Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

That's a pretty nice setup, maybe I'll actually start a new game for once. I've still only got my first, original save file on the default farm.

Originally my excuse was that my original greenhouse had fruit trees on the exterior, non-soil tiles and I didn't want to give that up but seems like that's a thing again since 1.1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Podunkian
Feb 28, 2005

welcome to murder city, i'm the mayor
wow i can't believe it's finally out. i'm excited to see you guys experience the new content first-hand!!!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
This has so much stuff. I can’t wait to try the endgame stuff on my main farm then start a new one

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Four Corners is definitely designed for multiplayer, looks great.

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

This is really cool! A lot of what's been added is stuff I was using mods for, so it's awesome to see the features become part of the base game. Echoing the sentiment that this could have been a paid expansion from other developers.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

quote:

The Forester profession now causes 25% more wood to drop from trees/stumps/logs, instead of raising the value of wood by 50%.

I don't think that's enough to really make it worthwhile but I haven't played 1.3 or 1.4 yet and I know in those material costs go up at Robin's shop after the first year or whatever, but at least it's something that someone could conceivably use at some point

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
So there's a scythe upgrade now? Some kind of massive aoe I assume?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Foo Diddley posted:

The best part of this update is that, while it's playing the title intro thing where the birds fly by and stuff, you can click and it'll take you directly to the menu instead of making you wait. That poo poo has been bothering me since the day the game was released

The other features might be cool, I don't know, I'll have to see

Sweet, there's one mod uninstalled!

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
You can now buy a super-cheap Training Rod from Willy that lets you build up your stat without having to deal with those frustrating uncatchable fish

I love it

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I went into my house in the evening and my cat was asleep on the bed (and I could still get in it). :3:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Foo Diddley posted:

The best part of this update is that, while it's playing the title intro thing where the birds fly by and stuff, you can click and it'll take you directly to the menu instead of making you wait.

It's always done that for me, on Mac. Weird.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

What a massive update holy poo poo. I think ConcernedApe has earned himself another lifelong fan

edit: TRASH BEAR

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Nov 27, 2019

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I know this is going to sound a bit dramatic but I think it's really cool to see a master class game designer just doing his thing and releasing major drops for free. I know this update will likely drive more sales overall (and it's a smart business plan), but it still feels charitable and wholesome.

It's kind of uplifting.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Poil posted:

I went into my house in the evening and my cat was asleep on the bed (and I could still get in it). :3:

can I pay :20bux: for immediate Android update plz

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

sure okay posted:

I know this is going to sound a bit dramatic but I think it's really cool to see a master class game designer just doing his thing and releasing major drops for free. I know this update will likely drive more sales overall (and it's a smart business plan), but it still feels charitable and wholesome.

It's kind of uplifting.

Not empty quoting, because I have to add: gently caress yeah! :toot:

Just waiting for that mobile update, but holy poo poo that changelog.

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
Were ancient seed drops boosted? I just found 3 on Spring 1 day 10 between floors 15 and 21.

Not a bad way to start up a new farm!

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Wife and I started a new farm this afternoon after having not played for like a year or something. I'm really looking forward to this dumb farm game because we desperately need something for destressing us right now.

We picked 4 Corners even though it's just the two of us and decided to lay claim to half the map each so we can do whatever we want.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

TurnipFritter posted:

I don't think that's enough to really make it worthwhile but I haven't played 1.3 or 1.4 yet and I know in those material costs go up at Robin's shop after the first year or whatever, but at least it's something that someone could conceivably use at some point
It's certainly a change I've argued for. Takes the perk from "utterly useless" to "competitive", if nothing else. I can always use more wood. Both level 10 perks on the Gatherer side are still very strong, though.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Nov 27, 2019

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I'm liking the four corners, the clean cut edges are perfect for me.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The early mines have certainly become harder, not the enemies but the mining itself. Starting from floor 15 most rocks suddenly take 5 swings instead of 1 with your starting pickaxe. When I somehow still made it to floor 20, the spiral layout, a large rock blocked my path and all I could do was go back. Guess you can't just barrel down with your starting pickaxe anymore. Makes me very interested in the deeper parts of the mine.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

1.4? Guess it's time to fire this bad boy back up.

