Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Oh yeah, I know those servants are good. I just didn't know they were Grail good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
End of the day, you Grail the ones you love to play.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Pureauthor posted:

Gimme a welfare Avenger

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Squiddycat posted:

Wait, I should use those things?

Of course. You see a lvl 100 Bedivere, you use that boi and befriend that Master.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Squiddycat posted:

Oh yeah, I know those servants are good. I just didn't know they were Grail good.
Grailing Arash to lv 70 is one of the best gameplay moves you can make. Honestly, Bunyan pretty solid too, great farmer.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Shipon posted:

Grailing Arash to lv 70 is one of the best gameplay moves you can make. Honestly, Bunyan pretty solid too, great farmer.
Totally. I wondered if I'd regret it, but nope. The extra stats sync perfectly with his NP gimmick and it dramatically expands what he can murder; 32-35+k to neutral targets is nothing to sneeze at and there's few farm nodes in events that need more than that. It's a great return for all of one grail.

Also I need more QP to finish up Bedivere. He's 10/10/10 and NP5... but only level 90. :qq: Still a murder engine though.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i regret grailing cu but that's about it. hans and caesar definitely don't need them in any stretch, but at the very least my euryale probably benefitted from extra hp buffer on more than one occasion.

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain
Spartacus is great because his NP is him blowing his love all over the enemy

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Squiddycat posted:

The lower a Servant's current level cap, the more it increases with each grail, so low-rarity Servants are arguably better grail candidates than anyone. Which is a better use of two grails: four levels for your favorite 5* servant, ten levels for a solid 4* welfare, or twenty for a useful 1*/2* farmer?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well to clarify you only get 10 per grail when going from 60 to 70, otherwise it's 5 levels per grail until 90 after which it drops to 2 levels.

also grailing past 90 can have tangible gameplay benefits for some servants, aside from the obvious display of devotion its generally taken as

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Tossed 6 tickets at Angry Cop banner and came away with my 4th Lancer Vlad and a Foxy Saber. Better results than I was expecting after getting nothing from MHX and DaVinci attempts

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

dogsicle posted:

i regret grailing cu but that's about it. hans and caesar definitely don't need them in any stretch, but at the very least my euryale probably benefitted from extra hp buffer on more than one occasion.

Hans's biggest weakest is his terrible 2* health so he's a pretty pro choice for grailing honestly.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
My level 100 Bunyan is fantastic and well worth all the grails even though I only originally grail'd her as a joke.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Hans's biggest weakest is his terrible 2* health so he's a pretty pro choice for grailing honestly.

it works out better when you're lacking other support options and also using him for sustain yeah. he's fallen off for me in general in favor of SSR supports or faster offensive supports, while his eventual buff gives him usefulness that doesn't even require him to stay on the field. so i'm split on how much it would really matter long-term.

i just consider them payment for his good service over the half year from me starting to Merlin.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
whos the new welfare archer

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

whos the new welfare archer

Santa Nightingale

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Elephant Parade posted:

The lower a Servant's current level cap, the more it increases with each grail, so low-rarity Servants are arguably better grail candidates than anyone. Which is a better use of two grails: four levels for your favorite 5* servant, ten levels for a solid 4* welfare, or twenty for a useful 1*/2* farmer?

It's the first one, and it's not even remotely close.

You don't need to grail anybody to be successful in challenge quests or farming. Grail your favorites over any other.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Darox posted:

It's the first one, and it's not even remotely close.

You don't need to grail anybody to be successful in challenge quests or farming. Grail your favorites over any other.

This is the answer.

Always shower your faves in grails and gold fous.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
You should grail Arash and Spartacus because they're your bros, dammit

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Grail the weakest characters. Make them mighty.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Roger Explosion posted:

Grail the weakest characters. Make them mighty.

Fun fact for the day: you would need to grail Mata Hari to level 166 in order to surpass Jeanne Alter (in terms of ATK). Assuming you gained 2 levels per Grail past level 100, it would take you 43 Grails.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Squiddycat posted:

Even with when grailed to 100, low rarity Servants can't match the stats of ungrailed SSRs. From a gameplay perspective you're better off grailing good SRs or SSRs.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
Be that one person I know. Follow your heart and grail Saber Gilles.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Factor_VIII posted:

Even with when grailed to 100, low rarity Servants can't match the stats of ungrailed SSRs. From a gameplay perspective you're better off grailing good SRs or SSRs.

IIRC there are some exceptions like Asterios.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Cyouni posted:

Be that one person I know. Follow your heart and grail Saber Gilles.

I actually grailed Saber Gilles to level 80 in JP, as a reward for being my only Saber for the whole part 1.

And my level 90 Blackbeard is still my most powerful AOE Rider

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Nov 27, 2019

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Factor_VIII posted:

Yeah but this game is honestly pretty easy and you can make it work with your favorite if you grail them and max them out

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

What is this, the bad opinion zone?
You use Grails from the heart, not for the stats.

Or in other words:

Vengarr posted:

You should grail Arash and Spartacus because they're your bros, dammit

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Everyone talking about stats and efficiency and junk and I'm just sitting here happy with my maxed out Tamamo, Tamamo Cat, and Tamamo Lancer.

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
Grailing Sparticus so he can become the true Antifa-Supersoldier he was always meant to be is in fact praxis

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I do sometimes regret my first grailed servant, Lancer Altria Alter.

Not because I don't like her, and not because she's subpar gameplay-wise, but because DW refuses to flesh her out. She was a random speed bump in London and has only showed up in a couple of events; both times as barely a cameo and just a gag.

Just keeping it limited to Lancers, bootleg Benkei of all people has gotten orders of magnitude more development than her...

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Angra might have gotten an entire game, but I'm still holding out hope that he'll show up in FGO at some point. And when he does he'll look at my version of him, grailed to 100, and laugh in my mother loving face

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
I grailed Billy the Kid to 90 and used him exclusively for 9 or so months until I got back to back to back to back Ishtar Arjuna Edgemiya and Moriarty. It's hard to justify bringing him out sometimes now, especially since I grailed Ishtar, but I don't regret the grails.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I’ve been looking into getting a new “last stand” guy and this thread made me decide on Cu Chulain.

Unfortunately I’m pretty low on Silver Lancer Pieces. :smith:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

klapman posted:

Angra might have gotten an entire game, but I'm still holding out hope that he'll show up in FGO at some point. And when he does he'll look at my version of him, grailed to 100, and laugh in my mother loving face

He did show up at the end of the Fate Zero event, but, it's after the story is over and Team Chaldea has already left.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
My 1st Grailed unit was Okita, which was pretty much always going to happen.

I planned to just hang on to the others but then Melt decided she really liked me and showed up 4 times in 4 consecutive 10 rolls. So now I have level 100 Melt too.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Angra Mainyu also shows up in Amakusa's interlude as a story support just to make sure you have an Avenger available for a fight against a Ruler.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES

Raxivace posted:

I’ve been looking into getting a new “last stand” guy and this thread made me decide on Cu Chulain.

Unfortunately I’m pretty low on Silver Lancer Pieces. :smith:

Cu has been a solid survivable lancer for me since I started playing, He is very good and hard to kill.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Slayer1597 posted:

Cu has been a solid survivable lancer for me since I started playing, He is very good and hard to kill.

Which is hilariously ironic, given what happened to him in the original Fate/stay night and Carnival Phantasm.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES

W.T. Fits posted:

Which is hilariously ironic, given what happened to him in the original Fate/stay night and Carnival Phantasm.

Aww man, Dont remind me, I was so happy to see him, I started playing before watching the animes, He got a raw deal, lovely master.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

:toot: