Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
does anyone have that big file with all the Rise of Skywalker spoilers? I forgot to save it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

It was so important to JJ that Sheev be a part of this trilogy he left out any mention of him in TFA and forgot to tell the dude doing TLJ about it too.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Snoke is just Sheev spelled poorly

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

I wish we’d gotten Snoke as an actual giant like in his TFA hologram form.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

This is what Baby Yoda is.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Its Coke posted:

does anyone have that big file with all the Rise of Skywalker spoilers? I forgot to save it

https://www.docdroid.net/PDN76rD/the-rise-of-skywalker-spoilerboard-v40.pdf

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

nemesis_hub posted:

I wish we’d gotten Snoke as an actual giant like in his TFA hologram form.

We did. He's like 12 feet tall in the throne room scenes.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

If that's what it is, gently caress this movie.

Robotnik Nudes posted:

This is what Baby Yoda is.

The truth hurts :smith:

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

FlamingLiberal posted:

This snippet from an interview with Abrams definitely doesn't bode well for TRoS

quote:

“Well, when you look at this as nine chapters of a story, perhaps the weirder thing would be if Palpatine didn’t return,” Abrams said. “You just look at what he talks about, who he is, how important hie is, what the story is - strangely, his absence entirely from the third trilogy would be conspicuous.”

If I were Rian Johnson, and had to write a second-movie-in-a-trilogy without any story guidance whatsoever, my blood would be loving boiling after reading this.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

PeterWeller posted:

We did. He's like 12 feet tall in the throne room scenes.

Really? He looked more like 6 feet tall and 6 feet tall to me

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Here's some knights.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Vim Fuego posted:

Really? He looked more like 6 feet tall and 6 feet tall to me

Huh, he looks really huge to me. Especially when he has Rey all close and caresses the side of her face with his monster paw.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Vintersorg posted:

Here's some knights.

Come on, who stole my freshman year sketch book of comics of Boba Fett Jedi?

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Vintersorg posted:

Here's some knights.

Plot twist: they weren't in the last two movies because they got lost on account of not being able to see for poo poo.

Are those horse blinders on one?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Those look like the made up spin-off toys you make when you’re movie doesn’t have enough poo poo in it to make toys from. Like all the gimmicky aliens and marines from the Aliens toys.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i like some of those designs, shame they're being wasted on kylo's putty patrol

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Those look like the made up spin-off toys you make when you’re movie doesn’t have enough poo poo in it to make toys from. Like all the gimmicky aliens and marines from the Aliens toys.

Scorpion and gorilla alien ruled.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I guess they need a new Captain Phasma for this movie

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Boy, there’s a lot of people in here who don’t seem to like Star Wars very much, talking about Star Wars? Have any of you thought about talking about things you like? Because I think everything about ROS looks good so far. JJ is going to knock this out of the park.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

LionArcher posted:

Boy, there’s a lot of people in here who don’t seem to like Star Wars very much, talking about Star Wars? Have any of you thought about talking about things you like? Because I think everything about ROS looks good so far. JJ is going to knock this out of the park.

Mods?!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

LionArcher posted:

what looks good about it?

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
I genuinely liked Rogue One, which is impressive considering what a mess the production on that was supposed to be

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I think the sequel trilogy has been bad but I also think it’s funny how much people in this thread poo poo on like, totally normal looking movie posters or the fact that the knights a few posts up have stupid non functional helmets.

stupid non functional helmets are a standard part of Star Wars. It’s not even the first time a helmet has had horse blinders on it

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

What if samurai inspired but more???

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
A little off topic but anyone who wants a good semi-scifi story with good samurai designs should check of Sound & Fury.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

what looks good about it?

Just about everything? Light saber fight looks good. Palp being back makes sense. Ray training so everyone in this thread who complained she was just “too good” can shut up. The scope. The imagery. A new John Williams score.

People were giving them a hard time yesterday for the clip with classic banter in it, acting like they know it’s bad writing.

It’s not, but I’m not surprised. The people in this thread would probably also make fun of the guy crying watching the first trailer.

Talking about something you used to like and now hate doesn’t make you cool or smart, it makes you a loser. I love Star Wars. Always have. Are there weaker films than other ones? Yes. But I don’t dwell on those. And the new trilogy is so far perfectly solid Star Wars. I don’t love either of them as much as Jedi or Empire, but they are in the mix.

At some point, being toxic about something you love turned into an acceptable form of gate keeping. Look at game of thrones in its last season. The season was a little rushed, but even if they didn’t 100% stick the landing there are still perfectly great parts, and if you look at the story as a whole, it works.

Isn’t life better to be lived enjoying it, rather than just watching things and ripping them apart? Are people’s lives so vile that this is the only way you feel in control?

