Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

numerrik posted:

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Grisaia games? The trilogy just dropped on switch but I’m only seeing reviews for two of them.

The first game was good, but everything I've heard about the other two implies that they go up their own rear end in a big way. Still, the first game is good enough that I'd recommend it as a standalone, and then you can just make up whatever seems interesting afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
The first Grisaia game takes kind of an Evangelion-ish approach to the harem VN genre by asking "okay, so what kind of trauma might make people act like various anime romcom stereotypes", and then the second and third games increasingly lean into spy-fi harem action drama, so your opinions on them are going to depend on whether you're on board with that fairly specific combination of genres.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

"ZTS has released some Umineko When They Cry songs people have never had a chance to hear. A new album has appeared on Bandcamp called Umineko no Naku Koro ni Unfinished Unused Songs and, as you might guess, features songs that never ended up being finished or used."

https://codeztslabel.bandcamp.com/album/-

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Speaking of music, is there anyway to buy Higurashi's soundtrack? I found a spotify playlist but it seems more like a streaming service.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
dai released a Higurashi Kai soundtrack but I think it would be hard to find copies at this point. Also IIRC even that was still missing a few tracks from the game itself (but you could copy them from the game's BGM folder like always).

Squiddycat posted:

"ZTS has released some Umineko When They Cry songs people have never had a chance to hear. A new album has appeared on Bandcamp called Umineko no Naku Koro ni Unfinished Unused Songs and, as you might guess, features songs that never ended up being finished or used."

https://codeztslabel.bandcamp.com/album/-
This is cool as heck!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Dearest visual novel players,

In addition to reading anime visual novels I play forums mafia. I am currently starting a Umineko, when they cry (chapter 1) forums mafia game, and need 2-3 more players for those interested.

The game takes about 2-3 weeks of real life time, but you can play it whenever you want. Reading thread, and posting 3-4 times a real life day is really all it takes. If you're new people will be kind to you! I Promise! It's like playing mafia or werewolf, but posting on a forum instead of having to talk to real life people, and with characters/mechanics kindof from Umineko part 1! You may die earlier, but it's usually still interesting, and somewhat low commitment!

So if you like murder mysteries (kind of) play forums mafia with us!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903965&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Thank you, we're full now thanks to a few interested people! If you're interested at all I'll be running a few more of these and might stop by to remind this thread first. It can also be fun to read through thread as it's playing to see people yell at each other, and you can ask to 'observe' and I'll put you in a room of behind the scenes people speculating about the game. Thanks visual novel thread!

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Nov 17, 2019

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Will this involve spoilers for Umineko? I've only finished the first 3 chapters so far.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

MegaZeroX posted:

Will this involve spoilers for Umineko? I've only finished the first 3 chapters so far.

It should not involve spoilers! I have not read the answers arc myself, and I hope to only basically include characters from the first chapter and the 'feeling' of umineko from the questions arc. Spoilers are discouraged!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Toalpaz posted:

Dearest visual novel players,

In addition to reading anime visual novels I play forums mafia. I am currently starting a Umineko, when they cry (chapter 1) forums mafia game, and need 2-3 more players for those interested.

The game takes about 2-3 weeks of real life time, but you can play it whenever you want. Reading thread, and posting 3-4 times a real life day is really all it takes. If you're new people will be kind to you! I Promise! It's like playing mafia or werewolf, but posting on a forum instead of having to talk to real life people, and with characters/mechanics kindof from Umineko part 1! You may die earlier, but it's usually still interesting, and somewhat low commitment!

So if you like murder mysteries (kind of) play forums mafia with us!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903965&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Thank you, we're full now thanks to a few interested people! If you're interested at all I'll be running a few more of these and might stop by to remind this thread first. It can also be fun to read through thread as it's playing to see people yell at each other, and you can ask to 'observe' and I'll put you in a room of behind the scenes people speculating about the game. Thanks visual novel thread!

drat I missed this. I hope it goes well and if anyone has to replace out I'm up for it!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Nep-Nep posted:

drat I missed this. I hope it goes well and if anyone has to replace out I'm up for it!

It seems to have had a lot of interest! I'll try and run a chapter 2 sooner rather than later.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
I finished Shining Song StarNova over the weekend. It was good but each route was basically the same in story. You name a center, bad event happens, group gets past it via luck\intervention, group become big idols. The biggest difference was the girl's personality honestly. I can't really say most of them were "bad" routes but I cared for certain ones more. A couple stick out more in "This is how idol culture is" idea than the others.

