Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Frog Detective: the Haunted Island

Very cute but lacking in content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

this is the one where you have to beat certain castle levels as micro mario in order to see entire alternate worlds, right?

i always thought that was a really good touch because once you realize it it makes perfect sense but it makes you play as mini mario which sucks donkey balls

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Sonic The Hedgehog (Mega Play version, 1CC)

mycophobia posted:

a version of the Genesis game they put in arcades that has less zones and no 1-ups and the time limits are super strict so you basically have to speedrun the game. Even so, if you have basic familiarity with the game a 1CC isn't all that hard. I should be able to get it today in fact. it took a little digging to find it but I found a hack that lets you play this version on a Genesis, so I can put it on my Everdrive. the hack is a little glitchy but still totally functional.

the zone order goes like this:

Green Hill
Spring Yard
Star Light
Scrap Brain (first two acts only)
Final

there's no credits if you beat it, and oddly, you don't get to enter your name in the scoreboard unless you game over. you can still jump into the giant ring at the end of an act but there's no emeralds or bonus stages, and hitting a 1-up monitor plays the fanfare and everything but just gives you rings.

having a strict time limit is an interesting idea in terms of making Sonic a more arcade-suited game, but this is a pretty lazy conversion.

there's also a Sonic 2 Mega Play but as far as I know it just removes all but one 1-up (for score, iirc) and weirdly hides the timer, though I don't remember ever time overing so I don't think the limits were changed significantly.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pokemon Sword

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
34. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

I never saw the movie.

Mamkute fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Nov 18, 2019

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Mamkute posted:

I never saw the movie.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

15b. Sekiro Dragon's Return ending

This game is so good.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mamkute posted:

I never saw the movie.

Lol. The PS2 game?

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol. The PS2 game?

Yes, but the GameCube version.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mamkute posted:

Yes, but the GameCube version.

That's a pretty good game

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
15+ Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm (Platinum Trophy)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mamkute posted:

15+ Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm (Platinum Trophy)

Hell yes

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

15c: Sekiro Immortal Severance ending

This was my NG+ file and it was a lot harder in the second half - in my first win I got the ending that cuts off the last quarter of the game, so I was down a bunch of memories and I was feeling it right at the end.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Aston posted:

15c: Sekiro Immortal Severance ending

This was my NG+ file and it was a lot harder in the second half - in my first win I got the ending that cuts off the last quarter of the game, so I was down a bunch of memories and I was feeling it right at the end.

the damage bonus from each memory really starts falling off, lategame NG+ enemies are just tough as hell. good job though

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Azure Moon

That's all 4 endings done, I guess I really loved this game.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Intelligent Qube

This game kicks rear end. Love all the cubes.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Blaster Master Zero

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Spoderman posted:

Intelligent Qube

This game kicks rear end. Love all the cubes.

Hell yeah

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Yakuza 0.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Death Stranding

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

halo 3.

i loved 1 & 2 but 1 definitely had level design issues, and 2 starts throwing some very annoying enemies at you in its final hours. 3 is just really, really drat good throughout. great game

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
saw the credits in dq11 but there’s post game stuff immediately shown i need to finish so i’m not sure if it counts yet

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

bump_fn posted:

saw the credits in dq11 but there’s post game stuff immediately shown i need to finish so i’m not sure if it counts yet

It does not

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

bump_fn posted:

Congrats on getting through the first half of the game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay posted:

Congrats on getting through the first half of the game.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Image Fight (1CC, 1-ALL)

Classic game. Really cool weapon/speed system. Tough but fair checkpoints. Definitely looking to get the 2-ALL soon

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Shenmue. Playing through the first two before I play the third

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Death Stranding

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
dragons dogma for switch came out this year right? i forgot i beat that a few months ago

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
22+ Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst (Platinum Trophy)

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Mamkute posted:

22+ Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst (Platinum Trophy)

Are you platinuming them all?

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018

Arrhythmia posted:

Are you platinuming them all?

Not right now, I would have to get PS+ membership to gain the "win ten ranked online battles" trophy in 2.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

captain toad. it was charming

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

my morning jackass posted:

captain toad. it was charming
I'd also call out nigh brainless.

I realize how backhanded this sounds but it's very much for a younger audience and that's fine. It's not a difficult game, challenges included, and that's fine but it really offers very little to an older audience aside from being darn cute. Which it is.

Don't get it expecting any sort of challenge is what I'm saying. And while it's fun it got so obvious at a point that having to execute the actions bore me. I get it's cheap but your time has likely more value than six dollars.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

I realize how backhanded this sounds but it's very much for a younger audience and that's fine. It's not a difficult game, challenges included, and that's fine but it really offers very little to an older audience aside from being darn cute. Which it is.

Don't get it expecting any sort of challenge is what I'm saying. And while it's fun it got so obvious at a point that having to execute the actions bore me. I get it's cheap but your time has likely more value than six dollars.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

American McGay posted:

Lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay posted:

lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Hollow Knight
Death Stranding

Both masterpieces I was totally hooked on for 100+ hours

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

These colorful wooden beads are on metal tracks. No matter how many times you move them, you can always predict where they will travel. Quite frankly, I am tired of being at the library. I would find it far more rewarding to go home and eat a sammich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay posted: