Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Yells-At-Clouds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Snake-in-Trousers was surprisingly available, when I made it ages ago.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Does anyone know what unlocks with completing the Exalted Viper quests?

I was doing it for some reason that was pretty important (Probably stupid) and I finished it and I nave no idea what I was trying to unlock.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Philthy posted:

Does anyone know what unlocks with completing the Exalted Viper quests?

I was doing it for some reason that was pretty important (Probably stupid) and I finished it and I nave no idea what I was trying to unlock.

A coffer containing a random Nirnhoned item, it looks like:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Dawn_of_the_Exalted_Viper

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Acht posted:

Is the game taking a turn more experienced players do not prefer?

I've been sitting on a response for this question for quite a while now, and this week's debacle with the Undaunted Celebration has pretty much prompted me to post an actual answer.

Basically, Yes, seems to a lot of vets (myself included) that the studio is far more interested in chasing the casual dollar at the expense of the entire game. Drastic balance changes every three months, game performance constantly deteriorating with each major update, and a lack of communication all pretty much mix and match into the perfect shitstorm.

I've already unsubbed (after nearly 5 years; yeah, I was in from the start), and my playtime has basically vanished in favor of other games. Little motivation to log on when you don't know if you're going to be able to play or not.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Scyantific posted:

Basically, Yes, seems to a lot of vets (myself included) that the studio is far more interested in chasing the casual dollar at the expense of the entire game. Drastic balance changes every three months, game performance constantly deteriorating with each major update, and a lack of communication all pretty much mix and match into the perfect shitstorm.

Pretty much. I too had been subbed for years before I recently called it quits. The insane seesaw changes of the combat dev team (who don't seem to have a clue what, exactly, they're trying to balance) is what initially drove me away. It got tiring have to rebuild all of my characters every three months because those two morons can't get their poo poo together. In hindsight though (and obviously far worse than their lovely combat devs), it's apparent that the game has basically become window dressing for the crown store. The game is falling apart around it, they can't implement a functioning loving dungeon finder after five years, and it genuinely seems like none of that matters so long as they're raking in cash from whales inserting their credit card to buy crown crates.

Don't get me wrong - you'll have a blast playing it casually. The overland content can keep an Elder Scrolls fan occupied for a long while and it's genuinely fun. At endgame (or the lack thereof) is when you start to notice how piss poor both the dev direction and actual care for the game's well-being is.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
Yeah, I am currently at CP 130'ish, working to that elusive 160. Between running a daily dungeon, writs and some light questing, it's fairly fun for a short period of time. The joy so far comes from a guild I joined that plans specific events nearly every evening. So I experienced a bit of Cyr pvp, world bosses, etc.
That Cyrodiil or something was fun. Shame the performance wasn't too great.

The technical issues are extremely present though; FPS, lag, log-in, keeping your account locked, stuck in dungeon-finder, etc. I can see these things becoming very frustrating. Balance issues are obviously not my concern yet, but that sure doesn't sound good.

I don't understand the crown-store really. I get some crowns for my ESO membership, but what on earth do I spend them on? I thought it would be filled with exotic mounts and pretty dresses, but it all seems fairly bland?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Acht posted:

Yeah, I am currently at CP 130'ish, working to that elusive 160. Between running a daily dungeon, writs and some light questing, it's fairly fun for a short period of time.

Dolmens also give a good deal of XP, IIRC.

Acht posted:

I don't understand the crown-store really. I get some crowns for my ESO membership, but what on earth do I spend them on? I thought it would be filled with exotic mounts and pretty dresses, but it all seems fairly bland?

They add time-limited stuff periodically. Most of it can be safely ignored.

I'd suggest saving up for the assistants. They're on sale for 3,500 each once in a while and are pretty invaluable, you can call them in anywhere and put them in your houses.

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes

Acht posted:

Yeah, I am currently at CP 130'ish, working to that elusive 160. Between running a daily dungeon, writs and some light questing, it's fairly fun for a short period of time. The joy so far comes from a guild I joined that plans specific events nearly every evening. So I experienced a bit of Cyr pvp, world bosses, etc.
That Cyrodiil or something was fun. Shame the performance wasn't too great.

