Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
NGU: Noticed i was closing in on the stats for BTS so i decided to do a several day rebirth.
Finally i had more than the BTS stats, 900e24 power and 750e24 toughness (the BTS enemies has 600e24 in both)
But no, i still almost instantly get killed when entering. Checking the wiki it states you need 3.6e27 power and 1.8e27 toughness for BTS. Huh?
Is this how adventure has always been? I could have sworn i have in the past gauged whether i was ready for a new zone by comparing my adventure stats to the new zone and when mine were higher i could enter and do said zone without a problem. Apparently not.

So my multi day rebirth was completely pointless and has actually set me back instead of being useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Some more upgrades for incremancer: Give your earth golems a chance to reflect bullets via regular upgrade, a prestige upgrade to automate buying regular upgrades, and a second regular upgrade for the graveyard/clicks to produce gigazombies at 5x the base zombie energy price.

Plus, try casting Gigazombies once you have the upgrade unlocked/active. They stack :v:

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Ineptitude posted:

NGU: Noticed i was closing in on the stats for BTS so i decided to do a several day rebirth.
Finally i had more than the BTS stats, 900e24 power and 750e24 toughness (the BTS enemies has 600e24 in both)
But no, i still almost instantly get killed when entering. Checking the wiki it states you need 3.6e27 power and 1.8e27 toughness for BTS. Huh?
Is this how adventure has always been? I could have sworn i have in the past gauged whether i was ready for a new zone by comparing my adventure stats to the new zone and when mine were higher i could enter and do said zone without a problem. Apparently not.

So my multi day rebirth was completely pointless and has actually set me back instead of being useful.

Yeah, it's always been like that. You need significantly higher stats than the enemies in order to make progress.

I'm at 2 Oc / 1 Oc and I can idle-snipe bosses.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Arcanuse posted:

Some more upgrades for incremancer: Give your earth golems a chance to reflect bullets via regular upgrade, a prestige upgrade to automate buying regular upgrades, and a second regular upgrade for the graveyard/clicks to produce gigazombies at 5x the base zombie energy price.

Plus, try casting Gigazombies once you have the upgrade unlocked/active. They stack :v:

I do not see any of this on the domain just for the game, where are you seeing this?

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Kongregate. Could be they haven't moved over the new stuff to the game domain.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
what does personalized insult mean anyway

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Cookie Clicker Mobile progress report: it sucks. Though it has the Grandmapocalypse, no prestige mechanic had been added yet. I'm at 30 Qi cookies, the next upgrade is 100Qi, golden cookies don't seem to spawn anymore.

I'm reduced to opening the game every two days, buying the most I can of whatever building, and bugging Orteil on Twitter if he's ever going to update this thing.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

On the NGU front I find that I'm hitting a hard wall where I can idle Walderp, but I can't progress to the badly-drawn area even while managing combat manually. Is the intended route forward to just idle for like a month to max out the walderp set and do twice-daily yggdrasil/iron pills to slowly ease my adventurer stats up?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Omi no Kami posted:

On the NGU front I find that I'm hitting a hard wall where I can idle Walderp, but I can't progress to the badly-drawn area even while managing combat manually. Is the intended route forward to just idle for like a month to max out the walderp set and do twice-daily yggdrasil/iron pills to slowly ease my adventurer stats up?

If you're not spend in adventure ngu. The soft cap is not as bad as advertised. But yes you've hit an infamous wall

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Eldercain posted:

If you're not spend in adventure ngu. The soft cap is not as bad as advertised. But yes you've hit an infamous wall

Oh cool, I forgot all about the adventurer NGU- I just dumped a crapton of energy into it, since I don't really need wandoos or the time machine while grinding adventurer stuff- thanks! :)

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Francis posted:

what does personalized insult mean anyway

It means if you PM me to claim your insult i will literally do that. I will insult you, right in your face.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I’m just about capped out of Chocolate stuff and eyeing the transition to Evil difficulty. Everyone says that it’s a huge slog so I’m a bit way of actually switching over just yet.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm making my way through that and getting to boss 301 is being way much more of a pain than I was expecting. Should hit it tomorrow, but even then there's basically nothing I can do, or did so far, except wait for my Number, Fruits, Beards, and all the other stuff to boost me.

Samuringa fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Nov 23, 2019

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Merijn posted:

I'm reduced to opening the game every two days, buying the most I can of whatever building, and bugging Orteil on Twitter if he's ever going to update this thing.

...Please tell me you're not actually doing that. There's a reason we only just got a mobile version at all a few months ago.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Omi no Kami posted:

Adventure NGU and Basic Challenges.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Adventure NGU and Basic Challenges.

And Beards, beards are huge

The perks that let you bank beard/training are really good too, since keeping temp levels on this rebirth lets you push further on next rebirth, etc...

