Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

ungulateman posted:

I'm not sure how you play 8 Teferis in standard but this is everything i feared would come to pass

If M21 ends up like M20 you'll be able to play with 16-20 of them in your Standard deck and another 4 + Oath in Historic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's not unbeatable at all lmao

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Saucer Crab posted:

If M21 ends up like M20 you'll be able to play with 16-20 of them in your Standard deck and another 4 + Oath in Historic!

I want a reprint of Teferi’s Moath.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Saucer Crab posted:

I have my fingers crossed that we get a 3 mana teferi which is similar but less obnoxious than current 3 mana teferi and then they just ban time raveler in all formats for being poorly designed

e: like, even just flipping the passive and +1's effects massively improves the experience of playing against him, because you can use interaction in response to the +1

ungulateman fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Nov 23, 2019

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

fadam posted:

It kind of makes sense that the Magic story is so bad and stupid (I mean, more than you would expect the entirely extraneous fantasy story for a card game to be) when you consider that one of the VIPs at the company is a grown man who still buys and reads comic books. WotS, and I guess the story for everything in Magic for the past 5 years, feels very influenced by the MCU.
WOTC has been heavily influenced by comics from pretty much the start. People into collectibles in the 90s is a pretty big overlap with the comic fandom and all that edgy poo poo. When I had dinner with Maro 90% of the conversation was comics, and lots of people in the company or periphery of the company around then were either comic nerds or wrasslin' nerds. This is obviously a long rear end time ago, but the MCU is more mainstream every year following so I can't imagine the influence has died down.

I mean it's no coincidence their first big storyline and second big storyline are largely the same dumb poo poo, except the "imprison bolas" poo poo is some loving superboy prime style schlock. Or probably some other DC turd I can't remember.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
remember when the gatewatch came together and defeated two eldrazi titans by setting them on fire?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Hellsau posted:

remember when the gatewatch came together and defeated two eldrazi titans by setting them on fire?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Ugh. What kind of monster posts white border?

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spiderdrake posted:

When I had dinner with Maro

Burying the lede are we?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Toshimo posted:

Ugh. What kind of monster posts white border?

the masques one has the wrong flavor text :(

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
lol korvold is 22 bucks.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

A big flaming stink posted:

lol korvold is 22 bucks.

I was told tonight at FNM the only way to get a nonfoil is in those dumb collectors packs and apparently all the Brawl deck ones are Pringles out of the box.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Dehtraen posted:

I was told tonight at FNM the only way to get a nonfoil is in those dumb collectors packs and apparently all the Brawl deck ones are Pringles out of the box.

That's when you're allowed to use proxies at the TO's discretion right

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Yeah I would never trust those foil Korvolds in a tournament, or any foil really. Too likely for them to gently caress up.

Devor posted:

That's when you're allowed to use proxies at the TO's discretion right

At the TO's discretion, BUT, Nexus of Fate was a special case because the only Nexuses that existed were foils. There technically are non-foil Korvolds, even if the only way to get them is hitting the 1 in 200 shot in a $20-30 pack.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Spiderdrake posted:

Did you... k-kiss????

qwewq
Aug 16, 2017

Spiderdrake posted:

What did he eat? Ham sandwich, gruel?

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

qwewq posted:

What did he eat? Ham sandwich, gruel?

That's not very cash money of you to say that...

JFC just post about dinner with Maro Spider

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

PleasantDirge posted:

That's not very cash money of you to say that...

maro has said on his blog that he has a ham and cheese on rye bread every single day for lunch, and that his favourite drink is ice water

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
not to poo poo in anyone's cereal but after watching MaRo's "20 lessons in 20 years" video i couldn't imagine being able to spend any amount of time with him socially. His voice grates like two cats loving in a grand piano

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

not to poo poo in anyone's cereal but after watching MaRo's "20 lessons in 20 years" video i couldn't imagine being able to spend any amount of time with him socially. His voice grates like two cats loving in a grand piano

no wonder he fit in so well at roseanne

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

don’t sign your posts

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Stupid question here:

I've accumulated a decent number of higher value cards that I'm never going to play via prize packs. Stuff like promo foil hydroid krasis. I am an idiot for thinking about setting up a TCGPlayer shop to sell these kind of high dollar cards instead of getting 50% value in store credit for them? I'm specifically not talking about doing mtgfinance, just selling all the stuff I have that isn't modern/pioneer playable and over $5. It think the count is like 15 cards and maybe $150 "value". I've already unloaded everything I could to local players, but the drop in selling to an LGS seems so high.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

rkajdi posted:

Stupid question here:

I've accumulated a decent number of higher value cards that I'm never going to play via prize packs. Stuff like promo foil hydroid krasis. I am an idiot for thinking about setting up a TCGPlayer shop to sell these kind of high dollar cards instead of getting 50% value in store credit for them? I'm specifically not talking about doing mtgfinance, just selling all the stuff I have that isn't modern/pioneer playable and over $5. It think the count is like 15 cards and maybe $150 "value". I've already unloaded everything I could to local players, but the drop in selling to an LGS seems so high.

