Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
https://twitter.com/ericafails/status/1199034432683986944?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well now I have nowhere to tell her to stick it. Utter genius.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/slasherdaysaint/status/1198622798027067394

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Oof, that makes me really sad :(

Mark McGrath wants to kill himself :( :(

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/gen_ironicus/status/1199066249965318145?s=21

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I've never seen that movie and I'm never gonna

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Oof, that makes me really sad :(

Mark McGrath wants to kill himself :( :(

He apparently did that for just $100

https://www.cameo.com/markmcgrath

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Skwirl posted:

He apparently did that for just $100

https://www.cameo.com/markmcgrath

Cameo makes me want to kill myself

what a litany of woe that website is

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Who’s the highest tier celeb on that thing

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

zoux posted:

Who’s the highest tier celeb on that thing

They actually have some A listers. Or at least A list adjacent.

https://www.cameo.com/c/legends

Ice T, Dennis Rodman, Brett Favre, Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Jesus, Criss Angel costs twice what Ice-T costs. also only 1 review versus the several hundred Ice T has, so I think it's been more rewarding for T.

Air Skwirl has a new favorite as of 22:47 on Nov 25, 2019

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Skwirl posted:

They actually have some A listers. Or at least A list adjacent.

https://www.cameo.com/c/legends

Ice T, Dennis Rodman, Brett Favre, Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Jesus, Criss Angel costs twice what Ice-T costs. also only 1 review versus the several hundred Ice T has, so I think it's been more rewarding for T.

It makes sense. Ice T is way more known for things he says, Criss Angel is more of a doer, so unless you want a lame magic trick done on 30 seconds while he also wishes you a tip top tet, it's kinda worthless to hire Criss.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It makes sense. Ice T is way more known for things he says, Criss Angel is more of a doer, so unless you want a lame magic trick done on 30 seconds while he also wishes you a tip top tet, it's kinda worthless to hire Criss.

I'm just amazed he thinks he's worth a grand.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

drinking piss is also an ancient taoist practice.

e: has to be your own, though. the road to power is a lonely one.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/marysuewriter/status/1199084516989644801?s=21

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Or nursophobia

The flaming lip
Oct 1, 2005
Likes shitty music
Sarah z owns

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Rude to nurses imo, I would have said HR

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Thots and Prayers posted:

Don't worry, he thinks we're a Garfield fan forum. They will cross literal continents to eat there, getting a shoutout will seem like nermal superfan behavior.

https://www.cameo.com/v/5d9553f4863dae0132b8ab37

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Can 100% confirm.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

nah it's pretty much accurate if you're not a patient(or probably accurate even then)

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

It's a poo poo tweet. Why you hating on nurses?

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Chrpno posted:

That tweet is responding to a really gross hashtag nurses were using to make fun of patients who are "fakers," a pervasive and unprofessional attitude rooted in racism and a lot of other bigotries that literally kills people. If you don't know how nurses can be bullies you must be the sort of person they aren't biased against, same as with cops.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Chrpno posted:

because there's a lot of lovely nurses

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The weirdest thing is how a lot of nurses believe in alternative therapy like crystals and anti Vax

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

extremely online posted:

That tweet is responding to a really gross hashtag nurses were using to make fun of patients who are "fakers," a pervasive and unprofessional attitude rooted in racism and a lot of other bigotries that literally kills people. If you don't know how nurses can be bullies you must be the sort of person they aren't biased against, same as with cops.

My mom spent 35 days in the hospital 9 years ago for undiagnosed gallstones that led to pancreatitis. She came incredibly close to dying, to the point where the doctors were basically resigned to her not surviving the operation.

One nurse was convinced that she actually had the disease due to alcoholism and abused her terribly, including wrapping her in the sheets until she couldn’t move and berating her for “doing this to herself.” Because of her illness she was barely lucid enough to defend herself and suffered for a while before she could tell a doctor what was going on.

Imagine taking a job that’s all about helping suffering people and using it as an opportunity to hurt them.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Nurses are great people until they take a single step outside of work whereupon they become insufferable.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Cameo rules I got the guy who voices Roadhog in Overwatch to say trans rights are human rights.

On the other hand, nurses suck because they keep telling me to piss in a cup but get mad when I tell em I brought my own cup from home and ask if I get free refills on it.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

extremely online posted:

Didn't the person who started it end up being a marketer for a tech firm?

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

MizPiz posted:

Didn't the person who started it end up being a marketer for a tech firm?

Unless that person also made up all the content, I don't see how that really matters. lovely people outing themselves in tweets as lovely people is one of the pillars of this thread. Or IOSM I guess, depending on the context.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Nahh, the point behind cameo is to take some self centred fuckwit and pay them to make a complete idiot out of themselves.

Like that rapper that got paid to do a shout out to "my boy George Pell he's doin' hard time now but stay strong brother" or something along those lines.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/harristarrs/status/1198671724163862535?s=19

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

extremely online posted:

I think the lovely attitude is partially a reaction to the opiod epidemic. I've got in-law family who got big into oxy years ago, and they have absolutely faked injuries (or just intentionally injured themselves) to get pills. Thanks, Obama.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I think the lovely attitude is partially a reaction to the opiod epidemic. I've got in-law family who got big into oxy years ago, and they have absolutely faked injuries (or just intentionally injured themselves) to get pills. Thanks, Obama.

It is a factor certainly but the big issue in medical care (not just nurses but EMT, Paramedic, doctor, firefighters (most do medical now also)) is the systemic healthcare issues in America that are a result of no M4A, almost non-existent support for various addictions, and then a good dose of systemic racism that has caused a large percentage of the poor to be POC.

From this you get (especially emergency) medical professionals exposed to a huge percentage of their patients being poor or POC and instead of taking a critical step back to understand why it is that the sampling of patients that they end up treating are biased in this way...they do a racism.

Yeah if you could supersize my coke.

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice
Nurses are notorious bullies to other nurses - usually newer, younger ones - to the point where it's actually recognized as an institutional problem. The phrase "nurses eat their young" is a thing.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The weirdest thing is how a lot of nurses believe in alternative therapy like crystals and anti Vax

I worked with a nurse who was a flat-Earther. She asked me if I could see the curvature of the Earth when I flew home from Asia and then was really confused when I said "yes, of course."

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

https://twitter.com/jacobccfisher/status/1198610836341719042

NICE ONE!!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/jamieloftusHELP/status/1199168889164156928?s=19

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

99% of the problems with nurses, in my area at least, can be traced to the fact that medical administration treats them like poo poo and they're made to do forced overtime and in a perpetual state of burnout. That drives them out of their minds and makes them cruel, and there is an internal culture (much like the food industry's) which berates nurses when they complain about it. Some start lovely, but the system makes lots of them worse.

HR people on the other hand are cadaverous ghouls going in because there's no reason to get into HR aside from a desire to lick boots and to enforce arbitrary rules.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Nurses, like cops, are drawn to it not to help but to exercise power over people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Moon Slayer posted:

I worked with a nurse who was a flat-Earther. She asked me if I could see the curvature of the Earth when I flew home from Asia and then was really confused when I said "yes, of course."

one of my fav parts of the netflix flat earth documentary was a guy who used flight patterns to determine the earth was flat, and had apparently never heard flight-tracking sites/apps like skyscanner