Spoilers for each girl's route:

Sasami: The focus was her "growing up" from being the Lamb of StarNova. It's too bad they did that by starting her almost getting sexually assaulted then later having her get sexually assaulted but being ok with it somehow? She just appeared to get more jaded then even out between the two personalities at the end. Bleh.

Aki: No surprise, she's pressured by her mom's need for money due to being poor. The script does make sure to hammer home she's not really young so no one feels creepy about the obvious end relationship. It's also there to drive home Oda being a general scum and possibly sexually assaulting Aki in the past. [/spoilers]

Natsuki: [spoiler] There isn't much to say really. She's about as country girl makes it big in the city as it gets. She's absolutely the comic relief and doesn't get too far from it.

Nemu: The entire game never shies away from her having mental issues\yandere stereotype but the explanation of why is kind of weak in the end.

Julie: Honestly, my favorite by the end of everything. A half-american\half-japanese woman who's OK with her sexuality but nearly getting killed uncovers a lot of self-doubt she had. While, obviously, all the girls love Producer, she's a rare occurrence of actually being firm with it from the beginning of her route and fighting to bypass the "Producer must not date his idols" barrier rather than Producer finally realizing near the end that he cares. I feel like this is the darkest version of the group's bad events and it resolves in a more 80s movie way rather than taking the more realistic approach it could've.

Mariya: Her route feels like the intended first route as it not only redeems the grizzled old pessimistic vet but also sets up the opposing idol group as military like and just grinding girls down to show how different StarNova is.

Miku: It really just leans hard into the "She likes anime\manga so she'll get involved with that" angle. She works hard and overcomes harassment due to a TV show she was cast in doing poorly but there's not a ton of growth except her being less of a Chuuni than before?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Okay, I'm on to chapter 4 of Umineko now.

Below has some spoilers for Higurashi as well

Its strange to see Okonogi, and seemingly as a good guy. He would have had to be a partner of Hideyoshi's by 1986, but considering that Higurashi takes place only three years earlier, it seems strange that would have been not dealt some sort of punishment (beyond being fired), and become a business man.

Also, we have like 36 characters with sprites now. People mentioned that this will only go up.

Edit:

Battler's theory about Kinzo being dead already is interesting. It works if we only trust Battler's perspective. He was seen in his own perspective, the in the servants' perspectives, Natsuhi's perspective, and Nanjo's perspective. If all can be considered not real, and if the servants, Krauss, Natsuhi, and Nanjo are all lying, then it works. Of course, it is kind of hard to believe all of them working together to hide this.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Nov 23, 2019

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I’ve been sorta half-watching the Higurashi anime and in Onikakushi, the first time Keiichi meets Ooishi (whole series spoilers) Ooishi implies that while Keiichi’s friends aren’t telling the whole truth, he seems to strongly suspect the true culprit.. Is that the same in the VN? It’s been ages but if that’s the case it really shows how good the series is at misdirection.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Umineko chapter 4:

Hmm, so the first two were diary entries, huh? So they were a version of the witch's account then. Is chapter 3 Ange's theory? But Eva didn't live in chapter 1 and chapter 2. Hmm.

Edit: OK the VN got to that, and the idea was that maybe those were the plans? But the plans didn't work out. Was it because Eva discovered the gold?

Edit 2: Man Umineko's music was already good, but this chapter is taking it to a new level

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 24, 2019

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

More Umineko Chapter 4:

So, on the boat with Ange, it seems to be hinting that if Ange never hurt Maria, this would have never have happened. As in, Maria would have done everything, seeing it as magic in her own eyes, then thrown the message in the bottle. Was there supposed to a parallel incident to 6 year old Ange? I thought the boarding school stuff was supposed to happen later. It also doesn't really make sense that a little kid like Maria could kill everyone.

Edit: The reasoning then for day 3 would be that Maria did die. But MARIA did not. I'm still not sold on this at all

Edit 2: The person who gave Maria the umbrella this time was Kinzo!?

Edit 3: So Gap keeps calling Beatrice "Riiche" and I have no idea what that means. Is that like a last name, or is it a Japanese word that means something?

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Nov 27, 2019

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

MegaZeroX posted:

Edit 3: So Gap keeps calling Beatrice "Riiche" and I have no idea what that means. Is that like a last name, or is it a Japanese word that means something?