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Evolve made a big update, adding Governments and Spies! And another species of Mammal!

I'm doing an Anti-Matter Universe which sucks, especially when I took Centaur as the first choice. Not having your soldiers bringing back food means you have a lot of your citizens farming. :sigh:
Past that, now I'm a god drat Salamander.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I’ve just unlocked beards after a 3 day rebirth with Energy Potion Beta active.

Conscious I’ve got 2x power, what should I use that on before I rebirth? Should I get beards to a certain level or some NGU’s?

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Stumbled across this thread and tried out NGU - dear god this is weapons grade stuff.

Am still very early on but noticing a real struggle to get my number past the low Decillions. So far I've just been trying to dump as much energy as possibe into augmentation to push bosses, but not idea if that's the best approach? Should I be speedrunning and pumping XP into something other than Energy?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

bubbapook posted:

Stumbled across this thread and tried out NGU - dear god this is weapons grade stuff.

Am still very early on but noticing a real struggle to get my number past the low Decillions. So far I've just been trying to dump as much energy as possibe into augmentation to push bosses, but not idea if that's the best approach? Should I be speedrunning and pumping XP into something other than Energy?

Adventure mode is where you unlock real progress with new features, so don't neglect it. Collecting/leveling up/boosting new sets is important.

Don't worry about always making your number go up - aside from earning exp from defeating bosses, and unlocking new adventure zones, pushing deep into bosses isn't that vital. This is why some of the good ways to get exp is to grind out 1-hour resets.

Energy is the most important at the beginning, yes. Try to balance exp spent on cap and power (after you get your speed up pretty well).

Look through all the special/misc tabs for spending exp - Training Auto Advance is really clutch, for example.

Drakonis
Dec 18, 2011

"That will go down among my worst boners."
Is this what it feels like to be posting for free NGU goodness?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
No. (I'm away for a week, but i'll hook you up when I get back!)

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Devor posted:

Adventure mode is where you unlock real progress with new features, so don't neglect it. Collecting/leveling up/boosting new sets is important.

Don't worry about always making your number go up - aside from earning exp from defeating bosses, and unlocking new adventure zones, pushing deep into bosses isn't that vital. This is why some of the good ways to get exp is to grind out 1-hour resets.

Energy is the most important at the beginning, yes. Try to balance exp spent on cap and power (after you get your speed up pretty well).

Look through all the special/misc tabs for spending exp - Training Auto Advance is really clutch, for example.

Thanks! So I've been focusing on Adventure Mode, but I hit a total wall at the Sky level, where I'm like 100 toughness below what's needed and nearly all of my gear is fully boosted for its level - should I just dump XP into adventure stats until I can handle Sky?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

bubbapook posted:

nah, augmentations are the easiest early way to punch above your weight limit, just kind of keep a balanced strategy for which ones you use until you clear boss 35, at which point you can kind of just ignore everything that isn't safety scissors for a long while

you should be doing roughly hour runs at this point, you need to be lowering the basic training energy requirements, and pushing number as much as you can. basic training will always cap out around 29 minutes if you cap the bars

you should start spending EXP on the adventure stuff when you clear boss 58 and you're going to see a transition into longer runs (once the basic training ends)

bubbapook posted:

Thanks! So I've been focusing on Adventure Mode, but I hit a total wall at the Sky level, where I'm like 100 toughness below what's needed and nearly all of my gear is fully boosted for its level - should I just dump XP into adventure stats until I can handle Sky?

if you got a key from the sky, use it, enter the ITOPOD and try to do some of the lower levels, get 5 perk points and spend them on the 5 newbie packs

otherwise try to make up some of the difference with advanced training (it can exceed 100%)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

bubbapook posted:

At least as for when you're that early on the general rule of thumb is that spending XP on E/M to get resources that let you do stuff like buy more augmentations will benefit you more in the long run. I mostly ignored buying Adv stats for XP until I was way deeper into the game and getting tens of millions of XP to spend on a rebirth. Devor's referring to is the stuff in the Adv Special and Misc tabs like the Loot filters and training auto advance that will make runs gradually easier for you.

mrbasehart
Jul 19, 2010
I've found myself a little bit stuck on NGU. I've maxed out the Megalands gear, but I'm not getting anywhere near putting a dent in UUG. Should I be focusing on NGU or challenges to help me out? I'm probably missing something obvious, but I would appreciate the help nonetheless!

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

mrbasehart posted:

I've found myself a little bit stuck on NGU. I've maxed out the Megalands gear, but I'm not getting anywhere near putting a dent in UUG. Should I be focusing on NGU or challenges to help me out? I'm probably missing something obvious, but I would appreciate the help nonetheless!

I popped the Beta Power potion and did a long rebirth throwing all energy into Adventure Stat NGU and Advanced Training.

