Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

UK residents only

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The good: the trailer makes next season look more interesting than the whole of last season

The bad: still no broadcast date!

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
oh gosh, Jodie in a suit

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

New season looks like it's going to be fun.

Box of Bunnies posted:

oh gosh, Jodie in a suit

also a bowtie. :allears:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
gently caress Cybermen. gently caress Judoon. Was that a loving Racnoss!?!?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Crusader posted:

dope as hell

Holy poo poo is there anything she doesn't look good in?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Crusader posted:

dope as hell
I love her Doctor so, so much.

Please let this season be like Twelve's second season and flesh out her character.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Crusader posted:

dope as hell

Can we have matching costumes for the the whole TARDIS team now? Want to see them rock this for several eps at least. :allears:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/MaxCCurtis/status/1198186810511372291?s=20

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

It's a crying shame BF hasn't used that Disco Who version for something yet. Like maybe some Third Doctor era UNIT adventures. They were in the 70s...or 80s.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Is there anything Doctor Who related I can see or do here in London, preferably something near other things a tourist should see?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Argue posted:

Is there anything Doctor Who related I can see or do here in London, preferably something near other things a tourist should see?

Go to Fopp/HMV and buy every story on DVD for peanuts.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

I'm cursed to share the full version of this as far as possible every time I get reminded of its existence, so here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1SZs4xudf8

I love this dumb bullshit so much.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I mean, obviously Delia Derbyshire deserves the credit for the actual Doctor Who theme and I wouldn't have had it any other way, it's a haunting, incredible tune, and is also incredibly forward-looking (in fact, the 1963 version sounds *more* modern than the 70/80s arrangements IMO).

...but I kinda like Ron Grainer's re-arrangement. It's dumb fun.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Argue posted:

You can go to Earls Court tube station, and right outside is London’s only police box!

Also here’s [url= https://www.doctorwholocations.net/] a decent site of filming locations[/url] (although it only seems to go up to season 8).

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/pipmadeley/status/1198567486892974080?s=20

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I've said it before, and I'll say it again

Listening to all the Who opening themes in order, and when they hit the first Revival opening, it sounds like it's saying "I'm back, did you miss me?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNszKKAtEwU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Vinylshadow posted:

"I'm back, did you miss me?"

So goddamn much :gonk:

But about the show in general.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Vinylshadow posted:

Listening to all the Who opening themes in order, and when they hit the first Revival opening, it sounds like it's saying "I'm back, did you miss me?"

Favorite official Who intro theme. Go.

Mine's Tennant's last one.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Bill Bailey's Belgian jazz version.

Oh, you said "official".

No, not changing my answer.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

11th Doctor's intro and animation starting from The Snowmen.

with 4th Doctor's from Leisure Hive in close second.

I also really really like 13's intro theme.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Add a spinning zipping TARDIS darting throughout it and 13's intro would be perfect.

The Eccleston/Tennant first Intro are the most fun, they really make it feel like you're about to go off on this big adventure.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I have a soft spot for the Howell theme given I started watching the show in reruns of Colin's tenure. Love those 80s synths.

Really liked the bombastic, military theme Big Fin did for their War Doctor series, too.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Keff's samba remix!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

docbeard posted:

Bill Bailey's Belgian jazz version.

Oh, you said "official".

No, not changing my answer.

That is for the completely different show Doctor Qui

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Vinylshadow posted:

I remember Warren Ellis talking about this somewhere once, how the revival theme was basically "Hey, shut up and pay attention, I'm back". And he contrasted it with the Torchwood theme which was just an empty nothing someone had made in Flash.

Edit: sorry, doublepost, oops

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jla5ecXBXQ

Favourite official one is probably the new one for the revival, and the OG one for the classic series.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
My favourite revival intro was the special Clara Who one, because it was such a brilliant troll.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

TinTower posted:

My favourite revival intro was the special Clara Who one, because it was such a brilliant troll.

Yeah that was great.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I wanted to pick my favorite intro theme from the revival, but I actually can't, because I love them all so much in slightly different ways. I love how gleeful RTD's versions were, the bombast of Smith's, the weird howling in Capaldi's, the really bass-y retro styling of Whittaker's.

But weirdly it's the super 80s ones that stick with me the most from the classic series. I just adore that 80s synth style.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I do my level best to never read the YouTube comments...

...but the suggested videos included stuff like "DOCTOR WHO IS RUINED FOREVER[/I]" and "WHAT THE NEW DOCTOR WHO GETS WRONG[/I]" when I'm watching a video that celebrates Doctor Who.

I just tell myself - every new Doctor is the worst one and the show is the worst it's ever been until the next bloke/sheila comes along.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
My favourite classic theme is McCoy’s, as that’s indelibly linked to being my intro to Who generally. Of the revival themes, I especially love the one that came in with Donna. There’s some extra drums thrown in that make it go a little harder. Gold pulls the same truck for the Coleman episodes of the Smith run.

Side note, this mix of all the themes up to the 50th mixed into one long one is really good. The way the Davison theme kicks in slaps especially hard.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I'm torn, but gently caress it. I like em all...

Four's theme starting with Robot.
Ten's theme starting with The Christmas Invasion.
Twelve's theme starting with Deep Breath.
Thirteen's theme starting with The Ghost Monument.

Although, Eight's theme from the early Big Finish years simply SLAPS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVbUSkZdNkw

It's not over-the-top and has that eerie alien feel. And that middle 8...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

My favourite classic theme is McCoy’s,

It's so good and SO 80's. I love it. For me though it's probably the one Four and Five shared. If my parents are to be believed, Logopolis is likely the first serial I ever saw.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'm pretty sure my actual answer for favorite intro is the same as the answer to who my favorite Doctor is: whichever I've heard most recently.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lovely themes, all of them :britain:

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Because I watch other Doctor Who videos on YouTube this moron's videos keep being suggested.

It's too bad the season is already doomed. The trailer looked good. :ohdear:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Nu-Who has been a soap opera since 2005, ffs

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Hard to beat Capaldi's rock intro and it's a criminal shame they didn't keep it for the rest of his run

Tennant and Smith's second intros were great as well

Classics are...well, classics - timeless and quite enjoyable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

York_M_Chan posted:

Because I watch other Doctor Who videos on YouTube this moron's videos keep being suggested.

It's too bad the season is already doomed. The trailer looked good. :ohdear:

Here you go:

https://twitter.com/claytonhickman/status/1198391294579683328?s=20