Mr. Podunkian
Feb 28, 2005

welcome to murder city, i'm the mayor

Freaksaus posted:

The early mines have certainly become harder, not the enemies but the mining itself. Starting from floor 15 most rocks suddenly take 5 swings instead of 1 with your starting pickaxe. When I somehow still made it to floor 20, the spiral layout, a large rock blocked my path and all I could do was go back. Guess you can't just barrel down with your starting pickaxe anymore. Makes me very interested in the deeper parts of the mine.

that's an issue we accidentally launched with, but it should've been fixed in a hotfix we put out sometime shortly after launch (along with a last minute fix-turn-crash related to sending messages that're just single emojis). if it's still happening though, lemme know and i can make sure it's taken care of

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Podunkian posted:

that's an issue we accidentally launched with, but it should've been fixed in a hotfix we put out sometime shortly after launch (along with a last minute fix-turn-crash related to sending messages that're just single emojis). if it's still happening though, lemme know and i can make sure it's taken care of

Ah, that explains a lot, it was such a sudden thing, but I was too busy playing that I didn't bother checking if it could've been a bug. At least I'll have my pickaxe upgraded nice and early. Now to get through a full day of work first before I can get to my crops.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
"Added hidden subplot if you’ve turned children into doves."

:ohdear:

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
I can't believe you guys haven't mentioned the new gift log. It's amazing

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
This update is the best thing to happen to Stardew Valley. It's like they took a list of most of the annoying things and eliminated them all. Animals are so much better now that you can just walk through them.

Also great to see sheds getting an upgrade. I always hated the barn maze. If my math is right I think it now can hold one more keg than a upgraded barn?

I could go on but I'd be reposting like half of the patch notes. I feel like I owe the team money for this. Maybe I'll buy the soundtrack or something.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ephemeron posted:

"Added hidden subplot if you’ve turned children into doves."

:ohdear:

do they need full plots in a graveyard?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Now all the game needs is a way for it to display villager schedules in some fashion so I can find them easier, showing scarecrow area, Sandy moving in at my farm and way more social interactions with all people. Oh and this and this and also this... :v:

edit
Jodi is washing the dishes a bit low, she's missing the sink entirely.

Poil fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Nov 27, 2019

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

The main two things I miss from modded 1.3 vs. vanilla 1.4 is a map to show where the hell villagers are and a radius display for scarecrows, yeah. Most of the other must-have QoL stuff is now built into the game. Seriously impressed ConcernedApe's still shoving content into this free and not making it paid DLC.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is this update out on Switch yet or is it still PC only?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Some of those QOL changes are insanely good, it's so cool they're adding them in years after release.

Can you edit your dog/cat after starting a game? I've been slowly working through a playthrough and don't really want to restart...

EDIT: apparently you can change it the same way you change your appearance, in the wizards house

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 27, 2019

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Any tips on the hill farm? I just picked it up on switch to re-do. I liked the Forest Farm a lot but the Hill seems very cool.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Scrolling through the patch notes and there's new music!!

Anonymouse Mook
Jul 12, 2006

Showing Vettel the way since 1979

Tender Bender posted:

Scrolling through the patch notes and there's new music!!

14 new tracks, I think. I had bought the OST a few months back and was sent an email with a link to download the new tracks for no cost, which was a nice surprise!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm really glad the dumb chucklefish logo has been patched out. Although that was probably quite some time ago. :toot:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Poil posted:

I'm really glad the dumb chucklefish logo has been patched out. Although that was probably quite some time ago. :toot:

man Chucklefish sucks

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

chairface posted:

The main two things I miss from modded 1.3 vs. vanilla 1.4 is a map to show where the hell villagers are and a radius display for scarecrows, yeah. Most of the other must-have QoL stuff is now built into the game. Seriously impressed ConcernedApe's still shoving content into this free and not making it paid DLC.

Yeah I'm impressed he puts this much time in it still for free updates. If I was in his place I'd have probably hosed off to retire and do rich people stuff as soon as the multiplayer update was pushed out.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
More like Chuckefuck imo

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Zerilan posted:

Yeah I'm impressed he puts this much time in it still for free updates. If I was in his place I'd have probably hosed off to retire and do rich people stuff as soon as the multiplayer update was pushed out.

*monkey's paw curls one finger in and creates Notch 2.0*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Zerilan posted:

If I heard correctly, he sat down with his millions and pondered what he could do with it that would really make him happy. And came to the conclusion that what made him happy was working on Stardew Valley.