Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

does anyone have opinions on which company makes the best mp-style minibots? i'm interested in cosmos, seaspray, and warpath primarily.

Wait for Fanstoys' Seaspray v.2 and Warpath next year. As for Cosmos, I went with XTransbots Klaatu, who's pretty big for a minibot but looks the most like the cartoon model of the ones available, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
DX9's Powerglide is legit and the AOD KO can be had for $25.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Ah screw it, here's my current MP Minibot lineup, minus Bumblebee who's the Takara MP.

Badcube Huff, Badcube Brawny (will be replaced by FT's), Badcube Grump, XTB Toro, XTB Boost

Fanstoys Spindrift (will be replaced by v2), DX9 Richthofen, XTB Arkose (will probably be replaced by FT's)

Badcube Wardog (will be replaced by FT's), XTB Klaatu

XTB Hatch, Badcube Backland, Badcube Slick, Badcube Piper, XTB Coprimozzo

XTB Ollie v2

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've always liked how squat Badcube's Wardog is but his transformation looks like a nightmare. I've got a preorder in on the FT version, whom I have previously described as looking like a "tank elf", but the last round of pictures made him look p decent

E: I think I need to play with my MPs more, look what fell out of Shockwave

Phy fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 24, 2019

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Phy posted:

E: I think I need to play with my MPs more, look what fell out of Shockwave

drat it I was about to make a cassette box joke until I noticed you said Shockwave. Can you please put the spider in Soundwave then post again?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Rhyno posted:

DX9's Powerglide is legit and the AOD KO can be had for $25.

I had no idea I could get a good Powerglide that cheap, time to do a stop motion re-enactment of The Girl Who Loved Powerglide.

edit: lol I posted this before I looked up the toy and found out it comes with the girl from that episode

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Nov 25, 2019

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Knormal posted:

drat it I was about to make a cassette box joke until I noticed you said Shockwave. Can you please put the spider in Soundwave then post again?

Lol, guess what

So I had previously put Soundwave into tape player mode and he was hanging out on another shelf while I moved Shockwave and transformed Starscream. Once I put Starscream back, I picked up Soundwave and the goddamn spider dropped out of him too

Little girl loves her some Decepticons

(I relocated her down to the basement where there's probably gonna be more bugs to kill. But she's a jumping spider so I wouldn't be surprised if she did truck her way back up here)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

It’s been a minute since I laughed out loud and had to pause a Thew review, so enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6KlyCKWWB0

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I genuinely love the design of that figure. I'd love to see a proper update of it

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
He makes a great point, they should use the Seige Mirage mold for one.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

It’s been a minute since I laughed out loud and had to pause a Thew review, so enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6KlyCKWWB0
The grey backpack thing's supposed to hold the Powermaster in robot mode. I'm surprised the general size and head notch didn't give it away.

That was one of the few Powermasters I had as a kid, and it would make a pretty good reuse of Siege Mirage. But since we already got the transparent Mirage as the mold reuse, I doubt it'll happen.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Keldroc posted:

Ah screw it, here's my current MP Minibot lineup, minus Bumblebee who's the Takara MP.

Badcube Huff, Badcube Brawny (will be replaced by FT's), Badcube Grump, XTB Toro, XTB Boost

Fanstoys Spindrift (will be replaced by v2), DX9 Richthofen, XTB Arkose (will probably be replaced by FT's)

Badcube Wardog (will be replaced by FT's), XTB Klaatu

XTB Hatch, Badcube Backland, Badcube Slick, Badcube Piper, XTB Coprimozzo

XTB Ollie v2

i really like that xtb cosmos and the dx9 powerglide. the badcube warpath is a very cool design, but if he's breakable and hard to transform i'll probably not get him. thanks for all the pictures, it's nice to see how they look next to toys that i've seen in person before. i think all the badcube ones have an appealing style to them, they look like really good Generations style designs of those G1 characters.

if i am lucky my sovereign and gewalt will get here tonight. I say if i am lucky because there is still a chance the sovereign was a scam, and because the gewalt is being delivered by hermes, the worst delivery service on earth.

edit: i went digging through my box of dubious-condition transformers who were stored in the hell house, and dug out some classic heroes:

Optimus' arm fell off when i picked him up :(. But he's an original, first batch G1 one, he was old when i got him as a little kid at a car boot sale. The goldbug was sent to me by hasbro, along with grimlock, when my onslaught's arms kept breaking off and my dad sent them an angry letter. The predator jet I didn't realise I still had, I was very glad to see him. he set me on my way to a lifelon love of bright hideous colours.

and the swindle, despite being in garbage condition, was bought new for me when he was reissued in europe. all the wear and tear on it is from me playing with it as a kid. I was a careful kid too, swindle was just my favourite. all his stickers are worn off from being loved. I'm really glad I still have him, I was worried he'd got lost in some shuffle along the way. my little yellow homie is still with me after all these years, it's a relief because i've had a tough time in life lately.

