Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

Rez had a vibrator controller add-on. I wanna say it was compatible with the latest re-release.

Yeah, think that was it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

strong jutting sticks look pretty masculine to me

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Fallom posted:

But dem curves...

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
getting cancelled for misgendering the Google Stadia™ controller

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Fallom posted:

They're perky.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

BioMe posted:

What could this even mean, is there's also a male USB charging port?

on contact the plastic they use leaches a compound that neutralizes sex-related hormones in mammals

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
a female friend of mine infarmed me that the "gender neutrality" refers to the fact it was specially built so women types with small hands can hold it comfortably

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

But almost all basic controllers are already designed with children in mind since that's a big target audience on consoles, and that just looks like a styled PS one

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

so the gender of a controller is based on size then

does this mean that joycons are girl controllers and need to be referred to with feminine pronouns

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Peanut President posted:

a female friend of mine infarmed me that the "gender neutrality" refers to the fact it was specially built so women types with small hands can hold it comfortably

yeah that’s really dumb bc controllers are designed for children to use them and women aren’t gunna have smaller hands than children. maybe the original Xbox was a little big and uncomfortable to use; I don’t recall

someone said it elsewhere but it’s standard idpol hashtag woke washing to hide their turbo failed product and if you aren’t supporting it then ergo ur a misogynistic chud. plz buy our bad product

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

is the google stadia gonna be killed off as quick as the google glasses

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

maybe even faster, the launch has been a disaster so far

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Xaris posted:

yeah that’s really dumb bc controllers are designed for children to use them and women aren’t gunna have smaller hands than children. maybe the original Xbox was a little big and uncomfortable to use; I don’t recall

someone said it elsewhere but it’s standard idpol hashtag woke washing to hide their turbo failed product and if you aren’t supporting it then ergo ur a misogynistic chud. plz buy our bad product

i ain't never seen a kid hold a controller without struggling

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

it's a dumb product with no audience

i have no idea what google was thinking. you can't eliminate lag even on the best connections

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Xaris posted:

The original Xbox controller was comically huge and subject to endless jokes as a result, and of course there's a handful of people who actually loved it. Which isn't surprising, people have different bodies and all.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
of course its a white controller...

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

BULBASAUR posted:

of course its a white controller...

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

google stadia is a loving joke, microsoft's system has it lapped

BULBASAUR posted:

there's a ton of places online where it's not ok to say bad poo poo about brands or companies, corporate hug boxes where fans circle jerk over their products

is there a more specific term for this besides 'bootlicker'?
historically a good term for this is "consumer whore," but whether you'll want to use it depends on the kind of crowd you're in

i blame Denny's and the Los Angeles Kings for the current trend of brands on twitter

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
This is bullshit it's got an XY right on it smdh

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Peanut President posted:

eh i might have forgotten but i dont recall having any issue with nes/snes/genesis/n64/psx/ps2/dreamcast/gcn controller. i guess by the time xbox came out in 2002 and i got one i would have been about 14 so not really a child, i remember it being a little big and uncomfortable yeah.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Climate change is caused by the combined weight of the world's XBox controllers pushing earth's orbit towards the sun.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Xaris posted:

eh i might have forgotten but i dont recall having any issue with nes/snes/genesis/n64/psx/ps2/dreamcast/gcn controller. i guess by the time xbox came out in 2002 and i got one i would have been about 14 so not really a child, i remember it being a little big and uncomfortable yeah.

I mean I'm not calling the thread out because the wording and poo poo is obviously prime material but people were curious as to what "gender neutral" could mean :shrug:

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

get that OUT of my face posted:

google stadia is a loving joke, microsoft's system has it lapped

Microsoft's system isn't even out yet, how can it lap Stadia.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

i have no idea what google was thinking. you can't eliminate lag even on the best connections

designed in california by people who live in california who don't consider for a single second that people might not live in california. what, you don't have Google Fiber (tm)?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Peanut President posted:

I think a big part of the wii's success was how easy to hold the controller is for children

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Some Guy TT posted:

so the gender of a controller is based on size then

does this mean that joycons are girl controllers and need to be referred to with feminine pronouns

Well wiimotes are still male since they sold condoms for them

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

sword_man.gif posted:

designed in california by people who live in california who don't consider for a single second that people might not live in california. what, you don't have Google Fiber (tm)?

the internet in the bay actually mostly sucks rear end. more like they never considered that someone wouldnt be on the internal google network

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

sword_man.gif posted:

california doesn't even have google fiber fyi: it's utah and texas and kansas and midwest that does

also they cancelled the program like 5 years ago

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Feldegast42 posted:

Well wiimotes are still male since they sold condoms for them

Remember when that obviously staged picture of a TV with a Wiimote stuck in it made the rounds and caused Nintendo to wildly overreact?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

love it when the Statue of Liberty stands erect in all her irony

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

https://mobile.twitter.com/RANDCorporation/status/1197940169023901696

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

when was the last time we had a national security problem that even vaguely resembled the layout of a wargame

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Some Guy TT posted:

when was the last time we had a national security problem that even vaguely resembled the layout of a wargame

Makes you think we're due for one eh?

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

RagnarokAngel posted:

Makes you think we're due for one eh?

anyone who hasn't read about the millenium challenge wargame might get a lol or two out of it
https://warontherocks.com/2015/11/millennium-challenge-the-real-story-of-a-corrupted-military-exercise-and-its-legacy/

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

That's the one where the guy uses teleporting bicycle messengers and armed boats with missiles that were bigger than they were, right?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Heavy_D posted:

anyone who hasn't read about the millenium challenge wargame might get a lol or two out of it
https://warontherocks.com/2015/11/millennium-challenge-the-real-story-of-a-corrupted-military-exercise-and-its-legacy/

it's worth noting that van riper did in fact straight up cheat, in addition to just not following the script. he proclaimed himself to have lightspeed bike messengers and the initial missile barrage featured ships firing missiles bigger than they were. he did not set out to prove Iran could kick our rear end, he set out to prove that Rumsfeldian wargaming was loving dumb because it didn't even try to account for the idea the enemy might try some weird poo poo.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Tunicate posted:

That's the one where the guy uses teleporting bicycle messengers and armed boats with missiles that were bigger than they were, right?

Play to win

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

it's worth noting that van riper did in fact straight up cheat, in addition to just not following the script. he proclaimed himself to have lightspeed bike messengers and the initial missile barrage featured ships firing missiles bigger than they were. he did not set out to prove Iran could kick our rear end, he set out to prove that Rumsfeldian wargaming was loving dumb because it didn't even try to account for the idea the enemy might try some weird poo poo.

Well, considering you can shut down billion dollar military equipment with cheap hacks or lasers ordered off the internet, I don't think he was too far off the mark with the core argument.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/bethbourdon/status/1198441521349042176

Jeff bezos gave away a bunch of money to charity. And by money I mean stock options lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
My family has a tradition where every Thanksgiving we go down to skid row and hand out stock certificates to the homeless.