Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

ZeeBoi posted:

Managed to snag some ultra rare trophies on PS4. I don’t know if I’ll ever manage the one where you defeat someone with kicks only because inevitably I slash with my lightsaber.

Find a regular scout, stand still and tap neutral dodge every time they attack, then attack right after to kick. Works best near cliffs because falling to their death counts. There's a well placed one on Zeffo in that first village area.

Incidentally that dodge has the most iframes of any of them, it seems, and you can dodge unblockable attacks with it pretty easily. Embrace your inner Neo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ZeeBoi posted:

Managed to snag some ultra rare trophies on PS4. I don’t know if I’ll ever manage the one where you defeat someone with kicks only because inevitably I slash with my lightsaber.

Nothing better than joining a game early enough to get ultra rare just because nobody's played it yet. "Kick a space goat that has kicked you, Ultra Rare 0.6%"

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
BD-1 is sooo much better than that shitheap droid D-O that they’re pushing for Rise of Skywalker. He is my new best friend and I would die for him. Merrin seems super cool too but there’s not nearly enough of her. Really hope this gets a sequel or at least dlc. Respawn has yet to make a bad game.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Basic Droid 1 so interesting

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!

precision posted:

Yeah the music and sound design are loving phenomenal. The animators who worked on BD also deserve mega credit because he is the cutest lil robbit ever
Thhe first time that you meet him where he has issues walking, barely able to stand on one foot made me feel so sorry for him. Reminded me way too much of an animal with a bad leg.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

I don't know. They still have a well of untouched stuff still. Mind Trick is one of the big ones, as is super speed plus improvements to the other skills.

I just want one game that lets me go Clone Wars Mace Windu and activate Force Beat The poo poo Out Of Robots With My Bare Fists. That's a real power, dammit.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
A Mace Windu game would be cool. He has all the nasty skills.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Pops Mgee posted:

BD-1 is sooo much better than that shitheap droid D-O that they’re pushing for Rise of Skywalker. He is my new best friend and I would die for him. Merrin seems super cool too but there’s not nearly enough of her. Really hope this gets a sequel or at least dlc. Respawn has yet to make a bad game.

I feel it’s possible that Merrin may suffer from Mass Effect 2 syndrome where in some earlier version of the game she was going to join much earlier but various circumstances meant she was shifted until very near the end. There’s so much dialogue for her you’ll never hear unless you travel back and forth between planets a lot.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

JBP posted:

Basic Droid 1 so interesting

BUDDY DROID #1

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
How bad is playing this with mouse and keyboard vs using a controller?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Worked alright for me after I mapped evade to spacebar and jump to mouse 5 or whatever.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

The first time I heard The Hu I thought "this is cool, and it would make great diagetic music to nick for tabletop Star Wars RPGs."

Then I got to the level where they play a song as in-universe music and I said "that sounds a lot like The Hu." Lo and behold I looked it up and it was. I guess the Fallen Order sound designer felt the same way I did.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Fun game, hope they get to make a sequel.

BD-1 is the best Starwars Droid.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

BD-1 Baby Yoda Spinoff

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Owlbear Camus posted:

The first time I heard The Hu I thought "this is cool, and it would make great diagetic music to nick for tabletop Star Wars RPGs."

Then I got to the level where they play a song as in-universe music and I said "that sounds a lot like The Hu." Lo and behold I looked it up and it was. I guess the Fallen Order sound designer felt the same way I did.

Are you talking about the totally rad music Cal is listening to on his space ipod in the beginning?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Biplane posted:

Are you talking about the totally rad music Cal is listening to on his space ipod in the beginning?

Yeah it's the Mongolian throat singing +sweet stringed instruments.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Biplane posted:

I forgot about the intro, in retrospect having that to listen to in-game would've been pretty rad. Replaying MGSV now and actually using the cassette tapes is fun, listening to the greatest hits of the 70s and 80s while running around infiltrating enemy bases is pretty transformative.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Biplane posted:

Yes. The gutteral "alien" language is actually a real-world Mongolian heavy metal-folk throat singing band. I'm not complaining, it works absolutely flawlessly IMO.

E: just remembered they play it at the very beginning and reveal it's diagetic music when Cal takes out his space-earbuds, and it is played at one other point in the game.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Been playing through it, and it's a lot of fun. Hitting an enemy feels extremely satisfying and defeating them even more so, especially if they've been kicking your butt beforehand.

Camera's the true enemy, but that's been a thing since they first made third-person combat/platformer games

Story's kinda predictable, but I'm glad they actually bothered to show why it wouldn't work in the long run

7-8/10 Best Poncho Simulator - needs character customization (Even if it's just to change Cal's hair color) and the ability to skip cutscenes/rewatch them later

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Is this game worth playing on the Xbox One S? Has performance on this console improved since release?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Just reached Kashyyyk. I really liked the opening sequence.
The stormtroopers melted to their seats in the AT-AT was absolutely brutal looking.

