Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

dudeness posted:

Has anyone tried out that Tracks- The Train Set Game on gamepass? Looks hardcore.

Ive not personally played it but basically everyone says its a good "this tickles my brain in ways I wasnt fully prepared for" 7-8/10 experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
So I think my original Xbone is dead. I'm thinking it's maybe the hard drive but I'm pretty awful at diagnosing these things. It will power on but puts out no signal through the hdmi port and turns off after about a minute, hard drive seems to make just a clicking noise. It had been getting noticeably slower for awhile now, just as far as load times and menu navigation and whatnot. I've taken it apart, cleaned it out, removed things, put things back in, switched hdmi cables, and done several sacrificial rituals to no avail. Anyone have experience with this? I don't have any spare laptop drives laying around and at this point I'd almost prefer to just replace the whole console rather than get a new drive and wait for something else fail in a couple months.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

SchwarzeKrieg posted:

So I think my original Xbone is dead. I'm thinking it's maybe the hard drive but I'm pretty awful at diagnosing these things. It will power on but puts out no signal through the hdmi port and turns off after about a minute, hard drive seems to make just a clicking noise. It had been getting noticeably slower for awhile now, just as far as load times and menu navigation and whatnot. I've taken it apart, cleaned it out, removed things, put things back in, switched hdmi cables, and done several sacrificial rituals to no avail. Anyone have experience with this? I don't have any spare laptop drives laying around and at this point I'd almost prefer to just replace the whole console rather than get a new drive and wait for something else fail in a couple months.
Now's the best possible time to get a replacement cheaply with all of the console sales

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Clicking drive sounds like a dead drive. A new console is probably cheaper than a new HDD/SSD with the Black Friday sales.

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
Yeah I'll grab a cheap Black Friday deal. I'll probably just get a One S unless there's a really good deal on the X - speaking of, any idea of what prices are going to be like? I've found a couple ads but I haven't seen anything cheaper than the $199 S bundles live on Amazon right now. I already have a bunch of games on disc so the all-digital version is out for me.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I think the S is $199 and that's the cheapest

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Depending on what your plans are spending an extra $100 on an X will give you quite a few years of cross generation life. Otherwise with an S you'll just be enjoying whatever games you're currently playing.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cojawfee posted:

I installed it and tried out a a level where I built a track over to a station but then I forgot to change the direction on a junction and the train went of the tracks and I couldn't find an option to put the train back on the track. One menu has a reset button that's greyed out. And there's a reset level option, but I think that just deletes all the track. Also, pressing B on the pause menu (you know, to go back to the game) instead opens their twitter page. No thanks.

Exactly my experience lol

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

SchwarzeKrieg posted:

Yeah I'll grab a cheap Black Friday deal. I'll probably just get a One S unless there's a really good deal on the X - speaking of, any idea of what prices are going to be like? I've found a couple ads but I haven't seen anything cheaper than the $199 S bundles live on Amazon right now. I already have a bunch of games on disc so the all-digital version is out for me.

If you want to disregard bundles with games, there's a bundle with two controllers for $199.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

SchwarzeKrieg posted:

Costco has the X for $299. I've heard you can just buy online using gift cards or have someone help buy it for you.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Xbone controllers (the new ones I think) are 40 dollars on amazon.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I've seen some offers at a little over $100 here in Europe, but they are probably based on very limited stock to drive other sales.

With an Xbox S, you also get UHD support, so there's something to stuff your stocking with for Christmas.

EDIT: There's also the subscription-based deal that includes an upgrade path for the Scarlet, assuming you live in the US.

I'm not good with reading the fine print on these so be sure to do that before signing up. Might be a cheaper Xbox X + Scarlet bundle in the long term in your particular case.

ufarn fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 24, 2019

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

American McGay posted:

Depending on what your plans are spending an extra $100 on an X will give you quite a few years of cross generation life. Otherwise with an S you'll just be enjoying whatever games you're currently playing.

Making a lot of assumptions here.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Check ebay and just make sure it has a guaranteed return. eBay is biased towards buyers over sellers, so there's less a chance you're getting a scam. Got my X for $280.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Costco has a One X plus Lucidsound headset ($90 value) for $320

https://www.costco.com/xbox-one-x-1tb-bundle-with-lucidsound-ls31le-headset.product.100525825.html

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Won a BoneX from Taco Bell last week and I’m fully loving game pass. I love getting to try 7/10 trash that I wold never drop $20 on like dead rising 4. Plus I have really played any Xbox at all since halo 3 and gears at my friends back in highschool. I’ve had a pc since the end of the 360 gen so I’ve played pretty much anything that made its way over to there that I was interested in. Rare replay and master chief collection are great.

When does game pass add new games? Is it a regular thing they announce?

Also is there a goon clan or something for live? I have no friends (with xboxes).

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gamepass adds new games sporadically to keep you hooked but then usually a lump sum at the start of the month. Basically except 4-8 titles at the start of the month then another 2-4 titles every major conference during the month. If no major conference then just whenever.

If thats insanely confusing just look at "whats new" on gamepass tab and/or follow their twitter or your favorite less dead for xbox gaming place for updates.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Ineffiable posted:

Costco has the X for $299. I've heard you can just buy online using gift cards or have someone help buy it for you.

Or just join Costco, it’s totally worth it.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Cojawfee posted:

I installed it and tried out a a level where I built a track over to a station but then I forgot to change the direction on a junction and the train went of the tracks and I couldn't find an option to put the train back on the track. One menu has a reset button that's greyed out. And there's a reset level option, but I think that just deletes all the track. Also, pressing B on the pause menu (you know, to go back to the game) instead opens their twitter page. No thanks.

I'm playing it now. If you did the tutorial you would know that you hold down the View button to reset the train.

