Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HauntedRobot
Jun 22, 2002

an excellent mod
a simple map to my heart
now give me tilt shift
Res pls :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

retpocileh
Oct 15, 2003
Poor guy.

Thanks for the memories.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jesus loving christ. I just learned about Brad McQuaids death. Honestly completely heartbroken over this news. I know we ripped on him hard for his games, but he created some of the most memorable fantasy worlds in video games ever.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I said come in! posted:

Jesus loving christ. I just learned about Brad McQuaids death. Honestly completely heartbroken over this news. I know we ripped on him hard for his games, but he created some of the most memorable fantasy worlds in video games ever.

Yeah as much as I like to bag on him he and the other EQ and adjacent devs were the only ones coming up with interesting classes and poo poo.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

soy posted:

Another notable EQ/vanguard dev committed suicide over the weekend Matt Mcdonald. I wonder of there’s any connection there.

A bunch of immortal yet eternally youthful elves are about to have their #metoo moment, mark my words.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pantheon was pretty much already dead, but I assume with Brad's passing, the game will most likely be canceled soon?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I said come in! posted:

Pantheon was pretty much already dead, but I assume with Brad's passing, the game will most likely be canceled soon?

The leadership of the team claim they have the blessing of Brad’s family to continue on and that they’re committed to seeing his vision come to life.

I give it a couple of months.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Rise of the fallen...Brad knew...

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Terribly sad :( EQ was huge for me as a kid. Rip Brad

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Groovelord Neato posted:

Rise of the fallen...Brad knew...

Help! I’ve fallen and can’t rise up

PyRosflam
Aug 11, 2007
The good, The bad, Im the one with the gun.

Vomik posted:

Help! I’ve fallen and can’t rise up

He should not have gated Resurrection behind so many barriers

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
They need to make him a world spawn boss that is near impossible to defeat. What would they name the boss? I'm thinking Cokeasaurus?

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
Benzodius, holder of the key to another employees desk! Slay him and the sweet, sweet loot contained in the desk of the peon down the hall will be yours!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Pantheon stream with Cohh is starting now.

https://www.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Did anyone tell them that Brad died and the game is dead too?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Beefeater posted:

Did anyone tell them that Brad died and the game is dead too?

what part of rise of the fallen do you not understand?!

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Right, my bad.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nothing about this gameplay looks interesting, new, or fun.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

looks good to me

p99 with better graphics and poo poo, even has some of the same sound effects

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I said come in! posted:

Yeah I can't wait to play it.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
I like the new zone. I'm looking forward to going on a corpse run there.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
as someone with many years invested into everquest...
pantheon looks boring as poo poo :(

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Krazuel posted:

as someone with many years invested into everquest...
pantheon looks boring as poo poo :(

if you don't give them money then how can you expect it to be fun?

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Pantheon will own and you all need to bow down to ghost brad like asap.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I don't think I will, no. I have already been broken by Warframe, he has no power here

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Is having nerds' faces overlayed on footage of a game considered good? Like, can't they just talk over the video of the game they're playing? Why do I have to see their big fat nerd faces? I'm not *super* mad about it, but I'm pretty mad.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Relayer posted:

Is having nerds' faces overlayed on footage of a game considered good? Like, can't they just talk over the video of the game they're playing? Why do I have to see their big fat nerd faces? I'm not *super* mad about it, but I'm pretty mad.

it makes other gamers feel like they have a friend

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Relayer posted:

ya I don't get it either but whenever I stream without my webcam on people are like turn on your webcam coward and whatever

why they want to see my stupid face I'll never understand

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

This game is going to make neither the P99 poopsockers nor the modern MMO content locusts happy. I wouldn't want to be in their position but what even is their target audience?

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
If they could have just kept the design to "eq1 with better graphics" it actually would have made me happy. But they had to go and try to innovate and that is almost always a mistake. and I mean that unironically.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sachant posted:

what even is their target audience?

Basically p99 poopsocks and casuals and given there’s 0 competition as long as it isn’t a completely broken steaming pile of poo poo I think it’ll do ok.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Feels like a bait-and-switch. It propped itself up on the shoulders of EverQuest and Vanguard to get an initial following, but the more time goes on the less it resembles them and the more it looks like every other generic MMO.

Have they even said what the death penalty is yet? At one point they advertised corpse runs but I would be shocked if that survives all the other "modernizations" they're doing.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
From what I remember of brad's inital pitch a central mechanic was supposed to be emergent social interaction, and corpse runs are a huge part of that.

Just punish the poo poo out of my balls, you pussies. Seriously.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Relayer posted:

If they could have just kept the design to "eq1 with better graphics" it actually would have made me happy. But they had to go and try to innovate and that is almost always a mistake. and I mean that unironically.

Every one of these companies doing throwback MMOs is addicted to feature creep.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Someone is going to walk into that development office and remind them that this project needs to make money. I suspect Brad was the only real road block in that regard. I might be wrong but I'm betting what's left of the development team, if they don't implode, actually do want a regular paycheck well into the future and will ignore some of the more damaging and outdated gameplay aspects.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Freakazoid_ posted:

Someone is going to walk into that development office and remind them that this project needs to make money. I suspect Brad was the only real road block in that regard. I might be wrong but I'm betting what's left of the development team, if they don't implode, actually do want a regular paycheck well into the future and will ignore some of the more damaging and outdated gameplay aspects.

So another bland WoW clone it is then I guess.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Relayer posted:

From what I remember of brad's inital pitch a central mechanic was supposed to be emergent social interaction, and corpse runs are a huge part of that.

Just punish the poo poo out of my balls, you pussies. Seriously.

:same:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Sachant posted:

This game is going to make neither the P99 poopsockers nor the modern MMO content locusts happy. I wouldn't want to be in their position but what even is their target audience?
They're trying to horn in on the Star Citizen nostalgia goggles market, except they're doing even worse than Star Citizen at scamming people into giving them money

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

pretty much this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
They are clearly trying to cash in on the google glass classic (vanilla) audience.