Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

lmao this dumb fucker couldn't even show up to his first court session and was too lazy to prep for his deposition: and they expect him to start a dubbing business on his own?

He'll just use all of the industry connections he hasn't burned at __________ and ____________

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, they're called the Risembool Rangers, so yeah, it's just a reference to Bradley despite him not voicing him.

Okay, I know nothing about the anime this is a reference to, why dies that make it a red flag for Nazis? Is it ground zero for Nazis in the anime?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I feel like there’s a place for him at Harmony Gold.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Skwirl posted:

Okay, I know nothing about the anime this is a reference to, why dies that make it a red flag for Nazis? Is it ground zero for Nazis in the anime?

Resembool (Did they change it for Brotherhood?) is just the hometown of the main duo and their childhood friend. Fuhrer is an explicit reference to, the fuhrer King Bradley in the anime (yes, his first name is King) and Hitler.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I can figure out for myself the problem with people calling him Fuhrer, I'm still not certain what the issue is with the name Risembool Rangers.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Xelkelvos posted:

He'll just use all of the industry connections he hasn't burned at __________ and ____________

Hey now, Vic Mignona's name is brand enough to still land gigs in mall conventions near rendering plants and Hawaii! I'm sure game developers and anime studios would love to associate with a startup studio with no staff, run by a documented sex pest, over their ongoing relationships with Funimation and the like.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

FMA is also set in Fantasy Germany, for the most part, and there’s at least one portion of a flashback to a genocide that happened in the recent past in the Brotherhood adaptation where the visuals emphasize the soldiers involved having blonde hair and blue eyes, to really drive the obvious subtext home.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Regalingualius posted:

FMA is also set in Fantasy Germany, for the most part, and there’s at least one portion of a flashback to a genocide that happened in the recent past in the Brotherhood adaptation where the visuals emphasize the soldiers involved having blonde hair and blue eyes, to really drive the obvious subtext home.

The warcrimes/genocide in FMA are actually supposed to be more based on the British Empire than Germany, even if the characters are heavily implied to be speaking German.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Skwirl posted:

I can figure out for myself the problem with people calling him Fuhrer, I'm still not certain what the issue is with the name Risembool Rangers.

I was saying it to reinforce the FMA reference rather than it being a Nazi thing directly because they are all big FMA fans.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's telling that Fuhrer King Bradley is one of the major villains of the series, if his title being "Fuhrer" wasn't obvious enough, and yet his fanclub decided to call him that despite knowing full well that even in the series itself it's a blatantly ham-handed reference to Nazi Germany.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Skwirl posted:

You misunderstand. Risembool has nothing to do with the Fuhrer character in the show, so the point is that saying there is a Fuhrer character is a weak excuse for calling himself one.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

The Risembool Rangers aren't nazis just his weird culty teen fanclub, some people are reading too much into the Fuhrer thing. (words I never thought I would write)

I'm sure they started calling him this over a decade ago when being called Fuhrer would just be dumb, edgy, and weird as opposed to now where its a giant red flag.

I think getting mad at some 10 years ago teens is wasted effort most of them have probably grown up by now and the ISWV crowd are mostly nazi adjacent culture warriors and not his FMA fanclub.

Edit:A bad post leaving it up for posterity because I should know better.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Nov 27, 2019

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hub Cat posted:

The Risembool Rangers aren't nazis just his weird culty teen fanclub, some people are reading too much into the Fuhrer thing. (words I never thought I would write)

I'm sure they started calling him this over a decade ago when being called Fuhrer would just be dumb, edgy, and weird as opposed to now where its a giant red flag.

There was no such thing as ironic fascism.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Tashilicious posted:

There was no such thing as ironic fascism.

You know what, I have no idea why I am defending Vic's weird fundi bigot fanclub and I should probably do better.

Vic should have been the adult in the room and shut that poo poo down but that doesn't absolve them of being poo poo and they still hurt people.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Nov 27, 2019

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Where we're posting we don't need thumbs.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Midjack posted:

Certainly he wouldn't be required to produce anything so yeah.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Midjack posted:

Genuinely unsure who this is more of a knock at.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Midjack posted:

Sad part is he actually DID work with Harmony Gold, he was Hikaru in the english dub by ADV.

Watching that recently and realizing that Monica Rial was Misa felt incredible gross considering their relationship in the show.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Him as Tamaki in Ouran High School worked well given the character was such a creep.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Sad part is he actually DID work with Harmony Gold, he was Hikaru in the english dub by ADV.

Watching that recently and realizing that Monica Rial was Misa felt incredible gross considering their relationship in the show.

Didn't know that.

In the hell world of 2019 I can't even make a lovely drive by joke about a sex offender voice actor and a license troll company without it being true. :smith:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Hub Cat posted:

Vic should have been the adult in the room
Indeed, a role with which he holds much experience.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/shane_holmberg/status/1199821636314304512p

Jim Halpert staring into the camera forever.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Already gone.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I'm not a legal guy, why is it signed '/s/Ty Beard' at the bottom?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Midjack posted:

Already gone.

It’s there, just not embedded properly for some reason

https://twitter.com/shane_holmberg/status/1199821636314304512?s=21

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

khy posted:

It just means it was e-signed.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Nov 28, 2019

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

khy posted:

Everything lawyers used to file required a wet ink signature, but generally speaking in 2019 you can just put an electronic sig.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Hub Cat posted:

Vic should have been the adult in the room

I think it's safe to say that Vic should never be the only adult in a room.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

EimiYoshikawa posted:

:vince:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Oh my loving God.

https://twitter.com/TheDoDoGuy/status/1199925617266954241?s=19

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/opossumhag/status/1200203428678569984?s=21

:allears:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Only dumb Vic Stans don't use base 16. Guh.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
238 is less than 250 trap sprung SJWs :smugbert:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Alan Smithee posted:

238 is less than 250 trap sprung SJWs :smugbert:

Read the full tweet. I missed it first time.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Samovar posted:

Read the full tweet. I missed it first time.

what did you miss

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

what did you miss

That the guy in the tweet thinks a quarter million is 400,000 not 250,000

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

yeah I got that

to explain my bad joke his next goal post is "well it's near a quarter but less"

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
They should offer to reduce the amount to a ninth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/AdamZalonis/status/1198973557784625152

https://twitter.com/AdamZalonis/status/1198973559290441728

https://twitter.com/AdamZalonis/status/1198973560636821509