It's a neat little game. Mostly playing it for the nostalgia. :unsmith:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Apparently some Canadians lucked out because Wal-Mart misprinted their prices and set the X Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order bundle to $250CAD instead of the S Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order bundle. Probably too late to get it now, though.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
If you have multiple profiles on your Xbox, like to have different saves for games that only allow one slot, can they all use gamepass or do you need individual subscriptions for every single profile on the console? I'd automatically assume the former, but since I apparently have to buy gold for each profile just to put my saves in the cloud and move them from 360 to Xbone, I'm not so confident.

Also if you can use a USB drive to move saves, that'd be swell. Online just says "hey use the cloud" but nothing says you can't use USB. I'm trying to get everything ready to move for Black Friday.

edit: nevermind I found something that says you can't.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Hamsterlady posted:

If you have multiple profiles on your Xbox, like to have different saves for games that only allow one slot, can they all use gamepass or do you need individual subscriptions for every single profile on the console? I'd automatically assume the former, but since I apparently have to buy gold for each profile just to put my saves in the cloud and move them from 360 to Xbone, I'm not so confident.

Also if you can use a USB drive to move saves, that'd be swell. Online just says "hey use the cloud" but nothing says you can't use USB. I'm trying to get everything ready to move for Black Friday.

edit: nevermind I found something that says you can't.

Since when do you need gold to use cloud saves? I'm pretty sure gamepass is console wide too.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You dont need gold for cloud saves. Its the one thing MS does outside its pay tier the others dont

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

You do need Gold for cloud saves on a 360 console like he said, but not with Xbox One.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Looks like I just need to get my hands on a 2 day trial of Gold to transfer my saves from 360 on my second profile, and then the Xbox One will let me use both Gamepass and Gold on any profile on the console, so long as it's my home console.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Copy-pasting

BeAuMaN posted:

If anyone wants to play "Will it blend Ship?", Gamestop price mistake on "X-Qualifier Racer Style Gaming Chair" for $18.99 ea

https://www.gamestop.com/toys-collectibles/lifestyle/furniture/chairs/products/x-qualifier-racer-style-gaming-chair/10151114.html

Edit: Ohhhhhhh it's a sitewide pricemistake... not everything but some things being marked down to $18.99

Xbox One HyperX CloudX Wired Gaming Headset
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/xbox-one/accessories/headsets/products/xbox-one-hyperx-cloudx-wired-gaming-headset/10175036.html

Edit 2: PS4 one
PlayStation 4 HyperX Cloud Wired Gaming Headset
https://www.gamestop.com/video-game...t/10175034.html

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Nov 28, 2019

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I've had gamestop cancel orders at normal price. No way will that ship.

Black King Conga
Mar 30, 2011
Hey guys, stores here in New Zealand have been joining the bandwagon of having Black Friday sales. I've been eyeing the Xbox One X for a while now and there are some pretty sweet deals at the moment.

I already have a PS4 (poor version) and was wondering if the graphics jump is worth the price? Is game pass a good value as well? PS plus offerings have been a bit lacking for me for this year.

I plan to play Sony exclusives on that machine and buy multiplat titles on the X.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So why are they selling Reach separately from MCC? Is there some reason someone might want it but not the rest of the Collection?

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

Black King Conga posted:

Hey guys, stores here in New Zealand have been joining the bandwagon of having Black Friday sales. I've been eyeing the Xbox One X for a while now and there are some pretty sweet deals at the moment.

I already have a PS4 (poor version) and was wondering if the graphics jump is worth the price? Is game pass a good value as well? PS plus offerings have been a bit lacking for me for this year.

I plan to play Sony exclusives on that machine and buy multiplat titles on the X.

This is what I do and it's worked great so far. Any game on the X runs and looks better than the PS4 pro version. Game pass is so much better than psplus. You'll be able to get caught up on pretty much all of the "exclusive" games on Xbox.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

So why are they selling Reach separately from MCC? Is there some reason someone might want it but not the rest of the Collection?

It doesn't contain the Master Chief.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Black King Conga posted:

Do you have a pc? The boneX might be better in multiplat games, but only for a year until next gen drops. Most of the games are better on pc anyway, and there’s maybe five games actually exclusive to the console. Backwards compatibility is cool though.

Gamepass is an insane value, especially if you do the gold to gamepass upgrade and have a pc.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Is dmc5 a good intro if I’ve never played any of the series?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FastestGunAlive posted:

Is dmc5 a good intro if I’ve never played any of the series?

Yeah the story will maybe not be clear if you know nothing but the game is among the best gameplay theyve done and the cutscenes are all cool to watch.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1199951322780327937

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

It doesn't contain the Master Chief.

It's in the MCC too though, along with ODST. It's just odd.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Their rolling out the entire MCC piecemeal on Steam so that's probably why they have them listed individually now.

Black King Conga
Mar 30, 2011

Stan Taylor posted:

Do you have a pc? The boneX might be better in multiplat games, but only for a year until next gen drops. Most of the games are better on pc anyway, and there’s maybe five games actually exclusive to the console. Backwards compatibility is cool though.

Gamepass is an insane value, especially if you do the gold to gamepass upgrade and have a pc.

I only have a laptop that can run light games at most. Never really been a PC gamer and prefer consoles to them.

Yeah, I read up and saw that a new console could come as early as next year. I may delay this one until the next gen ones drop which is soon anyway.

Or I will spend my money irresponsibly as always!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

New consoles are basically 100% launching in 2020. If you live in a country that offers the Xbox contract program, for like 30 US a month you get the bone X, gamepass, and an option to upgrade to the next console when it releases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Buying a credit contract Xbox for $480+ and convincing urself gamespass is worth full price on any day... lol

On Black Friday? Lmao

Boners gonna bone