Also hopped back to Bogano to see if I can access new areas with Force Push and I got a double bladed saber upgrade. That was cool as gently caress.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

PunkBoy posted:

Just reached Kashyyyk. I really liked the opening sequence.
The stormtroopers melted to their seats in the AT-AT was absolutely brutal looking.

Also hopped back to Bogano to see if I can access new areas with Force Push and I got a double bladed saber upgrade. That was cool as gently caress.

Congrats on being like only the 10th person to get it when the game wanted you to.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Kibayasu posted:

Congrats on being like only the 10th person to get it when the game wanted you to.

Honestly I get putting it in multiple places if the game really wants you not to miss it, but it does suck that I'm "punished" by missing out on it being a bigger deal and just getting a really perfunctory DBL reveal because I made a beeline for Dathomir basically on the games double-dog-dare.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah getting less storyline content because I chose to explore is just hosed up

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Well that explains a lot, for me I can't remember where I got it but I thought it was weird Cal just decides "I guess I'll just fix my lightsaber now!" with no warning.

Especially when exploration game me always tries to wait until I've got all the exploration upgrades before backtracking.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Finished the game last night, I really enjoyed it though I can’t see myself playing through it again anytime soon.

Final boss wasn’t too bad but it took me a while to avoid her whole ‘suck the force out of you then kick you in the face move’ which killed me each time I died. Vader part was cool and they did a great job of showing his power and the sound design did a wonderful job of pushing just how hosed you were.

I also really liked the overall music score. Not something I would put on my iPod but it really gave the game that Star Wars vibe with the oboes and other woodwinds.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Aw heck yeah the GMG sale for Sekiro is better than the Steam sale for those who want to cut evil some more

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah getting less storyline content because I chose to explore is just hosed up

:confused: it's like a 5 second cut scene with literally no story

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I mean saying it’s Cordova’s is a little story, I guess?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Pops Mgee posted:

Playable Merrin seems like a gimme for the inevitable sequel, assuring that 40% of the map will only be reachable via teleportation.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

precision posted:

:confused: it's like a 5 second cut scene with literally no story

Welp ok gently caress me for wanting to see content I guess

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bust Rodd posted:

Welp ok gently caress me for wanting to see content I guess

I mean I'd agree with you except it's a really really tiny amount of content :shrug:

And yeah the sequel definitely should have Cal and Merrin both be playable. Also Cal should start the next game with this game's skill tree already filled out. It kinda felt like that was already their plan, since even getting every skill in this one doesn't make you a Force God, it just brings you up to the level of competent Jedi

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

It’s a good story beat though, I guess I’ll spoiler it
you find Cordova’s lightsaber in his workshop. Cal decides to use Cordova’s workbench to attach it to his so Cordova will “always be with him”
It’s actually kinda neat he’s running around with his old master’s saber and his new “master”s saber until Cal can build his own

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
gently caress ZEFFO SO HARD!!

Beat the game, going back to pick up chests and data logs, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get to the Tomb of Eilram, It's totally cut off from the rest of the map, I keep looping around this giant rear end map trying to figure it out and it's really hammering home how a save point fast travel system would be really great.

Also, having beaten the game and maxed my skills, I just don't meditate and suicide myself back to the ship when I'm done clearing an area.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
There's two access points, one in the ruins all the way above it and through the Imperial Dig Site, although I'm not so sure you can get back through the latter.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Dreylad posted:

There's two access points, one in the ruins all the way above it and through the Imperial Dig Site, although I'm not so sure you can get back through the latter.

You can’t, the ray shield never goes down. BD turned it on but good.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
Ice Caves are the hub of Zeffo and you can reasonably get to any section from there.

Assuming you do mean Eilram (first tomb) rather than Miktrull (second tomb), take the slide down from the Landing Pad cliffside into the caves, then take one of the other elevators up to the Abandoned Catacombs area which connects to the entrance to the Tomb of Eilram. There is a third elevator that goes to the Crash Site but you don't need to use it to get back to the tomb.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Soonmot posted:

gently caress ZEFFO SO HARD!!

Beat the game, going back to pick up chests and data logs, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get to the Tomb of Eilram, It's totally cut off from the rest of the map, I keep looping around this giant rear end map trying to figure it out and it's really hammering home how a save point fast travel system would be really great.

Also, having beaten the game and maxed my skills, I just don't meditate and suicide myself back to the ship when I'm done clearing an area.

If you actually mean the Tomb of Miktrull or whatever (because I also couldn’t remember how to get back in there) you have to head up to the landing pad of the Imperial HQ and run back along the wall running platforms you used to get out of the tomb.

I don’t remember having trouble getting back into the first tomb.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
whyyyyy are two of the tombs on one planet and ones on another. this bothered me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Yeah Miktrul is easy, I unlocked the express elevator, and yeah BD locked the gate after that fight with Second Sister so I can't go that way.