I might address Spoiler 0 later, but Beatoriiche -> Beato|riiche -> Riiche.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
spending years thinking her name was pronounced Beet-oh ftw

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Ok thanks! I wouldn't have gotten that since I would have assumed the end of her name would have been pronounced "riss"

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MegaZeroX posted:

Ok thanks! I wouldn't have gotten that since I would have assumed the end of her name would have been pronounced "riss"

It's the Italian Pronunciation.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Umineko Chapter 4:

Hmm, I was banking on the time discrepancy being from the watches being tampered with, but considering that on Battler's side, after getting the materials to set up a barricade, it says it is late at nigh on the 4th still, I can't assume there is much discrepancy from the watches being altered. There could be some, but not much. Certainly, if they were just drugged, they would have to be somewhere in the mansion you can get to quickly from the dining room.

Edit: Oh, so Kanon and Shannon remember the previous times (since they said "Beatrice didn't appear this time"). I'm trying to think of what this implies. Does this mean the different chapters aren't just fake entries from Maria's diary? Or is this just what would be claimed in those diary entries?

Edit 2: Since it got brought up, I also believe that the order sacrifices are chosen isn't random. So far it seems set up in order to deny Battler's theory from the previous day. Chapter 1 was set up and has a Battler with contradictory assumptions. At the end of chapter 2, we got "The murders were carried out by a 19th person, but that 19th person is no witch." Chapter 3 then indicates that there are only 18 people at the island at the start and all of the people known to be on the island are dead or didn't do it. Chapter 4 is currently attempting to refute the assumption that the 18 people on the island at the start are not the 18 expected to be on the island. We even get this with Battler's party confirming the presence of the 5 in the basement. So the only people Battler's party haven't seen or heard from since arriving on the island are Genji and Kinzo.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Nov 27, 2019

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

More Umineko chapter 4:

Okay, now the weird letter things are happening. So far I have only seen two, but I assume there is one for each direction. This is very useful information, since they were sent on October 3rd from Niijima. Those that could have done this are:
  • Jessica (who was at school there on the 3rd)
  • Kinzo, Krauss, or Natsuhi (through ordering a leaving servant to do it)
  • One of the servants of their own volition (as they move off and on the island)

This seems to make those who flew to Niijima innocent (Battler's family, Geroge's family, Maria, and Rosa), since they couldn't have been there at the time. They could have had an accomplice there or something, that seems like it would overcomplicate things.

Edit: I'm getting huge daja-vu vibes from the boat captian house background. I think this was used by an Ace Attorney fangame I played once. IIRC it was called Conflict of Interest. I'm like 90% sure that this is where they deja-vu is from.

Edit 2: Hmm. We only got to figure out 3/4 letters, assuming one for each direction. North went to Nanjo's son. West went to Kumasawa's son. One of the directions went to Ange. There is still an unaccounted for direction. Who could this be? The only thing I could think of is if Gohda had kids. Because the rest of the Ushiromiya's died, and the furniture certainly didn't have children. Also, there were many lockers (apparently around 20). So, did someone get more keys than everyone else? Was this Ange, and she can't remember? Or was it the mysterious 4th person?

Edit 3: Wait, what did Ange see in the darkness? :argh:

Edit 4: Wild prediction: Kinzo is looking for them to actually break instructions. The one who breaks instructions will be selected. If no one does, then no one becomes the successor.

Edit 5: Even hearing the content of the first 2 letters now, I still think Kinzo wants them to choose the 4th option, since that what he has chosen.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Nov 27, 2019

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

More Umineko Chapter 4:

OMG I love Goat-kun

Edit: Hmm, Jessica calling Battler saying everything is magic can't be denied. I wonder what the answer here could even be?

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Nov 28, 2019

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Visual novels thread: a question

I recently bought Steins;Gate and I'm playing it for the first time. Unfortunately, I absolutely hate chuunibyou characters. Does the PC break that habit, or does it persist through the entire game?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

CuddleCryptid posted:

Visual novels thread: a question

I recently bought Steins;Gate and I'm playing it for the first time. Unfortunately, I absolutely hate chuunibyou characters. Does the PC break that habit, or does it persist through the entire game?

Okabe will not be in chuuni mode forever

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

MegaZeroX posted:

Thank christ, the game is playable then. Thanks

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Yet even more Umineko chapter 4:

So now Kyrie is relaying the magic to Battler. The only way to deny magic here seems to be that she is lying. She could either be forced to say these things by someone, or she could have killed everyone herself.

