Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Verviticus posted:

i thought it was gonna suck but its deep and big enough that rivens and other psychos cant just use it for free escapes. it comes into play in 2v2s and late game when someone's caught splitting really often and i really like that

that, plus alcove warding, plus buffs to zoe support... it is really meaningful and the more players start to experiment with the space the more combos and options will come up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

gvibes posted:

What the hell is the point of the alcoves? I have played like five games so far and don't recall them ever being used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQXlW0GzlD4

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

gvibes posted:

What the hell is the point of the alcoves? I have played like five games so far and don't recall them ever being used.

More poo poo to worry about, now you might wanna ward there just in case Lee sin hits you with his see q cause you didn't think he was up there...

Really offers skillshot champs another angle to work from.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

My duo and I multiple times last night were able to push a wave in, fake recalling in the bushes but instead sneak into the alcove and let the enemy push too far and then when they tried to recall in a bush we stopped on of their recalls at the last second and caught one of them out for a free kill

Nothing crazy but bushes being all clear now no longer means you're 100% safe

Toxic Mental fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Nov 26, 2019

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Toxic Mental posted:

My duo and I multiple times last night were able to push a wave in, fake recalling in the bushes but instead sneak into the alcove and let the enemy push too far and then when they tried to recall in a bush we stopped on of their recalls at the last second and caught one of them out for a free kill

Nothing crazy but bushes being all clear now no longer means you're 100% safe

Yeah, this has been the biggest advantage of the bushes so far. You have to maintain vision control of the alcove entrance against enemies that can engage on you or it’s an easy way for them to get a flank on you. Engage supports are going to love it.

Also, if you’re a top laner and you ever lose priority over the wave then the only thing that will save you is the enemy jungler ignoring your lane, since you won’t be able to consistently ward against both lane ganks and river ganks.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Blitzcrank and Thresh loving love the alcoves I've learned. Also it's somewhere else a stealth champ can catch you from, so Evelynn and Twitch are going to love them too.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Warding that middle bush is basically enough now since the side ones are smaller, you can be relatively confident you can hit or nearly hit most skillshots blindly in there with like, Xerath W or Soraka Q. People are just not used to it and don’t really think about it much right now, but sneaking into alcove or into a forward bush is easier than ever and those cheese catch plays are great for Lux and Naut support and stuff like that.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

yeah bard can journey from the alcove all the way back to turret

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

From reddit...

quote:

"I want Riot Games to copyright the moon" - CertainlyT. During Aphelios's development cycle, CertainlyT wanted his power level to change based on the phase of the moon IRL. "I want players to go outside, see that it's a full moon and run home to play League"

We didn't deserve CertainlyT, he was at least a decade ahead of other designers.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Ulio posted:

From reddit...

We didn't deserve CertainlyT, he was at least a decade ahead of other designers.

this is some serious Poe's Law poo poo right here

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I like League of Legends, but not as much as CertainlyT likes LSD.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
He seems like a crazy person.

e: it's not a bad thing.

RealityWarCriminal fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 26, 2019

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Let him design his own game where your attack power is based on how many Skylanders you've successfully stacked like a Jenga tower on top of the sensor panel, but leave his poo poo out of the game where there's already 130+ characters, the vast majority of which were not designed by people who would so clearly rather be working on something else.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Super Tired: 5 guns sequentially with no E button
Ultra Wired: Rapid Firecannon Poppy throwing a shield at you from 750 units away

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Just ban tryndamere by the way, I'm just seeing him every game with that stupid blade and it doesn't matter how much he feeds or how fed he gets, eventually he's just gonna splitpush your nexus down.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
too busy doing a Fiddlesticks rework that nonetheless keeps the absolute worst part of his kit to fix Tryndamere

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Action George posted:

Also, if you’re a top laner and you ever lose priority over the wave then the only thing that will save you is the enemy jungler ignoring your lane, since you won’t be able to consistently ward against both lane ganks and river ganks.

