Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

chitoryu12 posted:

Ren fair is where you get to drink a ton of beer and mead, eat fried food, throw axes, and watch jousting and sword fights. How can you hate that?
Because it costs five thousand dollars to consume the foods and drinks you listed (assuming you can't find them in tne trash).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I can attest that Ren fairs are fun as hell, although the roving pack of furries is always really awkward.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I'm over my furry hatred, but I cannot stress enough how ludicrously loving expensive Renn Fest is.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I've yet to go to a ren faire (I'd go if somebody else wanted me to go with them, just not interested enough personally to go), and I'm sure it's goofy as poo poo, but everybody is on the same page about it being goofy as poo poo so it seems like it'd be fine?

But yeah, wear poo poo that fits and doesn't look absurd (for a ren faire). That outfit is bad, even in the context of a ren faire.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Dick Burglar posted:

She looks loving ridiculous in that outfit. Goddamn goons.

Is it me or are that guy's eyes pointing slightly different directions?
That eagle tattoo needs a mane BTW. A mane of red white and blue! :911:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

wesleywillis posted:

Is it me or are that guy's eyes pointing slightly different directions?
:shuckyes:

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

:bird:
:sterv:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

What a bird brain

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I've been to a few ren faires and had a lot of fun, but that was admittedly before running packs of furries were a thing

Edit: I honestly don't give a single poo poo about furries it's more that I haven't been to a ren faire in 20 years so they may have changed somehow?

The Bloop has a new favorite as of 22:58 on Nov 24, 2019

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Furries are allies against the nazis.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The Bloop posted:

Wearing clothes that fit you horribly and look terrible, not because you are in poverty, but because you are an idiot has to be fair game for this thread if anything is

It's this.

However, taking pictures of strangers without their knowledge or consent to make fun of on The Internet is kind of a dick move.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Tubgoat posted:

...you've never seen furry nazis?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
What’s the overlap with ren faires and furries? I’ve never been anywhere near a ren faire (I think they’re only an American thing?) but isn’t the point to recreate ye olde England?

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Question Mark Mound posted:

What’s the overlap with ren faires and furries? I’ve never been anywhere near a ren faire (I think they’re only an American thing?) but isn’t the point to recreate ye olde England?

Furries will generally take any excuse to costume- and presumably a ren-fair has a lot of other people in various costumes.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

There's also overlap in general between stereotypically nerdy pursuits. The kind of person who owns a fursuit is probably also a Doctor Who and Jurassic Park fan who likes going to ren fairs and owns at least one corset.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

You laugh, but his forehead will never be attacked by a tree viper when he walks under a low branch.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tubgoat posted:

No, juggalos are.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

steinrokkan posted:

No, juggalos are.

Much moreso, yes, but both are generally true

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dick Burglar posted:

...you've never seen furry nazis?

Furry Hitler probably had to eat a chocolate bar to kill himself.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

hitler's fursona was superman, but with three balls

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

T-man posted:

hitler's fursona was superman, but with three balls

Whale Hitler

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

If not mistaken furry conventions have been increasingly anti nazi furries for a while now

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I’m gonna note my left eye drifts pretty far to the left. No one stares at it outside of pictures much because one of the first things I tell people is that I have Atchafoya disease. One eye’s lookin atcha and the other eye’s looking foya

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
The most furry thing I’ve seen at a Ren Faire are tails that people wear outside of normal clothes

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

There's a cosplayer I know who has a pretty bad lazy eye, worse than that guy. She just embraces it by making funny faces all the time.

Sleve McDichael
Feb 11, 2019

~nice~

The Sexual Shiite posted:

I’m gonna note my left eye drifts pretty far to the left. No one stares at it outside of pictures much because one of the first things I tell people is that I have Atchafoya disease. One eye’s lookin atcha and the other eye’s looking foya

Serious question: does it affect your vision/depth perception?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Saddest Rhino posted:

If not mistaken furry conventions have been increasingly anti nazi furries for a while now

Actually they've been banned from all the major cons afaik

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

There's also overlap in general between stereotypically nerdy pursuits. The kind of person who owns a fursuit is probably also a Doctor Who and Jurassic Park fan who likes going to ren fairs and owns at least one corset.

no?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

So you just own a fursuit then?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Sleve McDichael posted:

Serious question: does it affect your vision/depth perception?

Depth perception, yeah. Took longer to learn how to drive but made it easier to shoot because I focus more with one eye. Can’t catch a ball for poo poo though

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

So you just own a fursuit then?

hell yeah I made one for fun and it's cute

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The thing that gets me about Ren Faires is that all the stuff described sounds like good honest silly fun. Dressing up in a medieval costume, drinking beer/ale/mead, wandering about in the sun, talking in a silly accent and saying Milady, Forsooth etc.

But Ren Faires also attract the kind of people to whom all of that is not goofy fun, but instead serious business(tm), and as such needs to be respected. You know, "it's a lifestyle" type folks, who do not appreciate the johnny-come-lately's who don't get it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Don’t hate the player, hate the game

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

She thinks I'm a haughty!

chitoryu12 posted:

Harry Potter taking a dump on a toilet

This is less AUG than the author of the book's statement that wizards don't have toilets because they all just poo poo while walking or standing and "magic it away."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I should expand by saying that is an actual painting that a family friend at a dinner party just found over the toilet.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Harry just strokin his wand.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

chitoryu12 posted:

I should expand by saying that is an actual painting that a family friend at a dinner party just found over the toilet.

That is pretty glorious. Having a dinner party and not taking that painting down, just letting guests discover it for the first time.

One of my roommates in college had a giant poster print of someone's painting of naked Legolas (butt visible, no wang) that we also hung in the bathroom. Wonder if that thing still exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

What even is the point, then?