Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
kanye west is a jackass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
pierre delecto

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
ben affleck strongarming henry louis gates to cover up his slave-owning ancestors (not really political, but gates-related...)

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Karl Rove refusing to accept that Obama won Ohio

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
When Hillary was on that radio show and said she always carried hot sauce with her

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

lmao Dukakis was seen as unpresidential because he rode on a tank.

in my lifetime, the republicans have won presidency five times, twice while having lost the popular vote. my 1st GOPresident had brain worms and his wife, known as the blow job queen, was super into the occult. The next guy was a cia spook, and next his idiot son. then came the game show host.

christ, the democrats suck so much rear end and all politics is funny poo poo you suddenly remember if you spend any time just pondering how we got here lmao

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
it's because republicans are willing to say and do the things that their base desires

yet for some reason democrats won't do that, it's quite strange

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Inceltown posted:

This is more of an update than a suddenly remember but a right wing shithead ex-senator just got told by the court he needs to pay a lefty lady $120, for calling her a slut. Well technically it was for not being able to prove she did say "all men are rapists" but potatoes potatoes.

https://twitter.com/JennaPrice/status/1198831465951182848

Looks like you forgot a k there buddy :10bux:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I did forget a k there, $120k is a very different story. He's also crowdfunding $100k because lol at the idea of paying for your own gently caress ups.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
*cough* Israel Folau *cough *

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it's because republicans are willing to say and do the things that their base desires

it’s almost like democrats both aren’t afraid of and don’t give a poo poo about their base because they are just fine with republicans running everything as long as they personally are well off

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Mind_Taker posted:

it’s almost like democrats both aren’t afraid of and don’t give a poo poo about their base because they are just fine with republicans running everything as long as they personally are well off

Why, if we go down this road of reasoning, one might conclude that while the bases of the two parties are distinct, the actual politicians and party apparatchiks are indistinguishable by their positions and actions.

If that were true, though, that would mean that democracy in the American context is wholly meaningless.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

LastInLine posted:

Why, if we go down this road of reasoning, one might conclude that while the bases of the two parties are distinct, the actual politicians and party apparatchiks are indistinguishable by their positions and actions.

If that were true, though, that would mean that democracy in the American context is wholly meaningless.

welp :911:

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Flavius Aetass posted:

pierre delecto

When asked if the account was his, Romney's response was, "C'est moi."

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

wait it's not detecto? lol I might just keep thinking it is

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Inceltown posted:

I did forget a k there, $120k is a very different story. He's also crowdfunding $100k because lol at the idea of paying for your own gently caress ups.

On the bright side, then you get 120k and also make a bunch of idiots lose money dying on the hill of defending a moron. It's irritating but it's ultimately still a win

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

The Republicans are willing to say and do things that their base desires.

Democrats are willing to do the exact same thing.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

The GOP fears their base while the democrats views theirs with contempt.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The GOP base is organized and disciplined in extra-party organizations like the Evangelical churches and the NRA. Added to these are the mass of moneyed suburban shitheads who don’t need organized to know and vote their class interests. It’s a formidable electoral force

GalacticAcid has issued a correction as of 01:59 on Nov 26, 2019

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

americas joke of a political system gives republicans a massive advantage too

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

babypolis posted:

americas joke of a political system gives republicans a massive advantage too

Yes, this too

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

mooyashi posted:

kanye west is a jackass

People getting mad that he said that

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

taqueso posted:

wait it's not detecto? lol I might just keep thinking it is

imo delecto is funnier (it means "i delight" in latin)

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Every time I see a Chris cillizza article (guy is Keith olbermann style rambling), can’t stop thinking about him being an open foot fetishist

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Its cause the R base wants racism, which isnt what the donor class cares about, but isnt in opposition to it either. The D base is pretty much directly opposed to the donor class. D establishment views their job as doing the minimum leftism necessary to stave off mass unrest/revolution. They are servants of the donor class, working to protect the donor class from their own worst excesses.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
dems = voluntary controlled opposition

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The time foot fetishists debunked the AOC nudes.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
and then i learned there's a celebrity foot wiki

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
the RNC hack HAS to have a bunch of grimy old racists emailing their dicks all over the place

Stunning Honky has issued a correction as of 21:29 on Nov 27, 2019

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG-_ZDrypec

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
ugh fuckin christ

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

https://twitter.com/drankwilliamsjr/status/1196980341724123136

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Ted Cruz is the Zodiac Killer (and his dad killed JFK)

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Turn's out it's Jeb!'s dad that killed JFK

*helped kill JFK

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
buzzfeed hamilton slack

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

GalacticAcid posted:

buzzfeed hamilton slack

I was having a good day.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
the gigantic utter shitshow that resulted from a football person sitting down at the nominally incorrect time on tv

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
That senator from idaho that got caught being gay in the bathroom of the airport and when he got caught he asked the cops if being a US senator would help him out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

CongoJack posted:

That senator from idaho that got caught being gay in the bathroom of the airport and when he got caught he asked the cops if being a US senator would help him out.

"Wide stance"

The press conference where he insisted he is not gay while his wife stood next to him with a 1000 yard stare