Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Actual result a) 14 Pirates are attacking a freighter full of space bear asses, go protect the freighter (and maybe steal the asses yourself)

Actual result b) 11 Pirates are attacking a freighter full of space weed, go protect the freighter (and maybe steal the weed yourself)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
someone just needs to post the pirates gif from the game right now that fly in circles and don't attack anything

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’s hilarious reading the ResetEra thread which is just so positive about this whole poo poo show. It’s like peering into some alternate dimension.

Its like 10 people, our thread is significantly more active

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Why do you need to go through half an hour of exposition on why this way of doing mission is bad? Just explain what it is you want to do and why that is good.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m the bag man cosplay

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The whole point of this talk is to make this extremely basic bullshit seem to be more complicated and resource intensive in order to delay any sort of implementation for as long as possible.

Popete posted:

Why do you need to go through half an hour of exposition on why this way of doing mission is bad? Just explain what it is you want to do and why that is good.

see above

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Amazing how lovely Tony zzzzz delivery is. Just mind boggling how poorly a professional can present. Reading notes, roboticaly talking, death by powerpoint. Jesus christ it is as if they have fully given up and dont give a poo poo.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

The whole point of this talk is to make this extremely basic bullshit seem to be more complicated and resource intensive in order to delay any sort of implementation for as long as possible.

see above

Star Citizens whole MO really.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

MedicineHut posted:

Amazing how lovely Tony zzzzz delivery is. Just mind boggling how poorly a professional can present. Reading notes, roboticaly talking, death by powerpoint. Jesus christ it is as if they have fully given up and dont give a poo poo.

Average Uni lecturer.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

And doors.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
also: use starpower! send some actor on stage to say "i love you"

yeah...there was bagman and that was great.
but where are the Keanus, the Norman Reedus

where is mark hamill?!? is he playing squadron54 again in his room?

BumbleOne fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Nov 23, 2019

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's like explaining how a circular wheel works but first explaining for 30 minutes why a square doesn't work great as a wheel.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Colostomy Bag posted:

That's my boy right there! :toot:

^^ This.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Is this map showing everyone playing the game currently? Or just in this one instance of the server? Seems like more than 50 people, but maybe not.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Popete posted:

It's like explaining how a circular wheel works but first explaining for 30 minutes why a square doesn't work great as a wheel.

while secretly using a triangular wheel

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Popete posted:

Is this map showing everyone playing the game currently? Or just in this one instance of the server? Seems like more than 50 people, but maybe not.

A recording of every server at once.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Popete posted:

It's a recording from earlier.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

So from the stream: Lets look at <playername>

*Hovers over list uncertainly*

Suddenly <playername> pops up in the list.

Yeah, that's not suspicious.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

I’m the bag man cosplay

Deep down, we’re all Colostomy Man.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Such a load of bullshit

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if they'll ever address the elephant in the room that they still can't have more than 50 people on a server at one time.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Popete posted:

I think he said that these were players across "hundreds of servers". So I think it's supposed to be a summary of every 50 person server. Supposedly... I'm skeptical.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Well gee, that sure makes it seem like Cro-bizzle was completely full of poo poo when he said "we have a complex economic simulation running on its own server" seven loving years ago, doesn't it?

What a revelation.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Viscous Soda posted:

I think he said that these were players across "hundreds of servers". So I think it's supposed to be a summary of every 50 person server. Supposedly... I'm skeptical.

That would make more sense, still a laughably small amount of players.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
reminder that all of this being shown isn't in game

hell remember when subsumption was the buzzword two years ago

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Get ready for reddit to talk about "Quanta" for months

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Man, if they shut you out then that’s a story in itself.

MedicineHut posted:

Tony’s job is to lay down the plausible deniability. The specificity of his presentations and plans will be pointed back to after this falls short and sputters out.

“No it was no scam — they had huge ambitions and detailed plans! Just watch Tony’s Townhall speech circa 2014 to see how bold it really was!”

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

For some reason the chat seems to believe Tony zzzz stuff is real

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.
Tony Z shows players at each planet, neglects to explain those are totals across all servers. Unless they have a secret server running with more than 250 players.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ok I'm out, this isn't even fun in a train wreck kinda way. I'll probably try and catch Chris keynote soon.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

They're showing a basic-level economic strategy game, in animations and org charts.

Let's watch the aluminum.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

They do know that EVE: Online exists...right? Or The Settlers....

BRB pooping
Apr 17, 2008
Isnt this exactly the backgroundsim of Elite?

echothreealpha
Nov 22, 2019
This looks good, but what is this for?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

What are these bullet points?

They've had a year since last time, and this is what they have?

Did someone put some scrap text of a concept meeting by accident?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Great. They've added A Rockstar Ate My Hamster in their spacemans flying game.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

echothreealpha posted:

This looks good, but what is this for?

To increase the economic complexity!

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

I don't know about the rest of you, but I totally believe that they'll pull off this complex economic web that requires hundreds of agents in a game where NPC's cant walk down halls.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

BRB pooping posted:

Isnt this exactly the backgroundsim of Elite?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI4Sn-ESz3M&t=354s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Viscous Soda posted:

I don't know about the rest of you, but I totally believe that they'll pull off this complex economic web that requires hundreds of agents in a game where NPC's cant walk down halls.

That's the scam. What he's explaining is super basic poo poo. The sort of things you would find in 90s space trucking simulators because it only takes a fraction of a floppy to have the code for that sort of simulation.