Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

tnanz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

holy moley

who is going to get custody of cspam

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Addamere posted:

im just flabbergasted that someone would spend out of pocket to do stuff for their job, like buddy this is capitalism you're not doing this job because you love it you're doing it because you need to eat and that money is food out of your family's mouth

no one in this country would teach if they didnt love it, at least at the start. the pay sucks and the garbageman gets more respect than you do. also the bureaucracy is the worst possible fusion of government and private, thanks to the whims of both the district and the pta. it's hell OP. hell.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

redneck nazgul posted:

pay teachers football coach salaries

and then put the football funds into school supplies

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

truna

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/8CiOj7F.mp4

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

lol at lowtax's child being kidnapped :(

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

miaow

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

:3:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

she's going to get the forums and sell it to Facebook for $6 billion

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

i'm the mere 120 fb reactions for the life shattering event of the guy responsible for all internet subculture

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

HAIL ZUCK

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
trumasld

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

GrimGypsy posted:

i'm the mere 120 fb reactions for the life shattering event of the guy responsible for all internet subculture

I had no idea he was even going through all that. First the medical stuff and now this.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

trumbno

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

weird, what is this strange heavy feeling and deep discomfort i just got from reading something on the internet? might be getting sick idk

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
drat lowtax cannot catch a break :(

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

except in his neck hiyoooo

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
is this the LadyAmbiem or did he marry someone else again

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

heard 30-50 feral hogs killed someone in texas

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

folks i will be here with you all until the very end

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

alnilam posted:

I agree that nobody should ever pay to do their job but this is sadly extremely common for teachers, because many of them care enough about their students that they don't find it personally acceptable to lack supplies important to education and they can't get the money for them so there's not much option left. It's one of the many extremely hosed up things about public education in the US TRUNP

why isnt every single teachers union striking until this is fixed goddamn ugh

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

im still loling at Dog Dick Afternoon

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

tacodaemon posted:

this is true but unfortunately responding to her is pretty unlikely to do anything to change the status quo either

https://mobile.twitter.com/TeenVogue/status/1199139495230214144

Teen vogue: kill you are family

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Addamere posted:

They know that state governments will happily just shut the schools down instead

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nae! posted:

no one in this country would teach if they didnt love it, at least at the start. the pay sucks and the garbageman gets more respect than you do. also the bureaucracy is the worst possible fusion of government and private, thanks to the whims of both the district and the pta. it's hell OP. hell.

arm every teacher in america and let's fix this poo poo

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

They know that state governments will happily just shut the schools down instead

:negative:

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

didnt the dsa thread have a meltdown about the teachers unions

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

not an endorsement posted:

didnt the dsa thread have a meltdown about the teachers unions
your fault for reading it lol

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
want those sweet thanksgiving schadenfreude tweets from q chuds and nazis being rejected by their families

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

that sucks

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Addamere posted:

They actually have been striking like crazy this year. Entire states were getting shut down and the teachers were getting everything they asked for. It turns out shutting down the government funded child care centers that everyone relies on has some knock on effects and grinds business to a halt.

These strikes of course got less coverage in the news than Trump's last retweet. Can't have regular people learning that collective action is an effective tool to oppose the ruling class.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

hahahahahhahahahahaha

the funny thing is deregulation is what's making these feral hogs go so crazy

There are literally no rules in Texas about feral hog hunting. You can kill all the hogs you want whenever you want.

So there are a shitload of businesses that run "come shoot some fuckin hogs!" that are run legally but with no restrictions.

And they're run by loving morons who don't realise how ridiculously fecund feral hogs are and they literally can't kill them faster than they breed.

Capitalism is making feral hogs into a goddamn plague.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

he didn't even make an E/N thread about it smdh

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
jesus, 'tax sure knows how to pick em

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

lol @ the uighurs

https://twitter.com/BethanyAllenEbr/status/1198663008152621057

All prefectures should fully draw on grassroots stability maintenance forces and ten
households joint defense [note: this is a kind of grassroots unit where the CPP organizes ten
households together into a defensive unit] and combine it with "Integrated" platform in series
to analyze these 1,535 people who have obtained foreign nationality and have applied for
Chinese visas, especially the 637 people who have recorded entry in the past one year and the
75 people who have determined to be active in the country. Personal identification verification
should be inspected one by one, for those who have already cancelled their citizenship and for
whom suspected terrorism cannot be ruled out, they should be deported; for those who
haven’t cancelled their citizenship yet and for whom for whom suspected terrorism cannot be
ruled out, they should first be placed into concentrated education and training and examined.

III. In the future, apart from those verified by public security organs, for any person
originally from Xinjiang who obtains foreign nationality or a foreign passport, applies for a visa
at our Chinese embassies or consulates abroad, or for any Xinjiang people who applies for
replacements of valid documents at our Chinese embassies or consulates abroad, the local
party committee political and legal committee should take the lead, fully take advantage of
grassroots stability maintenance forces, the ten household joint defense and the "integrated"
platform in series to analyze them, strengthen research and judgment, and for those whom
suspected terrorism cannot be ruled out, border control should be implemented to carry out
arrest or to refuse approval.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Just had a great idea for a book. The Forgotten Realms of America. Presenting America as a series of D&D maps and kingdoms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Hogs were always a plague, just like us. Our fates are intertwined at the genetic level. Humanity will only die when the last hog is killed.