Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I wonder which state will put him in Congress first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

dubzee posted:

The Dems have already lost haven't they?

Nah this is good news. The way the D primaries are set up this time means there's a 15% floor before candidates are awarded any delegates so further splintering the succ vote strengthens Daddy Bernie even more, nonlinearly. He's only going to sap support from Biden, Butt, and maybe, maybe Kamala.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Nov 24, 2019

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Best Friends posted:

I wonder which state will put him in Congress first

Texas is pretty receptive to pieces of poo poo

brains
May 12, 2004

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/HansNichols/status/1198581502411444231

I was going to do a 'gotta hand it to the E7' comment but then I remembered the dril tweet and no, don't gotta hand it to him

lmao this dipshit must think clemency means "for all past and future acts," because there's no loving way any PAO signed off on this circus and publicly denigrating his own personal chain of command as active US Navy Sailor is absolutely chargeable conduct under UCMJ.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

brains posted:

lmao this dipshit must think clemency means "for all past and future acts," because there's no loving way any PAO signed off on this circus and publicly denigrating his own personal chain of command as active US Navy Sailor is absolutely chargeable conduct under UCMJ.

Our military has zero way of dealing with an active duty service member disobeying orders left and right because he has the protection of the president

God drat that is loving wild

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Love skipping the chain of command to air my complaints.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Going on Fox & Friends is like using the President's open-door policy.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I don't understand how anyone can even feel safe around this psycho.

Oh right, because they're not brown.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

dubzee posted:

I know Bloomberg doesn't stand a chance. Just sick of the loving circus. You're dead on with the Schultz comparison, another billionaire rear end in a top hat throws in for long enough to have "presidential candidate" on their list of achievements.

The Democratic Policy Establishment (elites?) is more or less mistaking a crowded field for a weak field.

Poll after poll of the Democratic primary vote is basically saying "hey, we like all of them, here's my primary favorite, but I could change!". The media is more or less seeing the "but I could change" and amplifying that message. So, in come rich idiots like Bloomberg, or rando governors, without them realizing that the primary electorate wants *fewer* candidates, not *more* candidates.

So all of that just triggers Democratic handwringing, as Democrats are naturally scared of their own shadow.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Gallagher is like OJ Simpson for a new generation.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

facialimpediment posted:

The Democratic Policy Establishment (elites?) is more or less mistaking a crowded field for a weak field.

Poll after poll of the Democratic primary vote is basically saying "hey, we like all of them, here's my primary favorite, but I could change!". The media is more or less seeing the "but I could change" and amplifying that message. So, in come rich idiots like Bloomberg, or rando governors, without them realizing that the primary electorate wants *fewer* candidates, not *more* candidates.

So all of that just triggers Democratic handwringing, as Democrats are naturally scared of their own shadow.

I caught about 10 minutes of GPS with Fareed Zackaria who I used to think was an intelligent guy. He had on Tom Friedman. Lmao. First sign things were off.

They got to the topic of Bloomberg and every guest of his said they'd vote for him in a heartbeat. How he "ran the city so well," and "would be able to outspend everyone," and "how intelligent he is and how he's not a narcicist and is able to delegate very well."

I turned it off in disgust. Such establishment Dem assholes. Stick to foreign affairs, Fareed.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 24, 2019

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
They desperately want to pretend 2016 never happened

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

RBG is out of hospital and doing well.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

And there goes SecNav

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Prop Wash posted:

And there goes SecNav

LINK

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Here ya go crab man.

https://apple.news/AIV8rUa17RzCyzYnrlEjvSg

The Washington Post posted:

Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper asked for the resignation of Navy Secretary Richard V. Spencer on Sunday after learning that Spencer had privately proposed to White House officials that if they did not interfere with military justice proceedings against Navy SEAL Edward Gallagher, who was accused of war crimes in Iraq, then Spencer would ensure that Gallagher was able to retire with his Trident pin.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Let’s do it, let’s see how many SecDefs we can get through in 2019

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Uh well that was unexpected.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Prop Wash posted:

I LOVE WAR

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Prop Wash posted:

Current one can still enrich his Boeing portfolio, why leave now?

