Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Awesome! posted:

rank 3 guardian is whaling?

Yes?

EDIT: well, you could also be the crazy person that actually farms those but I usually give people the benefit of the doubt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

eidolons are pretty fun if you are good at them

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Awesome! posted:

eidolons are pretty fun if you are good at them

Uh-huh, good for you, but don't pretend that you aren't whaling that poo poo.
Even the craziest dolon runners don't usually have double energizes.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i bought my rank 3 guardian but since then i have sold more than 10. i farmed my grace. i bought 1 energize and farmed the other. im also not a crazy hardcore eidolon runner. those guys with 5k+ caps have definitely farmed over 20 energizes.

either way, is 200p really whaling out? you can make that much just farming prime crap in a day.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

BMan posted:

I like how simaris is constantly justifying how synthesis is morally correct, and not murder, while I'm out slaughtering enemies by the dozen

Simaris justifies nothing. "You probably think me cruel for killing those creatures over and over... IRRELEVANT! GO INTO GODDAMN NEXT PORTAL" :hitler:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
200p cuts into valuable dress-up budget, anything that isn't spent on fashion is whaling.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'm super interested in Baruuk but I'm stuck on the interminable Fortuna grind from hell. :argh:

I just wanna be a robot monk damnit!

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
If 190p for a max rank guardian is whaling then my plat is megawhale territory. I could buy five of them! :v:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

200p cuts into valuable dress-up budget, anything that isn't spent on fashion is whaling.

This but unironically.

Spending money to make an already hilariously easy game even more devoid of any challenge is bourgeoisie af, while spending that plat on new duds is very *disco*.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Oh Shy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTkSVaYl4zE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKA4F7O-Vno

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Finally settled on a look for Mirage.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mehrunes posted:

How do you build Desert Wind?
This was the highest DPS build before the latest melee patch.

I haven't had the chance to update it yet but I imagine Corrupt Charge would probably be pretty good there somewhere because Desert Wind almost never builds combo in the first place.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

My theory on frame meters is that they're a way to undo some of the damage they've done to pacing with the energy economy. It feels particularly blunt with Baruuk, where it's transparently "we want to limit how much you can use this ability and you can't just pizza/arcane that limit away."

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Guess I'm back on this bullshit. I dropped out when the nightwave/fortuna stuff started. Did nightwave ever turn out to be good/worthwhile?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

TalonDemonKing posted:

Guess I'm back on this bullshit. I dropped out when the nightwave/fortuna stuff started. Did nightwave ever turn out to be good/worthwhile?

I like it. It gives me something to do when I can't think of anything, and it's gotten me to do some things I had been avoiding.

sexual Norm
Aug 23, 2007

It's like shaking hands with a professional armwrestler.
If a weapon is Mastery locked in the market, can I still buy it from another player or can I not equip it until I'm MR-Whatever?

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Market bought weapons can't be traded, I dunno what happens to gifts though. If you're talking prime weapons, you can't get the main BP traded to you until you have the requisite MR, you'll still get the weapon if you buy the prime pack it is from, though.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bummed out because while shooting the breeze I accidentally removed the helminth from my mirage, that's one less frame to spread the love with.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TalonDemonKing posted:

they basically doubled the running time so you can get everything without pressure, and right now season one is repeating so you can catch up easy peasy

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
Are vampire cats in the game now?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Jack Trades posted:

Landing his 2 on enemies gives you meter. Landing your 3 on enemies gives you meter. Having 1 protect you gives you meter.
This you want to maximize your 1,2 and 3 hitting enemies if you want to stay in 4 forever.

If you need a reference here's what a good rear end Baruuk build focused around mass murder looks like:

Baruuk is one of my favoritest boys. :allears:

A little intense on the forma, but looks great. Gotta try this out when I get home

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

New Wave Jose posted:

Are vampire cats in the game now?

Yep, you'll need to make imprints to breed them though. Take a cat to plains at night, let it get bit by a feral vampire cat, scan it, repeat.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Tulip posted:

My theory on frame meters is that they're a way to undo some of the damage they've done to pacing with the energy economy. It feels particularly blunt with Baruuk, where it's transparently "we want to limit how much you can use this ability and you can't just pizza/arcane that limit away."

If limiting your ability to use your 4 was the intent, they hosed it up entirely with baruuk. Spawns willing, once you get going you don't really ever have to turn it off.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

A little intense on the forma, but looks great. Gotta try this out when I get home

It's way more lenient on forma is you use normal mods instead of Umbrals and skip the exilus mod.

Like this:

Blhue posted:

If limiting your ability to use your 4 was the intent, they hosed it up entirely with baruuk. Spawns willing, once you get going you don't really ever have to turn it off.

Yeah, lol. I start every mission with 2 - 3 - 4 and then never turn off the 4 unless I'm very unlucky.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Sharkopath posted:

Bummed out because while shooting the breeze I accidentally removed the helminth from my mirage, that's one less frame to spread the love with.

I though chat was in focus when it wasn't, hit Y and lost my Trinity Prime appearance I've had for about a year. RIP Ivory Bug.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Tylana posted:

I though chat was in focus when it wasn't, hit Y and lost my Trinity Prime appearance I've had for about a year. RIP Ivory Bug.

Too late for you now, but if you alt-f4 while while still in the arsenal it won't save the changes. It's saved me a few times when I've done something similar.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
woop

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

poo poo, I don't even know how to make that yet.

I kinda wish they'd sent you a primer in the in-game mail any time there is a significant change/addition.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Unperson_47 posted:

What was the first frame to have a unique meter? DE seem to like that idea, even giving one to an old frame like Ember.

I would really, really like an overlay for Rhino's Iron Skin.

If Nezha can have one, why not Rhino? :colbert:

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Putting defensive Umbral mods onto Baruuk is fairly inefficient. His base stats are 225 hp and 150 armor. Upgrading to 3x Umbral from base Vitality and Steel Fiber is worth 248 health and 124 armor. He already has essentially 3000+ armor built into his kit. Replacing Fiber with Adaptation is a net +500 armor practically and +2400 in ideal cases. The +22% strength gain is worth 2 extra daggers on his 3 and mostly irrelevant with what you're already gaining from corrupted mods. Baruuk won't die during Adaptation's ramp up so running with it and Vitality is reliable and maintains build flexibility while letting you hold onto those couple extra forma.

gnoma fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Nov 26, 2019

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

Hotfix going up to have a slider for wear and tear in the orbiter (BOO) and no more launching your railjack, heh.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

funkmeister posted:

Hotfix going up to have a slider for wear and tear in the orbiter (BOO) and no more launching your railjack, heh.
Apparently in an extremely DE move the slider only goes up.

What the hell did i buy these 15 floor cleaners for Steve :colbert:

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

iI starts properly at worn ,you decrease it for the pristine wrongness.

I can put up spring decorations ,so that's a thing.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
you can make the wear and tear red for that "I murdered someone in my orbiter" feel

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Do I want Primed Vigor, Primed Fury, or Primed Shred?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I'd say Shred, Quickening is nearly as good as fury now. Vigor is definitely 3rd place.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

prefect posted:

Do I want Primed Vigor, Primed Fury, or Primed Shred?

Shred if you mostly use ranged and Fury is you mostly use melee. Never Vigor.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

That "Dr. Manhattan Jizzed All Over My Orbiter" look.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

That "Dr. Manhattan Jizzed All Over My Orbiter" look.

Is all I can see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Left or Right?