Oh great, becasue what this game needed was the junglers deciding the solo lanes in 100% instead of merely 80%.

Ulio posted:

From reddit...

That is the clearest case of Stockholm Syndrome I've ever seen.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 26, 2019

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Do S ranks even exist in this game :( .

Rekt my lane, helped wreck like 6 towers, kept wrecking the enemy team in teamfights, have perfectly decent CS (game length 22:xx)... and yet it's S-minus.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

My buddy played ADC Jayce last night and went 15/1 and only got an S-, in a role with a pickrate of .06 and a winrate in the 30s. I guess he didn't place enough wards to merit a regular S or above.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Dancer posted:

Rekt my lane, helped wreck like 6 towers, kept wrecking the enemy team in teamfights, have perfectly decent CS (game length 22:xx)... and yet it's S-minus.

Some other people are out there getting that score with 200 cs. They are the ones stealing your S and S+ ranks.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Bleck posted:

too busy doing a Fiddlesticks rework that nonetheless keeps the absolute worst part of his kit to fix Tryndamere
Which part's the worst part of Fiddlesticks's kit? I can see an argument for every part including his passive, being the worst.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Dancer posted:

if you had 6.9 cs per minute on trist you would need an insanely high champion damage to get s rank. you probably didnt hit the expected cs numbers for S rank

MikeStmria
Aug 13, 2019

"So it begins.."

Drone_Fragger posted:

Just ban tryndamere by the way, I'm just seeing him every game with that stupid blade and it doesn't matter how much he feeds or how fed he gets, eventually he's just gonna splitpush your nexus down.

Isn't that your regular trynda player. Kindda like nasus ?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Drone_Fragger posted:

Better or worse than the reign of AP Tryndamere years ago?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
god forbid a toplane pick exists that is fun to play or has actual game impact.

MikeStmria
Aug 13, 2019

"So it begins.."

Slaapaav posted:

god forbid a toplane pick exists that is fun to play or has actual game impact.

Let me introduce you to Kled.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Which part's the worst part of Fiddlesticks's kit? I can see an argument for every part including his passive, being the worst.

Let’s be real here, I think we all know it’s the Q

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Toxic Mental posted:

Let’s be real here, I think we all know it’s the Q

quote:

Fiddlesticks’ new kit will be centered around the concept of fear, but it’ll include much more than a point-click status effect (which is staying on the kit).

Welp.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Point & click CC is cool and good, gently caress trying to hit a champion with 3+ dashes with a skillshot.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
game needs op abilites that cant be yasuo windwalled imho

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
poppy w cant block malphite ult or jarvan ult. windwall shouldnt be able to block ultimates

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t think it blocks Luxs, it seemed to work the other day for me.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Braums shield making the ornn goat just disappear is :discourse:

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
they removed trundle pillar giving vision but windwall gets to give vision????

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

It'd be cool if they split Fiddlesticks the lore-character (based around fear, obviously a support) and Fiddlesticks the game-character (3 abilities geared around jungling and then a big-dick support ability) into two, so those of us with fond memories of the days when you'd go unseen for 10 minutes and then CAWCAWCAWCAW as your first gank, could do that again, without feeling like you're wasting King Q

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Invalid Validation posted:

I don’t think it blocks Luxs, it seemed to work the other day for me.

it destroys projectiles, final spark is just a big line AoE

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

goons need point and click abilities because 90% of y'all are old cranky people who have an apm of 3

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Nazzadan posted:

My buddy played ADC Jayce last night and went 15/1 and only got an S-, in a role with a pickrate of .06 and a winrate in the 30s. I guess he didn't place enough wards to merit a regular S or above.

cs?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Nazzadan posted:

could be any number of things. cs, could be damage dealt, towers taken, et cetera. there is a way you can actually compare your score and find out why you did not get s ranks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if you are not getting as high a rank as you think you should it is overwhelmingly likely it is from CS and vision. a lot of people get a lot of kills and do very little else and tell on themselves when they think they should get an S+ lmao