Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Popete posted:

Again for the thousandth time, why does this convention exist?

it exists so that we can watch it.
and we watch it because it exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
This is such a lie

You can't climb in star citizen

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Zaphod42 posted:

the camera clipping through the wormhole was the best part I think

I hope someone clipped this cause it sure ain't making the Youtube cut

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Popete posted:

Did they show any footage of SQ42?

No! They didn't!

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
That chair looks awfully familiar to the one in Event Horizon. That's a movie. That came out in 1997.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Ok thanks everyone! Hope you enjoyed this absolute snooze fest of a convention where we showed how little we've done in the past year.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

I hope someone clipped this cause it sure ain't making the Youtube cut

I was too busy shitposting and missed it :(

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

No! They didn't!

Ahaha, was the demo just PU stuff? SQ42 supposed to release next year and they still haven't shown any of it.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Some dude on twitch:

quote:

Is there a day 2?

Best comment, so many ways to read it.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Popete posted:

Ahaha, was the demo just PU stuff? SQ42 supposed to release next year and they still haven't shown any of it.

You're getting confused with SQ54.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

Some dude on twitch:

Best comment, so many ways to read it.

I couldn't imagine how incredibly boring a second day of this poo poo would get.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Popete posted:

hahahaha yes

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Popete posted:

You silly goof. Squadron 42 is never coming out

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Can you imagine flying to England for that?

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
Sandi really earned her money as VP of Marketing.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I haven't really followed past conventions, but was this year significantly worse than the others? This felt really half assed and poorly attended.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
Nothing adventurous in the demo, so no bingo...

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Viscous Soda posted:

It's amazing to watch people going nuts in Twitch chat over that snorefest. How could you be hyped by that?

Like seriously:

quote:

Delta9and3: 9.8/10, fully met expectations but Carrack delay earlier would've been nice

HOW?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Popete posted:

Next year they'll announce they're pushing back the early access of the beta of the preview of the prologue of SQ42

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

I can’t believe they had the loving balls not to even mention SQ42 in the keynote.

:lol:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Beexoffel posted:

Nothing adventurous in the demo, so no bingo...

You missed both a couple Ben mentions in the lore presentation and the stream having audio problems at the start. Still no bingo.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

So close this year.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Popete posted:

Did they show any footage of SQ42?

Nope, despite making a definitive promise of beta next year, there was nothing.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Clipping camera revealing the wormhole fakery was fun, yes.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Popete posted:

I haven't really followed past conventions, but was this year significantly worse than the others? This felt really half assed and poorly attended.

Yes it was worse than usual. Normally they promise the moon and the stars and sell outrageous dreams. This one was "safe"

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

colonelwest posted:

I can’t believe they had the loving balls not to even mention SQ42 in the keynote.

:lol:

This is like so unreal to me. Delay after delay and finally they say 2020 is the year, it's coming. No footage what so ever, how can anyone take them seriously?

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Star Colonoscopy: Take the Chipotle Sauce express to Pyro

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

this was, hands down, the worst citizencon

I mean I expected at least a new expensive rear end ship, but they trotted out the loving carrack they started selling in 2013 for fucks sake

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
I feel CIG is now just trolling and letting teenie developers playing around to test and try and error stuff.
Because the funding won’t stop anyway.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
That whole thing was terrible. How could anybody defend it?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Viscous Soda posted:

I was too busy shitposting and missed it :(

Someone posted it on reddit but it's that loving embedded reddit video

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Mokinokaro posted:

You missed both a couple Ben mentions in the lore presentation and the stream having audio problems at the start. Still no bingo.

Thanks, I'll scratch them off for completeness.
I didn't watch the non-Chris presentations, except where we had to wait because he was late.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
If I was feeling a bit :tinfoil: I would say that it seems like someone told them to dial down the bullshit for this year. Someone with money on this, their actual money, not the backer's

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
What a dud, I wanted insane mind bending promises from Chris that would fuel the backers fever dreams. Instead it's just another boring star system that will somehow make their 50 player MMO fun.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Meanwhile, you could clearly see influences from TennoCon 2017 or something when they revealed their space combat plans.

Other than the wormhole, a segment two minutes too long for its own good, nothing in this demo looked original in the slightest.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Beet Wagon posted:

The ring is missing.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
We'll always have asphyxiating plastic bag dude to reminisce.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

TheAgent posted:

this was, hands down, the worst citizencon

I mean I expected at least a new expensive rear end ship, but they trotted out the loving carrack they started selling in 2013 for fucks sake

They just don’t give a poo poo anymore, the whole thing was just like “whelp we ain’t got nothing but another empty planet, so give us more money you fucks so we can keep going for another year!”

They are really dialing it back and just getting everyone acclimated to their glacial drip feed of lovely content. There weren’t even any promises of it getting better in the future.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Bootcha, I am refreshing youtube channel. I demand satisfactionnnnnnn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Beet Wagon posted:

If you look close, they doubled up the Avatar just before jump and she kept moving the camera to hide the black out of the jump animation due to lovely contrast controls.