Edit: Okay, I thought I was closer to the end, so I haven't commented on certain stuff, but will at the end. But I wanna make a prediction right now with what is happening with The Seven Sisters of Purgatory while Ange is being attacked. Its actually Amakusa sniping in the background.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Nov 28, 2019

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Okay just finished the main part of Umineko chapter 4.

Man, this was a good chapter. I've been reading it for most of today. I have lots of thoughts about it, but I am too tired to type them out right now. Some of the biggest things are the questions it left:
  • What were those letters exactly? I assumed they were earlier chapters, where Eva died (chapters 1 and 2), but if so, what about chapter 4? Is that somewhere? Is chapter 3 meant to represent the "Eva did it" theory?
  • What is up with the lockers with money? There were 3 that we were informed of, one for each direction. Presumably there was a 4th one, but who did it go to? Furthermore, there were around 20 lockers, but only 4 recipients. Did someone receive multiple keeps? Who is this 4th person? And who sent them? Certainly 2 could have been done from Niijima, but one should have been wherever Rudolph's family lived. Is it someone who had been to both places at the right time, or was it multiple people?
  • Was that number in chapter 3 only the pin for the lockers? Or did it have some extra meaning? It should at least indicate that whoever sent out those letters were on Rokujima?
  • What exactly is the deal with Battler? There seemed to be some indication that there was another person named Battler who was the son of Ruldoph's first wife, while this Battler wasn't. He does appear to be Kinzo's grandson though. Is he the son of another wife of Ruldoph's? And could this other Battler have some effect on the redtext from the end of chapter 3? And what was the big sin with OldBattler?
  • Chapter 4 seemed pretty definitive with Kyrie flat out telling Battler that she was seeing all the magic stuff we the reader see. Was she coerced? Somehow fooled? Purposefully lying?

I will edit with more after the tea parties

Edit: I'm still in the tea party, but I want to claim that my answer for the Nanjo killing mystery is that OldBattler was declared to be unable to do it, so NewBattler did it, or vice versa

Edit 2: Alright. I don't know what more to say right now. I'm looking for to getting to the answer arc, but first I'll review the question arcs while I'm more awake and see if I can form any theories about what happened before moving on.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Nov 28, 2019

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Okay time for some sleuthing before I start the answer arcs. I, like Lambdadelta, laugh at Battler's desperate explanations. Kanon "accidentally got stabbed" in the boiler room? Hilarious. Time to spin the chessboard around.

Battler was able to find out Kinzo was dead. However, Battler only used it as a tool to give a technically possible explanation for certain mysteries. What he failed to do was actually consider the implications of this. This implies Krauss, Natsuhi Nanjo, and the furniture, are hiding Kinzo's death from everyone else. Combined with other evidence, I think we can make some conclusions:
  • Given that Beatrice in chapter 3 revealed that none died by suicide and was about to reveal that none died by accidental death, and seemed to be unable to say that everyone died by homicide, I believe that Kinzo died from natural causes.
  • Krauss and Natsuhi wanted to cover it up so he wouldn't have to deal with paying out inheritance. Everyone else was some combination of bought off (Nanjo, Kumasawa, Gohda) or duty bound to now serve Krauss the successor (the furniture)
  • The buying out of people is where the safes with the money come from. There were 4 people he bought out: Nanjo, Kumasawa, Gohda, and Rudolf. Rudolf being in the scheme is what caused him to indicate that he will probably be killed in the first night. Krauss had each of them mail the keys addressed to their children to a random address. This was so that if they didn't die, they could pick it up and not worry about the details. If they did die, then their loved ones could go claim the money. There were 20 lockers, since while Nanjo, Kumasawa, Gohda only got 1 million yen each, Rudolf got significantly more (the lockers for him were completely stuffed). This was also just a "downpayment," with more to come afterwords.
  • As part of this plot, Krauss rearranged the servant's schedules to put all the furniture (which he could not trust, even though they were bound to him) into the guesthouse

So, then the question is what exactly happened to their plot? Shannon walking into the mansion could certainly be part of what caused things to go awry. I'm not sure exactly what happened here, but the plan falling apart caused many killings. Natsuhi left early since Krauss wanted her to be safe, and there for Jessica, in the worst case. Eva and Hideyoshi didn't retire early, and instead were probably the last survivors who tried to cover things up.

