gonna kick my anime-only rear end.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Omobono posted:

What are good servants (accessible/summonable right now) to level/skill up for the upcoming Christmas event?

(Also what's Santa Altera nickname, Santera?)

Arash and Spartacus and Paul Bunyan. Paul was limited but very good. If you can scrounge up some Kaleidoscopes, A & S have np charge skills for self sufficiency, and while Paul doesn’t, you could always try to team her with Shakespeare (assuming you don’t just hit the first Merlin you see like I do.)

Altera the Santa

E: oh you meant event bonus servants. Whoops

Bogart fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 23, 2019

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

"Okay, first off we need [Limited SSR], [Limited SSR] preferably NP5, [SSR]. And Arash."

look forward to the nerfed rerun with limited boxes again

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Bogart posted:

(assuming you don’t just hit the first Merlin you see like I do.)

That's a big assumption here.
Although I usually go for the first Waver I see instead, he has better NP charge for short nodes.

HGH posted:

Bronze: Leonidas, Benkei, Jaguar Man, Lancer Medusa, Altera (Saber)

The best Bronze currency nodes are full of Berserkers.

Anything goes against 'zerkers, so Leonidas and Altera are the best farmers here.

HGH posted:

Silver: Mash, Paracelsus, Caster Gil, Merlin

The best Silver currency nodes are full of Assassins.
UUGGGHHH hate assassins. Caster Goldie is the best dps here, but I don't have him. I should skill up Paracelsus though, he's AoE.

HGH posted:

Gold: Ushiwakamaru, both previous Christmas Wellfares, Enkidu and Ishtar.

The best Gold currency nodes are full of Archers.
Santa Jalter is a good farmer here. Depending on how much HP the second wave has Santa Artoria could clean it up even at neutral class advantage.

I've got the archers for the lotto node but seriously

Pureauthor posted:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Paracelsus owns and everyone should be raising him/his skills eventually

only other servants I'd say are super notable are Enkidu/Janta for having advantage in their specific currency node. the zerker node is gonna be better handled by whatever top-of-the-heap AOE/STs you have since specific class advantage doesn't matter and the boost servants suck. prime material for shoving them in the back two slots you probably aren't using.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I hunger for Chen Gong. Suddenly, everyone is Arash.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Oh so I should actually level my complete Jalter lily

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Better her than Paracelsus who is actively terrible and will not become okay for a long time.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bogart posted:

Better her than Paracelsus who is actively terrible and will not become okay for a long time.

nah

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_UYZ-PKT5hVylyeTP5v3aA/videos
you can find him in a good number of budget 3t farming setups because of that ridiculous battery, which basically makes him 3* Nito. and yeah he gets his rank up in about half a year where he is unquestionably good as an arts support.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The cool downs and mats are just too much for me. This is where we part ways my friend

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's ok because in the meantime you can just use Avicebron who has basically the same battery and self-buffs, it's just his team utility is way more specific than Para. he also has nicer mats and higher damage pre-interlude than Para post-interlude because boy were DW worried about giving an 80% battery servant good damage in 2015 i guess?

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Yea, I just finished up unpgrading my Atalante(though I need alot for dragon fangs to level her 3rd skill :argh:) and going to work on my newly pulled Gilgamesh.

Even with that I'm also I'm no hopeful I'm going to get even under a 4 turn run of that. My team is going be Atalante, Chloe and Gilgamesh, with Atalante hopefully clearing out the first 2 waves and Chloe and Gil taking out final one.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Grouchio posted:

Today's episode is gonna kick my anime-only rear end.

It kicked my rear end and I knew what was coming!

That said, Merlin, why do you tell such blatant lies?!

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Your gacha-bragging struck a nerve and accidentally set off my self-defense instincts. Sorry about that.
I'll join the party since my dick wizard is finally fully leveled and I've also kicked off a ton of inactives, 973,764,783.

I don't have a screenshot because I play on my Kindle, but current lineup is Proto Arthur/Lancelot/Emiya/Lalter/Ozy/Merlin/Jack/Ibaraki/Passionlip.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZWmB_x3x8s

:allears:

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

BIG hadpats energy

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm glad nightingale broke the streak if bikini as santa wear

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I need moon rabbit astolfo.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I'm still waiting for Yule Breaker

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

still waiting for actual christmas nero

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

got 5 slots at 111,489,815

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Cleared out a bunch who hadn't logged in in more than a month and have 11 slots open.

ID: 201, 990, 303

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mason Dixon posted:

Cleared out a bunch who hadn't logged in in more than a month and have 11 slots open.

ID: 201, 990, 303

Sent as Cedar

vvvvvv to you as well

a kitten fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Nov 24, 2019

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

Time to recruit some goons for the friend list, then:

I've got 13 slots open at 246,265,650.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

EDIT: lmao nevermind we're already friends ayyyy what up bud

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
Latest Babylonia anime thoughts: the fact that the MC apparently just stood completely still while 2 separate servants dramatically unleashed their noble phantasms for 5 minutes apiece to give him time to get away was REALLY funny, the animation itself is incredible but the direction so far has been really predisposed to bad visual-novel adaptation traps, even ones not contrary to the original text like flubbing the climax of Ushiwaka's second noble phantasm by having it do literally nothing. It's so weird it wraps around to being super goofy tbh.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I need moon rabbit astolfo.

Being two years behind is suffering! :livintrope:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Sophism posted:

Being two years behind is suffering! :livintrope:

Look on the bright side! At least we get Clairvoyance EX to dodge any bait gachas.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

NP5, 10/10/10, level 92. All the stands between me and being your friend's merlin is a loooot of QP (that would be better spent on other things)

Minchin Dupree
Oct 23, 2008

...I'll smash them.

:buddy:

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Jack Van Burace posted:

Time to recruit some goons for the friend list, then:

I've got 13 slots open at 246,265,650.

nice, sent as Gudao

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

My FGO journey only truly started this year, at new year's, when I pulled Merlin. He was enough to keep me playing the game. And here we are, almost an entire year later

And I'm finally all caught up with the story for the first time.

Bring me Salem.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Terper posted:

My FGO journey only truly started this year, at new year's, when I pulled Merlin. He was enough to keep me playing the game. And here we are, almost an entire year later

And I'm finally all caught up with the story for the first time.

Bring me Salem.

I started on April 1st and Im still stuck in Camelot because Im bad at the game and every time I lose a fight I walk away for weeks.

Also its going to be hard to save my quartz and not spend it all today trying for MHX. Used all the tickets anyway and got lancer Medusa instead.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Try to finish Part 1 now that Part 2 is coming soon.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

drat, that's a hell of a thing (and one of the better servants to get NP2 for).

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

I started on April 1st and Im still stuck in Camelot because Im bad at the game and every time I lose a fight I walk away for weeks.

Try to finish Babylonia so you can do the Xmas event.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

And if you don't do the Xmas event you can't get Santera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EiQA7u7h5g

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I'm chipping away at Shimosa VERY SLOWLY because I keep having to use command-seal revives on every single Karmic Duel (and 'cause I refuse to use non knight-classes)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Furnaceface posted:

Also its going to be hard to save my quartz and not spend it all today trying for MHX. Used all the tickets anyway and got lancer Medusa instead.

Euryale, Robin Hood and David can carry you through Camelot.