Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Spanish Manlove posted:

I like how this game for ten year olds still vexes goons sometimes

They should make it even easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Silver Falcon posted:

I am extremely interested. I only just beat the game so I have jack and poo poo to offer in trade. :( I'll hop into the Discord when I get home.
I mean, I finished off my pokedex two days ago so I could get the Shiny Charm to get hunting, you don't have to offer anything in return! (other than I'll keep whatever garbage mon you Quick Ball and then give me, so that I have a 1-in-100000 better shot at the Loto-ID I guess)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Macaluso posted:

HECK yes. Used that den resetting trick, got myself a 4iv Ditto and got one of the twitter Japanese folks to trade over one of theirs. Now the actual game can begin!
Oh god I think I'm double posting but tell me about these friendly Japanese folks on Twitter, I have two English 4IV dittos and would love a Japanese one in return.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Oh god I think I'm double posting but tell me about these friendly Japanese folks on Twitter, I have two English 4IV dittos and would love a Japanese one in return.

Literally just put in "foreign ditto" into the search bar and you'll see tweets from them all the time. They almost all have a similar formatting in their post where they'll be like "give 4iv, want 4iv" and they'll usually have a screenshot as well. They also are really nice and are like "X means BEST" so they translate it for you too. They post pretty frequently. You wanna be quick about though cause everyone is looking for one.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Is Ditto tied into which region you're in like before every game came with language options, or is it just what language you start in? Because I was going to be starting a different file on a different profile anyway, since it's honestly easier that way to get a Grookey for us (no one in the house picked grass starter this time), and well....if just playing in a different language works, I might just jump a Ditto to someone else's game and then back to my own.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I'm very thankful for the random Frenchman I surprise traded with for yeeting a ditto into the void, explicitly searching one out sounds annoying.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

ChaosArgate posted:

You know all those poke balls you just find out in the wild on the ground? :v:

Son of a bitch. I figured someone was going around hiding them like the Easter Bunny and never questioned this belief.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

canonically pokeballs explode if they don't catch, that's why you don't get them back. voltorb are pokeballs that came to life which is why they explode. the dog is actually running to the store to get another pokeball for you

housemaster!!1
Oct 6, 2015

DUNT 4GEHT 2 FLAAHP UR ARRMAZ
ok I don't like it. Played it for ~30 hours now and it's way too easy. The design of most of the Pokemon sucks and those "dynamax" evolutions look like they are just a cheap way to introduce something new. "Uhh lets just make them bigger and let em glow. Also add longcat. "

Gamefreak still sucks and I hope they choke on the money.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I like that there's a bunch of cute new pokemon

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Is Ditto tied into which region you're in like before every game came with language options, or is it just what language you start in? Because I was going to be starting a different file on a different profile anyway, since it's honestly easier that way to get a Grookey for us (no one in the house picked grass starter this time), and well....if just playing in a different language works, I might just jump a Ditto to someone else's game and then back to my own.
Language options do work, actual region doesn't. (Grookey will be faster if you just jump on the discord and ask, breeding a starter is free compared to foreign Dittos)
e:

Macaluso posted:

Literally just put in "foreign ditto" into the search bar and you'll see tweets from them all the time. They almost all have a similar formatting in their post where they'll be like "give 4iv, want 4iv" and they'll usually have a screenshot as well. They also are really nice and are like "X means BEST" so they translate it for you too. They post pretty frequently. You wanna be quick about though cause everyone is looking for one.
Well, I can do that! Hopefully they don't care about twitter replies and will just put up a trade code, cause gently caress having a twitter.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Well, I can do that! Hopefully they don't care about twitter replies and will just put up a trade code, cause gently caress having a twitter.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Looks like they might be fixing the raid exploit. Get your gmax bois soon!

https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

The game is designed for literal children to play, the story only needs to stand up to the scrutiny of your average 10 year old.

Oh don't think I don't have the scrutiny of the average 10 year old :mad:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

autumnal oddium posted:

canonically pokeballs explode if they don't catch, that's why you don't get them back. voltorb are pokeballs that came to life which is why they explode. the dog is actually running to the store to get another pokeball for you

Yamper is a very good dog. It's a shame it's ability won't work if I give it eviolite.

Beelzebozo posted:

But they wont fix the queuing system being rear end :argh:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Fix the dumb rear end 4-digit trading system Game Freaks

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Beelzebozo posted:

If true it's gonna be a huge pain the rear end to get hidden ability pokemon.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Your Computer posted:

that's a cute outfit :3:

here's mine, since I never posted it

and the outfit, which I'm very happy with

:3:

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Then be around later, I caught the beast ball Drakloak* and while I only gave a few out so far I'm down to give more out anytime (ping @Seeker) cause I'm breeding absolute boatloads of them to set up for the good shiny grind once I get a foreign Ditto.
I would also like to get in on this action, as most of my other cool beast-ball'd mons aren't allowed in galar

Beelzebozo posted:

since they aren't giving any details, hopefully this is just "making the connectivity less bad" and not patching out the best exploit

COOL CORN posted:

Fix the dumb rear end 4-digit trading system Game Freaks
honestly the 4 digit code is best for people like us here, who would ideally want to trade with someone specific without adding going through the rigmarole of adding someone new to their friends list like you needed for the 3DS games

it's still dumb you can't ping people on your friends list though

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

fix brexit. and dexit too i guess

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

What is the raid exploit?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Beelzebozo posted:

This is about the online servers, not a patch so I don’t know how it would influence the exploit?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

FF7 was rated for Teens so "your average 10 year old" wasn't supposed to be playing it, hth.

this is one of the funniest attempts at discrediting an argument i've maybe ever seen

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Just past Gym 4: I get I'm suposed to be super skeved out that Rose hung Bede out to dry like that but, honestly, the story hasn't done much for me to make me feel anything other than "Good Job, not Tony Stark, give that little poo poo what for."

