Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Watching Kikutaro break kayfabe multiple times and pulling his mask off to eat ramen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9WulJ_88Gw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I have seen Kikutaro's face and I don't know how to feel about that

Probably the same as Kana, tbqh

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

dsriggs posted:

Could be something to do with him naming Britt Baker on commentary during the Wargames match. In the post show conference call:
https://twitter.com/prowrestlingnet/status/1198451227899637761

Wasn't one of the Highlanders fired for getting filmed by TNA at a show?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Asukas shocked reaction to him taking off his mask to eat was what made that video.

Also his response the first time.

"I think I saw something I am not supposed to!"
"It was just your imagination"

Kikutaro is cool and good.

But seriously, they are friends in real life, so I am pretty sure Asuka has seen Kikutaros face many times.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I could see the m trying to deflect by saying "We don't want to get Britt it trouble", when the actuality is "You idiot, people are going to look her up and find out about the other company now!"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kikutaro is her husband but they kayfabe it quite well. especially toward people in the wrestling community who you'd think would know best; they believe otherwise the most. the more you know about them and japanese wrestlers in general, the more you believe otherwise, even though it's true. they even have a fake guy who very few people know about and claim that he's asuka's husband, for those who are able to dig "too" deep. it's actually just deep enough for that trap.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Davros1 posted:

I could see the m trying to deflect by saying "We don't want to get Britt it trouble", when the actuality is "You idiot, people are going to look her up and find out about the other company now!"

They wanted to show her to try to cause trouble for her but they didn’t want Mauro to acknowledge her.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Someone should have asked it Cole was banned from going to her shows.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
If only I could have heard more insights from Beth Phoenix.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
so is kiku really her husband or not? cause I got baited by the bait husband in the past

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

AkumaHokoru posted:

so is kiku really her husband or not? cause I got baited by the bait husband in the past

No, I guess.

Also Kairi with some snark:

https://twitter.com/KairiSaneWWE/status/1198482768679899138

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

AkumaHokoru posted:

Kikutaro is all of our husband.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
Mauro was tweeting before the show that he was having some trouble mentally but was gonna try to keep it at bay for the show. Maybe he crashed afterwards and closed his twitter for the time being.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Davros1 posted:

That's insane to think because then people will see one of her matches

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

for some reason mauro has me blocked even though i havent interacted with him

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This is especially funny now because I’m rewatching Takeover and there’s all kinds of dead air at points where they could have said something and just don’t

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a lot of people with similar personality traits to mauro will go through and block people who follow or are followed by someone else they blocked. tends to help them feel a bit more secure on there. i got nothing against it unless that person is on there being a shithead to begin with but can't take it back toward themselves

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
https://twitter.com/JOEYnRetrograde/status/1198454398516695040

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Oooh this is juicy

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Sionistic posted:

Mauro was tweeting before the show that he was having some trouble mentally but was gonna try to keep it at bay for the show. Maybe he crashed afterwards and closed his twitter for the time being.

I watched the Showtime doc on Mauro a few days ago. It seems harrowing and exhausting to be him. I can't imagine trying to live life with his condition. I was always a fan, but it really endeared him to me. Hope he's ok.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

DangerDummy! posted:

I watched the Showtime doc on Mauro a few days ago. It seems harrowing and exhausting to be him. I can't imagine trying to live life with his condition. I was always a fan, but it really endeared him to me. Hope he's ok.
He’s started to teeter on the line of self parody or trying too hard which is the exact same kind of thing that happened to Matt Striker and Corey Graves. Yeah, they were super fans and entertaining at first but completely and totally got so absorbed in themselves and quickly turned to lovely announcers.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wish someone would pay Mauro a lot of money to go home and do cool vacations. He really is a good dude but his brain actively hates him.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

He seems like a nice guy and I empathize on a very personal level with his mental health struggles but I watched a clip of him screaming "Holy Bleep! Holy Bleep!" when Kevin Owens showed up and he deserves to go to jail for that.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I like Mauro the person a lot. I begrudgingly tolerated him as an MMA announcer and can't stand him as a WWE announcer. WWE just encourages all of his bad habits and he's too focused on the next wacky thing to say.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

NienNunb posted:

I watched a clip of him screaming "Holy Bleep! Holy Bleep!" when Kevin Owens showed up and he deserves to go to jail for that.

lmao I was marking out so hard I completely missed this.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Mauro actively ruins takeovers for me now. He is exhausting to listen to

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

jesus WEP posted:

He makes my eardrums feel like the windows of the cybertruck during it's unveiling, mama mia!!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he acts that way out of an unbearably strong desire to be accepted and liked. he works hard on his references and stuff, thinking it's funny or fun to others. you can dislike his work and talk about that here but please don't be mean toward him directly

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I do not know this Mauro fellow or his works. But he sounds like somebody who could use the occasional 'You are awesome' chant. And also a hug or six. And therapy.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I love Mauro, and his nerdy enthusiasm.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

TheKingslayer posted:

Seems like something to do with Nigel and Beth almost saying nothing the whole show.

He just yells loudly over everyone else.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I think Mauro is a good announcer. My only complaint is how he always seems to be at an 11 and doesn't have lulls in his commentary. It's like, he should be working up to big moments. Dude calls a headlock like its a finisher at WM.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Cavauro posted:

he acts that way out of an unbearably strong desire to be accepted and liked. he works hard on his references and stuff, thinking it's funny or fun to others. you can dislike his work and talk about that here but please don't be mean toward him directly
apologies friend Cavauro. Let me rephrase.

I’m sure he’s a nice guy, but

jesus WEP posted:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Camauro

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Kylie Rae:

quote:

I don’t know how to start this and I can’t speak on other’s behalves. I can only speak for myself and what’s in my heart. I don’t know many rumors and honestly try to stay away from everything, obviously 😅. But here: nobody made me leave. AEW took my career to new levels and I’m beyond grateful for every opportunity and experience that has come along the way and wish nothing but the best. It’s a great group of people who truly love wrestling and just want everyone to succeed. I’ve always tried to be a good person but I make many mistakes along the way. I needed to get my mind, body, and soul right with God. I wish I had the answers but the truth I don’t. We all go through obstacles in life and we may want all the answers but we don’t need them. It’s God’s plan and he has shown me what’s truly important in life and to find a blessing in every moment because in the blink of an eye, everything can be gone. So instead of bashing, let’s just love one another and appreciate what we have, or something like that lol sorry I’m awkward.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5QvKbsJMrP/

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that looks like an r and an n

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

See told you all she had to fight god. None of you listened.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m torn on Mauro a lot of the time because the references are groan worthy but everything else is very good. At the end of the day, in a company with graves and Lawler, I find it hard to be too critical of Mauro. For me, he adds more to matches than he takes away from them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WWE should just run a sampler board in their announcer’s booth. Less casualties.