Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Cinara posted:

PoE 2 seems like it is going to completely ruin everything, as they are designing the areas to be incredibly random in every form of generation, even as much as how the zones connect to each other. Not just zone randomization, but world randomization.

I think they casually mentioned this during one of the demo playthroughs, but apparently the (now-randomized) world map (from hitting 'U') will supposedly reflect where the relative exits are. If the world map shows that one zone connects to the northeast, then the exit to that zone will be somewhere in the northeast of the map.

It's also newbie-friendlier and more intuitive, at the cost of in-depth racing map knowledge.

Tenzarin posted:

Season is usually dead after one week.

much like your posting :owned:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

This is if anything an optimistic take from Tenzarin who usually declares the season dead before the initial patch has finished downloading.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i cant believe metamorphosis is already dead

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Please stop quoting Tenzarin so I don't have to read his posts anymore.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tenzarin is already dead??

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

interrodactyl posted:

Please stop quoting Tenzarin so I don't have to read his posts anymore.

:same:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Path of Exile: league died 23 times on kitava

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1199495438153306113

Arrow Nova + Barrage support looks dope. Kinda surprised Barrage skill is still there, but it seems like they did enough to make it unique.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

but can you link barrage to the barrage support?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I'm pretty sure if you do that then the league becomes dead.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

whypick1 posted:

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1199495438153306113

Arrow Nova + Barrage support looks dope. Kinda surprised Barrage skill is still there, but it seems like they did enough to make it unique.
why is this saying lower damage multipliers are better? Doing less damage is worse :psyduck:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

"Greater Volley comes with a slightly lower damage multiplier than Greater Multiple Projectiles, given that the damage shape is less desirable for most projectile skills."

yeah it seems like lower damage multiplier should actually be larger damage multiplier based on this sentence. probably just a typo

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Leagues are like Higgs bosons: by the time you've seen them, they're already dead.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Awesome! posted:

"Greater Volley comes with a slightly lower damage multiplier than Greater Multiple Projectiles, given that the damage shape is less desirable for most projectile skills."

yeah it seems like lower damage multiplier should actually be larger damage multiplier based on this sentence. probably just a typo

Maybe they're re-working the projectile supports to read more positively so you don't have a bunch of damage reductions on your highly desirable skill gems.

Tulip posted:

Leagues are like Higgs bosons: by the time you've seen them, they're already dead.

Off-screening leagues since 3.0

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Am I blind because I can't tell what the barrage support is doing in the caustic arrow setup

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

Am I blind because I can't tell what the barrage support is doing in the caustic arrow setup

The Arrow Nova repeats multiple times because of Barrage.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Awesome! posted:

i cant believe metamorphosis is already dead

Well good thing the league, Metamorph, is still very much alive and kicking.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

MMF Freeway posted:

I don't think the nova is repeating, based on the description I'd say it's that the arrows come out in a rapid sequence and can shotgun as a result. Likewise, the arrows from volley+barrage come out in a sequence and can shotgun.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

With all the effort they are putting into bows, Def leaning towards a champion impale bow character for Metamorph league at the moment.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
As the league winds down I'm blowing rest of my currency on a new TS guy as a final parting shot to TS.

I couldn't POB decent numbers myself (because I'm bad), so I stuck some characters from poe.ninja into POB to try to learn a thing or two.

I ran into something weird. Look at these two abyss jewels here:

These were both socketed into Lightpoacher. (edit: it's not clear from screenshots, but I stripped out all the implicits from corruptions)

Here is where I got confused.
- 'Grim Prison' has higher flat cold and lightning numbers all around, but loses considerably less DPS when removed.
- If I socket both abyss sockets with 'Whispering Blast' (the higher simming, lower numbers jewel), overall DPS goes down by 1.5k.
- If I socket both sockets with 'Grim Prison' (lower simming, higher numbers), overall DPS goes down by 34k.
- No change in overall DPS if I swap the order of the two jewels.

I can't wrap my head around why any of this happens. Why would a jewel with higher flat damage (on both the low and high ends!) sim worse than one with lower?

Here's the full pastebin, for context: https://pastebin.com/1YKGypyg

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Nov 27, 2019

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

facepalmolive posted:

As the league winds down I'm blowing rest of my currency on a new TS guy as a final parting shot to TS.

I couldn't POB decent numbers myself (because I'm bad), so I stuck some characters from poe.ninja into POB to try to learn a thing or two.

I ran into something weird. Look at these two abyss jewels here:

These were both socketed into Lightpoacher. (edit: it's not clear from screenshots, but I stripped out all the implicits from corruptions)

Here is where I got confused.
- 'Grim Prison' has higher flat cold and lightning numbers all around, but loses considerably less DPS when removed.
- If I socket both abyss sockets with 'Whispering Blast' (the higher simming, lower numbers jewel), overall DPS goes down by 1.5k.
- If I socket both sockets with 'Grim Prison' (lower simming, higher numbers), overall DPS goes down by 34k.
- No change in overall DPS if I swap the order of the two jewels.

I can't wrap my head around why any of this happens. Why would a jewel with higher flat damage (on both the low and high ends!) sim worse than one with lower?

Here's the full pastebin, for context: https://pastebin.com/1YKGypyg

It's the res on the jewel, it makes cold the highest uncapped res so you get cold pen from the wise oak flask.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Ah, goddammit wise oak. :doh: This has stumped for the past couple days, thanks for putting that mystery to rest.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shrapnel ballista - arrow nova - GMp - impale - vicious projectiles - brutality ??

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/513716065

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

euphronius posted:

Shrapnel ballista - arrow nova - GMp - impale - vicious projectiles - brutality ??

sure why not

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I'm definitely curious how they've reworked Shrapnel/Galvanic shot, since they state that both the projectile and the aoe cone gets multiplied by Barrage support. That could be a very nasty bosskilling setup if it still has the threshold jewels intact.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

ahaha this is loving amazing

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

god tier racer and memer. respect

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Last time I played was when they added Acts 5-10, but I’m thinking of coming back for 3.9.

The brand skills are new to me. They seem like a hybrid of self-casting, traps, and totems. Any recommendations on class/ascendency for trying out a Storm Brand build?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Inquisitor or just check out https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?skill=Storm-Brand.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Nov 27, 2019

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Hierophant has the notable about brands but that's a trap, Hierophant's close to your worst choice.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Assassin

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Assassin, Trickster, Inquisitor, Elementalist. In order of best to worst.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1199525383407751169

oh boy, cannot wait to not get drops a THIRD TIME

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Captain Foo posted:

Path of Exile: league died 23 times on kitava

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
all I want to know right now is: what are they doing to my baby Iron Commander

because even with the limited amount of info available I'm already thinking ballista champion

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Zenithe posted:

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1199525383407751169

oh boy, cannot wait to not get drops a THIRD TIME

I got my fourth drop from this :haw:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

whypick1 posted:

I got my fourth drop from this :haw:

Me too lol. I got glowing red eyes.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That's is so goddamn funny.

"Because I'm a virgin, I always start with 'I want to win', next I will say 'no, I will win (...) I'd repeat that every day, while cooking my chicken breast. In retrospect, this was very weird.'"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it is honestly the best piece of poe content i have ever watched