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The story is very bad and mostly survives because SPORTS is the best theme they've ever done for a gym challenge and Marnie is adorkable.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Blaziken386 posted:

honestly the 4 digit code is best for people like us here, who would ideally want to trade with someone specific without adding going through the rigmarole of adding someone new to their friends list like you needed for the 3DS games
agreed on the friend list thing, but I just feel like 4 digits (which are not reserved in any way) is a hilariously low number when considering how big Pokémon is and how many millions of people are playing it across the world

you'd think they would at least go with like... 6 digits

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I want the patch that fixes online battles. I'm no good at them but I like watching them and after the 20 minute debacle got exposed yesterday on Shofu's stream I'm super bummed out.

Get this, in order to play 6v6 no matter what you're set to 20 minutes. You cannot change this and it counts down while your picking your move, and while animations for moves plays out. If the timer hits 0 whoever has the most pokemon wins.

Each turn you're given 60 seconds to pick a move, so that's one minute shaved off the clock. Then there's long animations you can force like Dynamaxing and whatnot. This means if someone wants to be a real piece of poo poo they can pick a full stall team with a bunch of walls that know protect/toxic/whatever and just.... waste everyones time for the w.

If you're switching pokemon in and out to counter someone you blow through those 20 minutes in a blink of a eye, and even when facing someone that didn't have a competitive team in a few fights he had he'd always go down to literally 40-30 seconds remaining before things auto-ended.

Spent close to a hour trying to find settings to fix this and there just isn't a way to make 6v6 have more time. The only one that raises the cap/gets rid of it is a 3v3 ruleset you have to get online and download for some reason.

Your Computer posted:

agreed on the friend list thing, but I just feel like 4 digits (which are not reserved in any way) is a hilariously low number when considering how big Pokémon is and how many millions of people are playing it across the world

you'd think they would at least go with like... 6 digits

Just bring back what was in x/y where you can look at your system friends and tap them to start a trade or whatever. The code thing sucksss

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Galarian Rapidash is one majestic looking beast.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The codes are "good intentions, bad execution". It allows you to trade with a specific person without having to back out and add them to your friends list, saving both time, but as mentioned, 4 digits isn't enough. Six would have been fine.

Then I could do 069420 :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

As a counter point, I've had no issues with Link Codes unless someone decides to use A Meme Number. :v: I've given away a bunch of Eevees and Scorbunnies to Twitter friends and they've all gone through without a hitch other than the person that insisted on using 6969.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Frank seems like a pedophile (Galarian pronunciation).

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

ConanThe3rd posted:

Just past Gym 4: I get I'm suposed to be super skeved out that Rose hung Bede out to dry like that but, honestly, the story hasn't done much for me to make me feel anything other than "Good Job, not Tony Stark, give that little poo poo what for."

I think that's exactly what you're supposed to feel. Up until that point, he's been a smug poo poo.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kyrosiris posted:

As a counter point, I've had no issues with Link Codes unless someone decides to use A Meme Number. :v: I've given away a bunch of Eevees and Scorbunnies to Twitter friends and they've all gone through without a hitch other than the person that insisted on using 6969.
then you've just been lucky, I've intentionally stayed away from any meme or "easy" code and still a majority of my trades have taken multiple attempts to get connected with the right person even when we are coordinating on discord :(

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

slave to my cravings posted:

Frank seems like a pedophile (Galarian pronunciation).

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Blaziken386 posted:

it's still dumb you can't ping people on your friends list though

It's nice in theory, but I've been on the same wifi as someone, sitting across the table from them - and somehow with both of us on the same code, it still won't connect us. There's something screwy in the netcode.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

335/400. It is slow going now :negative:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The game is designed for literal children to play, the story only needs to stand up to the scrutiny of your average 10 year old.

That's a bit of a cop-out and really insulting to children, honestly

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Does the flame body Pokemon have to be in the lead or can he just be in the party, for hatching eggs

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Macaluso posted:

Does the flame body Pokemon have to be in the lead or can he just be in the party, for hatching eggs

In the lead.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

COOL CORN posted:

It's nice in theory, but I've been on the same wifi as someone, sitting across the table from them - and somehow with both of us on the same code, it still won't connect us. There's something screwy in the netcode.

When this happens, connect to the internet and then disconnect back into local wifi, that seems to reset it and then it works immediately.

I've been playing locally with friends a savescumming raids and yeah, it can be a pain to get them to connect but resetting the connection this way seems to do the trick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Show related, I poke at Netflix now and then to see what they have either natively in the languages I study, or dubbed into them, and I somehow never noticed Indigo League (and probably others, I didn't dig too deep) have the Spanish, French, German, and Italian dubs, on top of the English. Guess I'm watching Pokemon in German sometime soon!