But actually creating? So much harder to do that, and we’ll, and everyone feels so entitled these days that if it isn’t a classic or great, it’s looked down on. And that’s sad.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Vintersorg posted:

Here's some knights.

I enjoy these Knights of 3edgy5me and their donut steel blades.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

LionArcher posted:

Just about everything? Light saber fight looks good. Palp being back makes sense. Ray training so everyone in this thread who complained she was just “too good” can shut up. The scope. The imagery. A new John Williams score.

People were giving them a hard time yesterday for the clip with classic banter in it, acting like they know it’s bad writing.

It’s not, but I’m not surprised. The people in this thread would probably also make fun of the guy crying watching the first trailer.

Talking about something you used to like and now hate doesn’t make you cool or smart, it makes you a loser. I love Star Wars. Always have. Are there weaker films than other ones? Yes. But I don’t dwell on those. And the new trilogy is so far perfectly solid Star Wars. I don’t love either of them as much as Jedi or Empire, but they are in the mix.

At some point, being toxic about something you love turned into an acceptable form of gate keeping. Look at game of thrones in its last season. The season was a little rushed, but even if they didn’t 100% stick the landing there are still perfectly great parts, and if you look at the story as a whole, it works.

Isn’t life better to be lived enjoying it, rather than just watching things and ripping them apart? Are people’s lives so vile that this is the only way you feel in control?

But actually creating? So much harder to do that, and we’ll, and everyone feels so entitled these days that if it isn’t a classic or great, it’s looked down on. And that’s sad.

Not bad as far as trolls go. You went a little wild in a few spots (telltale sign) but overall managed the tone well. But as with past thread gimmicks I'm skeptical it can be sustained. As a debut, I'll give it a 7/10

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

LionArcher posted:

Palp being back makes sense.

Can someone refer this person to a mental institution

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Maybe they have a Hugo Strange in this universe and, like in Gotham, he is reviving dead villains for shits and gigs.

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer

LionArcher posted:

Ray training so everyone in this thread who complained she was just “too good” can shut up.

Why does she even need to train? Nobody poses a threat to her. Kylo Ren is a bumbling clown she's already defeated once already.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

LionArcher posted:

Sir this is the concessions stand.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

LionArcher posted:

Just about everything? Light saber fight looks good. Palp being back makes sense.

ok lol let's move along people

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The funny thing about “not having palpatine in this story would be crazy!” is that that line of thinking way more makes sense for Anakin who has a major presence as the fallen hero in the PT and the redeemed villain in the OT and who could conceivably appear in the ST as a full on hero/guiding mentor.

But literally no one would want this because it mean

A. Doubling down on the whole “anakin’s force ghost is a 25 year old man for some reason”
B. Bringing back the person who delivered maybe the single worst acting performance in the entire franchise

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Blast Fantasto posted:

The funny thing about “not having palpatine in this story would be crazy!” is that that line of thinking way more makes sense for Anakin who has a major presence as the fallen hero in the PT and the redeemed villain in the OT and who could conceivably appear in the ST as a full on hero/guiding mentor.

A. Doubling down on the whole “anakin’s force ghost is a 25 year old man for some reason”
B. Bringing back the person who delivered maybe the single worst acting performance in the entire franchise

Kylo Ren with cool Vader on one shoulder and lame Anakin on the other

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

LionArcher posted:

Talking about things you like is extremely boring, which is pretty obvious from your post.

Blast Fantasto posted:

It's a part of this weird backtracking where they wanted to start a new saga but somehow managed to gently caress it up, so now JJ is claiming that episode IX actually closes the story that includes the PT and the OT, so of course there has to be Palpatine to tie it to the other films.

Captain Jesus fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Nov 26, 2019

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

banned from Starbucks posted:

It was so important to JJ that Sheev be a part of this trilogy he left out any mention of him in TFA and forgot to tell the dude doing TLJ about it too.

But RJ mentioned Sheev. And if you look at the scope of all 9 movies, palp has been the chief villain. And from a thematic sense, the end of Jedi is the death of the empire by the rebellion, but the Jedi victory is turning Vader back to the light. Vader killing palp to save his son is just the act of him turning good, rather than the key component. So Sheev returning does not take away from the end of ROTJ.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

I feel like if the reaction to TLJ was a lot different we wouldn't be seeing our pal Sheev this time round. They're playing it safe as gently caress.

BiggestBatman
Aug 23, 2018

Blast Fantasto posted:

Natalie Portman wouldn't need to come back for this, so I'm not sure I get your meaning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

kidkissinger posted:

ok lol let's move along people

It does look good. It’s yet another new setting. Ocean lightsaber fight is new, just like the snow was. Visually, it’s interesting, and it fits their fighting styles. Someone who was properly trained but is never in full control of who he is, and someone who’s had less training but is both sure in her intent and guided By a larger force.