UUG has a quirk that you may want to check the NGU wiki about

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

bubbapook posted:

Buying stats directly with exp is kind of a trap - it's sort of "wasted" once you tier up to the next rung of equipment. It doesn't matter that you bough 100 power when your equipment is giving you 10,000 now, and that exp as energy power could be helpful.

Is your gear maxed out at level 100? That essentially doubles the stats once you boost it completely.

Are you wearing the stats you need (power and toughness) in your accessory slots? You'll have choices about what to wear throughout the game. Combat cheese is your go-to at this point when you're wanting power/toughness.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Devor posted:

Buying stats directly with exp is kind of a trap - it's sort of "wasted" once you tier up to the next rung of equipment. It doesn't matter that you bough 100 power when your equipment is giving you 10,000 now, and that exp as energy power could be helpful.

Is your gear maxed out at level 100? That essentially doubles the stats once you boost it completely.

Are you wearing the stats you need (power and toughness) in your accessory slots? You'll have choices about what to wear throughout the game. Combat cheese is your go-to at this point when you're wanting power/toughness.

Yep, got Combat Cheese and Mossy Ring atm. Will avoid dumping XP into adventure stats as what you said makes sense. Will just keep pushing up Energy Speed / Power and the cap (I'm only at 230k energy so far)

mrbasehart
Jul 19, 2010

Oodles posted:

I popped the Beta Power potion and did a long rebirth throwing all energy into Adventure Stat NGU and Advanced Training.

UUG has a quirk that you may want to check the NGU wiki about

Nice! I would have never figured that out.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
NGU

Dual Wielding Wish Question

So I unlocked both from the Troll Challenge. I maxed out the first wish, so 50% if the math is right, then got 4 levels in the second wish. So 70% ?

But when I fiddle with what weapon goes in what spot the math don't work out to 70% effective in the second spot.

Anybody know how that works?

Edit: Never mind I am bad at basic math

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

bubbapook posted:

Yep, got Combat Cheese and Mossy Ring atm. Will avoid dumping XP into adventure stats as what you said makes sense. Will just keep pushing up Energy Speed / Power and the cap (I'm only at 230k energy so far)

speed hard caps at 50, so make it your first priority for both magic and energy

Lord Banana
Nov 23, 2006

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

speed hard caps at 50, so make it your first priority for both magic and energy

Why can you buy over 50 in speed? Not that I have, just wondering what the point is

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Lord Banana posted:

Why can you buy over 50 in speed? Not that I have, just wondering what the point is

Once upon a time, the design for Evil would've demanded you spend more in Speed. That changed, and IIRC something removed the ability to buy above 50, but some idiots like me bought above that before he removed it. I have 51 energy speed forevermore. 🙃

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Lord Banana posted:

This bug was fixed about 2 years ago. Some people could buy more speed at 50, some couldn't, it depended on rounding because of floats. If you could you were supposed to because you weren't getting full speed and if you couldn't you were at cap.

There was a group of people that wanted to buy past 50 for reasons (it was seriously someone else in discord has 50.1 speed I want it too) 4G let people for a bit then realized that it was causing confusion and put the cap back in place. There is zero reason to have over 50 cap anymore. There was talk about jacking the price up past 50 and making Evil require 500 speed, but that was never implemented. I think it currently stops you from buying over 50.

Kyrosiris posted:

Once upon a time, the design for Evil would've demanded you spend more in Speed. That changed, and IIRC something removed the ability to buy above 50, but some idiots like me bought above that before he removed it. I have 51 energy speed forevermore. 🙃

51.1 :smug: (I bought .1 and was still going at half speed, drat rounding errors during early beta!)

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I'm like 99% sure I have 60 speed and it wouldn't let me buy more after that

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

serefin99 posted:

...Please tell me you're not actually doing that. There's a reason we only just got a mobile version at all a few months ago.

What do you mean? Is he explicitly delaying new stuff when people ask when it's coming? I just asked him once, I phrased that a bit awkward.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Merijn posted:

What do you mean? Is he explicitly delaying new stuff when people ask when it's coming? I just asked him once, I phrased that a bit awkward.

Sorry, from how you worded it, it sounded like you were frequently bothering him about it.

From what I've been able to gather, Cookie Clicker was basically programmed with computers in mind and nothing more. Porting it over to mobile devices isn't as simple as just dragging and dropping the code, Orteil is basically having to rebuild the entire game from the ground up. That's why we only recently got mobile CC, and also why an update for said mobile version isn't likely to come soon.

H2Omelon
Aug 31, 2009
Congrats on NGU Idle getting onto Steam's top releases of October list: https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1630795514034259762

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
NGU

Any tips for late Evil mode. I am currently grinding my way to be able to sniff Rad land. Maxed out the Exile easy drops. Just crawling along doing 24 rebirths doing wishes and and QP grinding.

ScottyJSno fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Nov 26, 2019