The technical issues are extremely present though; FPS, lag, log-in, keeping your account locked, stuck in dungeon-finder, etc. I can see these things becoming very frustrating. Balance issues are obviously not my concern yet, but that sure doesn't sound good.

All the cool stuff is locked behind crown crates usually. I saved up about 3 months worth of gems and used them on the Halloween crates and though I didn't get much from my pulls, you can turn stuff you don't want into gems that you can use to get the stuff you didn't get. Or just save up for a house. They definitely need to add more unique things to the store though instead of just locked behind crates.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Are there still a lot of opportunities to get free crates? Things like twitch stream viewing bonuses had been good for stocking up on gems.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
I think they give away the odd crate or two from Twitch stuff, but that's it. They were pretty generous giving them away in game for a while with monthly rewards and such, but they knocked that poo poo off in a hurry.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Two Crown Crates as the 25th day reward from this month, and that's the first time we've gotten crates as a daily reward in I don't know how long. Since Murkmire came out, at least?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The crates from the Twitch drops are different from the normal ones. They are basically just potions and poisons with a mount that has worse odds than getting hit by lightning every day for a month straight.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The Free/Twitch crates are just a gateway drug designed to get people hooked on the actual whale crates. Don't buy into them.

Actually just don't give the company money, period. Especially if you're suffering from the constant performance issues.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I've wondered about those twitch crates, after having opened about 10. Surely crates that give you nothing but poo poo will never hook anyone? Shouting from the top of their lungs, "Haha look how bad loot crates are!"

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Aren’t you able to get gems from those twitch crates at least? I remember having enough gems to get all the good crate stuff I wanted without actually buying crates.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
The poverty crates barely give any gems.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Yeah you only get 1 per lovely item. Along with the free ""proper"" crates they've given out along the way I'm now actually above 100 gems. Most of the neat stuff is hideously priced though, of course.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Twitch crates basically sealed my opinion that they're not worth buying.

Not sure that's what they wanted, but here we are.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

the free crates can be a good source of gems for no effort if that's what you want, but afaik (i unsubbed and uninstalled a few months back but still try to check in once a month) the crates havent had a motif or anything for awhile so its not really an interest to me since i dont care about emotes, mounts, pets, etc anymore

motif collecting used to be a big part of my time since i love fashion scrolls but it got kind of overwhelming after awhile

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Finally reinstalling after a while away. Now I see the cat merchant is on sale and I have 9000 crowns but I already have that lame old merchant so it’s hard to justify.

ChaosLady
May 24, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow
Can anyone throw me a guild invite? I'm on PC/NA and my UID is @AngelChaos. I'm low level (only been playing a couple of months) and looking to very occasionally join in some group stuff maybe.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

I’ve got 4900 crowns and a sub. Anything worth buying?

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

fappenmeister posted:

I’ve got 4900 crowns and a sub. Anything worth buying?

Asked this in my guild as well, same situation.
I don't get further than people saying that I could buy the merchant, "I guess".
Otherwise? Chapters maybe?
I'll probably spend them on some dumb mount, but the flashy ones seem to be locked behind the crates.

Speaking of; I got a few free ones apparantly, but jesus are they depressing. Potions, scroll, potions, potions, soul gem, scroll. So exciting.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Acht posted:

Asked this in my guild as well, same situation.
I don't get further than people saying that I could buy the merchant, "I guess".
Otherwise? Chapters maybe?
I'll probably spend them on some dumb mount, but the flashy ones seem to be locked behind the crates.

Speaking of; I got a few free ones apparantly, but jesus are they depressing. Potions, scroll, potions, potions, soul gem, scroll. So exciting.

Ah poop, the offerings are so uninspiring, aren’t they? I never even go to my free house because it seems like a huge pain in the arse to fast travel there.

Edit: I gave up and bought the stupid Dragon Horse.

fappenmeister fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Nov 29, 2019

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

fappenmeister posted:

Ah poop, the offerings are so uninspiring, aren’t they? I never even go to my free house because it seems like a huge pain in the arse to fast travel there.

Edit: I gave up and bought the stupid Dragon Horse.