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

LingcodKilla posted:

I do find it fascinating to see where people groomed to be sycophants finally draw the line.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I can't really figure out whether Esper's position is pro- or anti- Trump

Is this not Esper asking for the resignation of a guy who tried to negotiate his way out of 100% compliance with Trump's orders?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

LingcodKilla posted:

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1198720195759620096

Fallom posted:

I can't really figure out whether Esper's position is pro- or anti- Trump

Is this not Esper asking for the resignation of a guy who tried to negotiate his way out of 100% compliance with Trump's orders?

See above. Doesn't really matter what Esper is, as Trump is way more interested in listening to, and acting on, what Pete Hegseth says on Fox & Friends.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Haha wow

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/in-depth/403832/nimbys-oppose-erebus-park-memorial-you-don-t-drink-a-glass-of-wine-next-to-a-grave

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

The Navy secretary just lost a power struggle with Fox & Friends weekend host Pete Hegseth.

Well that's a pretty drat fitting epitaph on our national tombstone. Can we just use that and be done with it?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

LingcodKilla posted:

I called it on the last page.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/471788-former-rnc-chairman-slams-committee-for-buying-100000-worth-of

The RNC spent 100k on Don Jrs book sales.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

bird food bathtub posted:

Well that's a pretty drat fitting epitaph on our national tombstone. Can we just use that and be done with it?

Nah, we're still nowhere close to the bottom.

Tapes!
https://twitter.com/KFaulders/status/1198732252496224256

Donnie basically scared of the Oval Office because he doesn't trust anyone around and he's tired of their interruptions, like making him work instead of calling fox newsers:

https://twitter.com/harrispolitico/status/1198667922723549184

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

That Works posted:

The RNC spent 100k on Don Jrs book.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

100k less they can spend on buying thousands of copies of atlas shrugged to donate to high schools

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

100k less they can spend on buying thousands of copies of atlas shrugged to donate to high schools

Is it worse if they donate Jrs book?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Well, this is the right way to resign.

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1198740076467048448

Edit: This is really dumb

https://twitter.com/DanLamothe/status/1198741314516467712

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Nov 25, 2019

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Really an odd time to finally take a stand against what is a long and deeply ingrained problem with the SEALs

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Secretary of the Navy Richard Spencer (not that Richard Spencer) has resigned. Please welcome the new acting Secretary of the Navy, Richard Spencer (yes that Richard Spencer)!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

Secretary of the Navy Richard Spencer (not that Richard Spencer) has resigned. Please welcome the new acting Secretary of the Navy, Richard Spencer (yes that Richard Spencer)!
The Navy has to be the most diverse of the services, right?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Really an odd time to finally take a stand against what is a long and deeply ingrained problem with the SEALs

Well, its not very common that a SEAL has been allowed to openly criticize his chain of command on Fox News.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Cool

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/border-patrol-denies-undocumented-immigrants-free-influenza-vaccine/story?id=67237256

quote:

Doctors for Camp Closure.

The organization is a volunteer group of 2,000 U.S. based physicians who support the closing of the Customs and Border camps because of public health concerns. The organization volunteered to provide free influenza vaccines to those detained but the government never responded.

“We got no response, not even an acknowledgement of the letter," said Arzuaga.

brains
May 12, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Well, its not very common that a SEAL has been allowed to openly criticize his chain of command on Fox News.

A Bad Poster posted:

Going on Fox & Friends is like using the President's open-door policy.

seriously, what is left to prevent every mega-chud E-7 out there from public airing all their grievances with their leadership on fox loving news from now on?

i'd like to think that this guy's behavior throughout is just another indication of the serious failings of SEAL culture, but given this whole debacle it's only a matter of time before people are coming out of the woodwork from the active force complaining their UCMJ action for beating their wife was given because their leadership are "on a liberal vendetta"

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
The Bloomberg entry is interesting, because it's almost definitely an insurance policy in case Sanders looks like the favourite for getting the nomination. He's definitely not there to run against Trump, who is likely to have one hell of a Rudy-shaped boat anchor around his neck by the time the election date rolls around.

Biden hasn't been able to successfully drag things back into the centre as planned, and the rest of the candidates aren't popular enough, despite the Media's attempts to big up Mayor Pete.

In my opinion, he's there to piss 100 million dollars into anti-Bernie ads, because that crowd would much sooner see Trump re-elected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1198746358091530241?s=19

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1198746377720909824?s=19

:chaostrump: