Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
This commentator is insanely horny.

Feels like Wilder has not won a round yet and is kind of barely doing anything.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Nov 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

i have it 4-0 ortiz with one even so far

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

thehappyprince posted:

i have it 4-0 ortiz with one even so far

Me too.

This is some monkeys paw poo poo. I'm enjoying it

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
For fucks sake

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
If you guys could post updates so I know what’s going on, I can’t watch where I am and Twitter is garbage for getting live updates in order

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

willie_dee posted:

If you guys could post updates so I know what’s going on, I can’t watch where I am and Twitter is garbage for getting live updates in order

We're in 6 right now and for pretty much the entire fight Ortiz has methodically outboxed Wilder, nad Wilder has hardly thrown any punches.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

willie_dee posted:

I can confirm for you that these men....are sweating.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Thanks

Very disappointing to hear

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Ortiz is really working the body.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Where the gently caress did that come from?!?

Holy poo poo

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

oh, right, it's Deontay Wilder.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

lol, just like, ok, fight over

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Jesus christ. That was cool but I was really hoping that Wilder would sit there and lose his belt while not throwing punches back.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

drat dude

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Willie: Wilder put Ortiz down for the count with basically the first punch he landed in the fight.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Wilder's punch is un loving real

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Wilder tries to prevent his opponents from getting CTE by barely ever throwing punches then just hits em with the big one. Nice guy.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

where’s the replay come on

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Must suck to be fighting almost perfect and then just have it not matter.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

gently caress, that spray

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Wiltsghost posted:

gently caress, that spray

Drove the Vaseline from his eyebrow to his hair.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just crazy the power he has and how he just landed that after barely anything prior.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Something I've always loved about Wilder is his ability to calmly lose rounds and not give a poo poo because he's setting up for a big right. He did it against Szpilka, Washington, Fury and he did it here. He does not fight for a decision at all.

I don't really think Ortiz was really outboxing Wilder that much, he won a lot of rounds on my card but they weren't big rounds and they weren't active rounds. Ortiz was doing a great job with his gameplan, but he was playing safe.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

CommonShore posted:

Willie: Wilder put Ortiz down for the count with basically the first punch he landed in the fight.

Amazing

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

He'd do it easily, and he'd do it in front of 200,000 people at Wembley.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Fight summary

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I just caught up properly. Really enjoyed that. I very much like Deontay, he’s entertaining and I’m glad he won so I can further troll my fellow Brits.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
It’s a good job I like Wilder, because until someone who a) can take a few knocks from him and b) could feasibly shoryuken his head off comes along, we’re stuck with him. I can’t see how anyone could get into the ring hoping to outpoint him, when he can win by doing nothing except letting someone hit him until they gently caress up.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Let me tell you the good news about Tyson fury

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

MMMs new username posted:

But I dislike Tyson Fury, he’s a homophobic poo poo.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

MMMs new username posted:

I contend there is no way he will be able to come back from the dead to beat a 10 count again

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I like that Wilder is basically the only boxer on the planet whose trash talk is 100% factually accurate

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
just gonna leave this here

It's kinda weird just watching a dude plod around for 6 rounds and then just one punch the other dude but dang if it ain't working.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

Julio Cruz posted:

I like that Wilder is basically the only boxer on the planet whose trash talk is 100% factually accurate

It can't be all that accurate if he always says before every fight that he's going to kill his opponent and he just gets plain old knockouts

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

CRISPYBABY posted:

just gonna leave this here

It's kinda weird just watching a dude plod around for 6 rounds and then just one punch the other dude but dang if it ain't working.

Jesus Christ that's the kind of punch/hit you only see in loving Hajime no Ippo. :stonk:

Like I don't get it, Ortiz was already turning his head throwing out that blind punch and flinching like he already saw it coming.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Jiro posted:

Jesus Christ that's the kind of punch/hit you only see in loving Hajime no Ippo. :stonk:

Like I don't get it, Ortiz was already turning his head throwing out that blind punch and flinching like he already saw it coming.

Well Ortiz had been stopping the right hand repeatedly with that left elbow which you see coming up just before the punch lands - I noticed it because it was an odd block. He wasn't so much earmuffing the punch as stopping it with a frame. He just didn't get it up in time for whatever reason and that's the fight.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

willie_dee posted:

But I dislike Tyson Fury, he’s a homophobic poo poo.

Also racist and is lucky the only drugs he's tested positive are ones that shouldn't bar you unless you test positive the day of

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

CommonShore posted:

Well Ortiz had been stopping the right hand repeatedly with that left elbow which you see coming up just before the punch lands - I noticed it because it was an odd block. He wasn't so much earmuffing the punch as stopping it with a frame. He just didn't get it up in time for whatever reason and that's the fight.

Well spotted.

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

CommonShore posted:

I don't think that's fair to Wilder. Getting there first is very much part of the game, it's not reasonable to say that for whatever reason Ortiz got there second.

Tyson Fury is crafty as gently caress and he still got brain damage from Wilder. He's awkward and inelegant, but he knows how to box, specifically to his strengths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Norton the First posted:

I don't think that's fair to Wilder. Getting there first is very much part of the game, it's not reasonable to say that for whatever reason Ortiz got there second.

Tyson Fury is crafty as gently caress and he still got brain damage from Wilder. He's awkward and inelegant, but he knows how to box, specifically to his strengths.

I don't think that post is implying what you're inferring