Hah. :) Grats on your weird thing, enjoy it.
I'll figure out what to do with my points. The housing bit doesn't interest me either, but I generally like dress-up. I'll give them one thing; I really do like the various costumes that you can get.
Got the Scarlet Judge one during a questline and that was a surprise; once I met the character I mumbled that I wanted to look like that.
Maybe there are some fun costumes for grabs.

Or those chapters, which I don't understand yet.
I bought the base game + ESO+. Apparantly that gives me access to everything. Everthing, though, means the base game + all DLC except Elswyr. But also minus something called Chapters.
Are those just storylines in an area I can already visit?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Banker is more handy than the merchant, IMO.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Acht posted:

Or those chapters, which I don't understand yet.
I bought the base game + ESO+. Apparantly that gives me access to everything. Everthing, though, means the base game + all DLC except Elswyr. But also minus something called Chapters.
Are those just storylines in an area I can already visit?

The way I understand it is that a Chapter is the entire current expansion (for now, Elsweyr). Once the next Chapter is released, the previous Chapter gets turned into regular DLC along with the rest of the older ones, and is thus included in ESO+.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Also as best I can tell it's virtually impossible nowadays for a new purchaser to not get a version that includes literally every chapter.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Sounds like I picked the right time to grab this lol.

How much of the OP is still valid with all these new changes, and is there a PS4 goon guild?

ChaosLady
May 24, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow

ChaosLady posted:

Can anyone throw me a guild invite? I'm on PC/NA and my UID is @AngelChaos. I'm low level (only been playing a couple of months) and looking to very occasionally join in some group stuff maybe.

Thanks heaps to the plasticbee :) You are a champ. :)

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
yo, is the membership worth it? I'm thinking about what I want for christmas.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
Yes, with the warning that once you have the craft bag, you're not ever going to want to go without it again. Paying for a subscription gets you an equivalent amount of Crowns to what you'd pay for the Crowns alone, plus there's access to all* DLC content without buying it.

*Does not include the current year's main DLC chapter. So, everything except Elsweyr.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Once you have plus is there any way to go back to not having it? I’m not knocking it but coming back after a year I guess I’d have to sell all the random poo poo packing my bags and bank and forget about crafting or something.

After logging in for the first time in 12 months I maxed out all storage just opening mail, I was thinking about cheating out but I don’t know if I can live like this.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

I assume that you can still drag out items from your crafting bag, but you can't put things into it when off the subscription. Suddenly holding all your materials hostage sounds like too much of a dick move.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

THE BAR posted:

I assume that you can still drag out items from your crafting bag, but you can't put things into it when off the subscription.

This is exactly how it works.

Also, your bank space is doubled with Plus but it won't delete the overage once the subscription drops, it'll just hold 113/100 or whatever until you pull enough stuff out.

Dazzo
Jun 22, 2006

Can I be added to the guild please? IGN is @Aledazzo

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
The long missing frost mare is coming back to the crown store for a minute. I recall folks clamoring for it when the frost skin was introduced last winter event. I guess it pairs nicely? Expensive though, but eh.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

That mount is rad, but for the record they DID bring it back last year, it was a mid-tier item in the Storm Atronach crates, which they brought back near the end of the winter event. I had been waiting a long time for those crates to come back, and I bought a ton of them, and ended up getting the ice horse twice. I made a whole ice-themed alt with the skin, the horse, and the iceheart weapon pack.

I'm glad they're making the ice horse available again for people who don't have it, definitely one of the nicer mounts... but this year's crop of holiday stuff is kind of pathetic if you've been playing for a couple years. Pretty much nothing new on offer, going by their December preview. I'm hoping they come up with one or two new things for the event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Hey all, I'm resubbing after picking up Elswyr for cheap during the Black Friday sales. I last played around the release of Summerset, and managed to lose all of my UI config. I think AUI was a core part of my previous setup, but it's been too long for me to remember the specifics. According to the comments on AUI its not been updated for the most recent patches.

I'm really looking for a way to change the unit and party frames to a more WoW like setup, or more specifically, the setup used in ElvUI. Any suggestions would be appreciated.