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Nov 25, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay so now I have two 3P MotorMasters on preorder.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

today just keeps on hittin'!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

That is quite good. I'd go for it if I wasn't concerned he'll be noticeably shorter than the FT combiners.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
a combiner with All Built In technology is intrinsically superior to an overinflated monstrosity with Kibble Jorts. Ocular Max will be my first MP Combiner.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

theres an upgrade kit with shoes that make him taller also

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

a combiner with All Built In technology is intrinsically superior to an overinflated monstrosity with Kibble Jorts. Ocular Max will be my first MP Combiner.

Nah, this ain't better than FT or Zeta, and while the rest of it's great, those feet look idiotic. The upgrade kit is mandatory (and really should be included with the final figure, but oh well). My interest comes from having a Bruticus now rather than four years from now. I have zero doubt I'd replace it with FT's Combaticons when the time comes.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i'm still torn on it. I think if size wasn't a concern i would be all in on them, i like the engineering enough. I think someone said he's going to be 18" tall, which puts him at the same size as my jinbao devastator (at least without the thigh extenders). I don't know how tall he is with his shoes though.

the other problem I have is that Onslaught has weirdly short legs in that set.

I don't know though. it could be one of those things that looks one way in photos and is different irl, like how flat Spoiler is (side photo looked grim, irl he looks great). i have swindle in-hand and he is very nice, he feels good, and he feels toy-like enough that I am happy transforming him much more than I am transforming my fanstoys guys. I managed to very, very slightly scratch the paint on road king's arm and somehow this has traumatized me. I've transformed Spoiler 10s of times with no issue, however.

i was worried Gewalt's head showing in tank mode would ruin it for me, but it turns out that in real life you never really view it from an angle where you can see the head in tank mode. i'm probably not gonna put him in tank mode very often though, his robot mode is about perfect for what I want out of a blitzwing and it's very clean from all angles.

also, can third parties please start shipping their toys with happy faces. it's the face I use on megatron, and the stunticons look really miserable that their buddy galvatron has arrived:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Keldroc posted:

That is quite good. I'd go for it if I wasn't concerned he'll be noticeably shorter than the FT combiners.

ahahahahahaha

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
You talking about the crotch thrust? Check out Sunstreaker there too.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

His thighs/knees look like little legs.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Open Marriage Night posted:

His thighs/knees look like little legs.

They pretty much are

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeah the leg conversion does nothing to hide onslaught's feet so it just looks like a very short man standing on a tank and a jeep

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Does the foot flap swivel upward?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
All Duff man all the time

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Captain Invictus posted:

yeah the leg conversion does nothing to hide onslaught's feet so it just looks like a very short man standing on a tank and a jeep

oh poo poo lol

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

gewalt scales surprisingly well in his mig mode, i wish i had one of the lambo autobots to compare him to, and a proper camera so i could get the same kind of wide angle effect the real photo has.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
TFSource has their Black Friday stuff starting up

https://tfsource.com/black-friday/

Maketoys Headmasters for $60 is killer. Devil Stinger for $200 is also super tempting.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

man i wish import fees didn't kill me on stuff from the US. the uk sites have an extremely underwhelming black friday selection. i can get the golden toilet transformer on discount, and £50 off masterpiece artfire, and thats about it

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Black Friday is an American holiday anyways.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Black Friday is an American holiday anyways.

we end up with american everything else, the least we could get in return is fabulous bargains on stuff we don't need.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Man, I never thought about it, but do the english just accept christmas stuff showing up in October since they don't have anything between then and the holiday?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

yes, and it sucks rear end. the christmas displays are out before halloween is even over, and it's disrespectful to Satan. Thanksgiving has always seemed weirdly redundant to me. a second, poultry-and-family-gathering themed holiday just a month before christmas? seems like a real pain in the rear end having to organise all that twice in a row.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Genocide and Paganism go hand in hand.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

yes, and it sucks rear end. the christmas displays are out before halloween is even over, and it's disrespectful to Satan. Thanksgiving has always seemed weirdly redundant to me. a second, poultry-and-family-gathering themed holiday just a month before christmas? seems like a real pain in the rear end having to organise all that twice in a row.

In Canada we do thanksgiving in October (but we still have Black Friday sales in November because we all suckle at the teat of Mammon, though this is a relatively new development, like within the last ten or so years. This is in addition to having done Boxing Day on December 26 since well before Black Friday was ever even a thing in the states. In many provinces Boxing Day is even a statutory holiday)

(and I get irascible about seeing Chrimsas decorations up before Remembrance Day)

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

We generally don't eat turkey for christmas after getting through all the thanksgiving leftovers.

Halloween's pretty much the only big holiday that doesn't largely boil down to having a good meal and getting together with friends/family.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Halloween has almost no special meaning anymore as YOUTHS today will dress up like idiots any day of the year.

But seriously, there's major conventions every weekend all over the drat country where you can be inundated by people who's parents disnt love them enough so they have to prance around in a costume.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

Halloween has almost no special meaning anymore as YOUTHS today will dress up like idiots any day of the year.

But seriously, there's major conventions every weekend all over the drat country where you can be inundated by people who's parents disnt love them enough so they have to prance around in a costume.

I don't disagree, I'm also jealous of their youth and vitality. Youth is wasted on the young, amirite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

I do this too only the charact I'm cosplaying as is "effective and competent employee with a mortgage and an office"