Selling stuff you have isn't mtgfinance. Selling things on tcgplayer or facebook is definitely better than 50% store credit.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

rkajdi posted:

Stupid question here:

Worth checking out card kingdom's buylist. They give pretty good cash value and you'd only have to pay shipping and make one trip to the PO.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

freeman posted:

Worth checking out card kingdom's buylist. They give pretty good cash value and you'd only have to pay shipping and make one trip to the PO.

Looked into that. Pricing is awful (~60%) unless you do store credit, and then you're stuck buying there instead of on TCGplayer where you get idiots bidding each other downward. I think TCGPlayer is only asking something like 15% including CC fees, and I should just be able to charge shipping to break even on my packing stuff. It was worth looking at though. I might try this if I ever move down to selling lower priced cards, because getting rid of a bunch of $2-4 stuff that I'll never use seems like it could be getting something for nothing. It also has been feeling like every week I'm opening something that has value that I don't want, so something I can just set up to put up a card or two once a week is kind of exactly what I need.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

rkajdi posted:

Stupid question here:

Find your state's MTG facebook sales group. You should be able to sell for just -10% TCG Low to TCG low itself.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

I'm a big podhead, and a behind the scenes look at MTG stuff is right up my alley, but his voice drives me too nuts to listen to it. If someone could synthesize his voice, Ira Glass' vocal fry and Mira Sorvino's accent from Romy and Michelle's High-School Reunion they could shoot it out of speakers to blow up people's brains Scanners style.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/scarlettcvlts/status/1197986116063944705?s=21

https://twitter.com/myanrueller28/status/1198096717092204544?s=21

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

I will go ahead and say they won't address this.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Lol

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Sickening posted:

I will go ahead and say they won't address this.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

We here at Wizards are committed to doing right by our LGBTQ+ audiences, and we promise you that in the future w- Oh poo poo. Russia's coming. Quick, stand while while we find a blanket to throw over you.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mike Long busted for cheating.....at fishing:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3904616

probably not the same mike long

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Its not. The mtg mike long has moved on to grifting people with money making schemes these days.

http://www.omgmachines.com/reports-omg/

Sickening fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Nov 23, 2019

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Hellsau posted:

got caught with a prize bass in his lap, eh

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Paradoxically, part of me is heartened that, even as an anti-LGBTQ iron curtain descends around Russia and China (which wasn't news), it is going out to such a diverse grouping of other world regions. India, Algeria, Italy, Chile, all places that you don't necessarily think of as being at the bleeding edge of wokeness but where this is nevertheless apparently unremarkable.

I know LGBT issues are urgent and I hope the pressure will be kept up on Wizards et al. to realize that they can't serve both God and Mammon as it were, but at the same time, this and things like the Sprite ad represent so much progress over the past 20-25 years of my lifetime. If you had told me, coming of age in the late 90s/early 00s, that this is where we'd be as far as the cultural zeitgeist in the first world and that much of the rest of the world would be getting there as well, I'd have been really happy about that.

That's why I'm not so quick to slag off corporate wokeness, because even if it's a completely cynical move on the corporation's part, the very fact that the cold corporate calculus ends up on "yup, be woke" is so heartening for what it says about the cultural barometer. The fact that "be woke, go broke" is incorrect in 2019 is something to be grateful for.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Sickening posted:

Its not. The mtg mike long has moved on to grifting people with money making schemes these days.

http://www.omgmachines.com/reports-omg/

I'm normally keen on cons and scams for sake of curiosity and stopping idiot acquaintances from jumping into them. That said I'm honestly even remotely aware of what the gently caress that site is trying to sell and I'm not interested in watching their vids.

moravec
Apr 24, 2007

The fourth law of robots is screw you, I'm outta here.

PJOmega posted:

I'm normally keen on cons and scams for sake of curiosity and stopping idiot acquaintances from jumping into them. That said I'm honestly even remotely aware of what the gently caress that site is trying to sell and I'm not interested in watching their vids.

Long also grifted in the pick-up artist scene for a while. He really is a scumbag of the first order.

https://www.pualingo.com/magnum-opus-the-mind-of-mystery/

quote:

The Mind of Mystery (Magnum Opus) product was developed in LA by Mystery, Matador and Lovedrop. They partnered up with internet marketer Mike Long and marketed this as a premium, high priced video product.

Unfortunately, due to

1) heavy pirating

2) business disputes once again between Mystery and Mike Long,

The product is no longer sold. You may be able to find it in entirely from other online sites.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

moravec posted:

Long also grifted in the pick-up artist scene for a while. He really is a scumbag of the first order.

https://www.pualingo.com/magnum-opus-the-mind-of-mystery/

God Pooa (sic) bullshit is shut a fascinating hole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

i never thought an article about bass fishing could be so riveting lol