Eva and Hideyoshi were then killed by Kanon, who figured out that they were responsible for Shannon's death, and wanted to take revenge. Genji was just covering for him. Kumasawa, who was supposed to burn Kinzo's body, created a distraction for Kanon, but was discovered, and then ended up killing Kanon. The letter was placed by one of the three servants, as they were ordered. Them being placing the letter was part of the plan.

For the next part of day 1? We can assume there is an extra person, since we have seen her as Battler, and we know there are others who claimed to see her in chapter 2 as well. There are some ways to get around Beatrice's red declaration. We can (somewhat cheaply) say she was underground, and thus in the island. Or alternatively, there is another person dead before the start, who Cane Beatrice is only impersonating somehow. Neither are great explanations, but Can Beatrice is undeniable.

So, now, we can say that Cane Beatrice killed the remaining servants, and then Natushi. She then killed the children in the end.

Okay, but what about chapter 2? I'm at a loss for chapter 2. For chapter 3, my current (probably bad) tentative explanations are Battler's but with Cane Witch somehow being able to kill Nanjo, though some trickery with the statement (as I had mentioned). For how the magic was seen chapter 4? I'm clueless.

Chapter 1 feels like the only one I have a decent understanding of, and even then I fear my "Cane Beatrice" thing to cover where I'm lost is just nonsense.

Edit: tl;dr:

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 28, 2019

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
I know I'm super late but I'm really enjoying AI: The Somnium Files.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MegaZeroX posted:

Re: Okabe I always liked his early interactions with Faris because that's when it's the most obvious that he's totally just putting on an act

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

MegaZeroX posted:

Question arc: That's why Gaap calls Beatrice "Riiche" - like, "bay ah triiche".

EDIT: Oh thats what we were already talking about. my b.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 30, 2019

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

No Wave posted:

Question arc: That's why Gaap calls Beatrice "Riiche" - like, "bay ah triiche".

Your comment made me realize that I've been pronouncing it wrong in my head the whole time. (That is, the primary stress actually being on "tri" rather than "Bea".)

Guess I need to brush up on Italian phonology :psyduck:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I am wary of clicking any WtC spoilers out of habit, are you all really discussing how to pronounce Beatrice?

Also so far I think the Higurashi anime’s biggest and deepest sin is that Ooishi laughs “hahaha” instead of “huhuhu”.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

the awful laugh of a fat man

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
I finished AI: The Somnium Files and I really loved it. That was a very enjoyable journey. Sorry if all of this just seems like simple minded gushing but it was really good. The ending gave me the same satisfying feeling when I completed all of Judgment's sidequests.

That final dance number was so dumb that I absolutely adored it.

For anyone who cares too much about soundtracks, the full soundtrack for this game was released just a few days ago! Here's a Google Play link.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

That's a hell of a deal

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Okay, before I start the answer arcs, I want to finish my speculation after reviewing events.

I already had coherent thoughts on chapter 1

For chapter 2:

:psyduck:

For chapter 3:

• I have no clue about the opening murders. Something to do with the conspiracy involving Kinzo's death. Most, if not all, the servants were in on it and needed to be dealt with or something.
  • Eva killed Rosa because of conflicts about how the role should be allocated. Maria happened to be there
  • Kyrie and Rudolph killed Hideyoshi since they realized he and Eva knew where the gold was and a fight broke out. Eva killed them both in retaliation (or just one if one was killed by Hideyoshi).
  • Nanjo had killed George, left out the window with a latter, placed her next to Shannon, and returned.
  • Krauss and Natsuhi were killed by Eva after they started interrogating her as they figured how she knew where the gold was
  • The person who killed Nanjo is Battler. Well, our Battler. Since their is another Battler, that is how the EVA-BEATRICE was able to say Battler didn't kill him. I think it is particularly suspicious that she switched from "you" to "battler" during her lines. But why would Battler kill Nanjo? Because he knew that Nanjo killed George.

For chapter 4:

:psyduck:

I'm assuming the people on the phone are lying at points, but then are they all working together? Are a pair of them threatening the other 5 with guns? Are they just lying to protect one of the kids mental state from what their parents are doing?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Umineko chapter 5:

Natsuhi's son? :psyduck:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If not for EP7, EP5 would probably be my favorite Umineko chapter. It's such a trip and thrill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Chapter 5 spoiler: the Kinzo's study scene with Dlanor is probably my favorite of the back and forths in the series. it's like an amazing boss fight. And those SFX...