Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Back in the old days, robber barons like the rockefellers would throw handfuls of stock options out their window just to watch the poor people fight over them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Peanut President posted:

I mean I'm not calling the thread out because the wording and poo poo is obviously prime material but people were curious as to what "gender neutral" could mean :shrug:

Oh hey dumbshit, a little late but I came across this poo poo again elsewhere, with more facts

"Gender neutral" literally means "it's green" according to the developers lol

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Plants are green and have all the genetalia at the same time, ipso facto

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Bezos makes way more than $5.25 million per hour. This makes him seem really miserly.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

BioMe posted:

Oh hey dumbshit, a little late but I came across this poo poo again elsewhere, with more facts

So I take it black and white are man colours?

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Who even knows, what they said was "it's for both large and small hands" so just a regular controller, but "it ended up super gender neutral, it's difficult find colors like that"

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Lambert posted:

Bezos makes way more than $5.25 million per hour. This makes him seem really miserly.

are you defining hour as an hour hes physically in his office or literally every hour hes alive

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Gotta love when the woke define things as gender neutral in a way that has everyone going 'wait, that's supposed to be gendered?'

Paladinus posted:

So I take it black and white are man colours?

Apparently! Someone tell all those women with iPhones.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

BioMe posted:

what

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I can kiiiiinda see it in the context of "blue is for boys, pink is for girls" bullshit

but still, lmao

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

wokeness is fundamentally about reaffirming stereotypes for the sole purpose of contradicting them

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Some Guy TT posted:

wokeness is fundamentally about reaffirming stereotypes for the sole purpose of contradicting them

The most important part isn't equality, it's showing others how "woke" you are. It's purely performative and actual outcomes aren't important.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

The most important part isn't equality, it's showing others how "woke" you are. It's purely performative and actual outcomes aren't important.

See also about erasing all previous progress to give yourself the credit

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Although saying the capitalist class "makes such and such an hour" gives a good perspective on just how insane the inequality is, rich people money isn't made and it isn't realizable like a check you just deposit and can spend.

idk how would we phrase it better to better understand how much stocks have replaced everything else as an illusory source of value that in reality is a magic excuse for transferring wealth that leaves us incredibly vulnerable to stock prices more than probably ever before

Stocks are no longer an indicator they are the economy

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Also ideas like net worth or market cap are so insanely fictitious as to be completely useless

It's the same logic as Ben Shapiro saying "as the coastlines move inland people can just sell their houses, there's no crisis" yet no one laughs at net worth or market cap numbers

it's like a quantum physics super position, each share has full value as long as you don't try to realize it we can just linearly add them up.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Some Guy TT posted:

are you defining hour as an hour hes physically in his office or literally every hour hes alive

Literally every hour he's alive.

Modest Mao posted:

Although saying the capitalist class "makes such and such an hour" gives a good perspective on just how insane the inequality is, rich people money isn't made and it isn't realizable like a check you just deposit and can spend.

idk how would we phrase it better to better understand how much stocks have replaced everything else as an illusory source of value that in reality is a magic excuse for transferring wealth that leaves us incredibly vulnerable to stock prices more than probably ever before

Stocks are no longer an indicator they are the economy

He has an unimaginable amount of money. It really doesn't matter whether he could, theoretically, cash out all of it. For all practical purposes, he does actually have that amount of money. He can buy whatever he wants, there's never a need to sell all of his stock at once.

Lambert has issued a correction as of 13:45 on Nov 29, 2019

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Modest Mao posted:

It's the same logic as Ben Shapiro saying "as the coastlines move inland people can just sell their houses, there's no crisis" yet no one laughs at net worth or market cap numbers

Jeff Bezos recently sold $2.8 billion worth of Amazon stock in a week. Yeah, that's totally "fictitious" wealth, totally comparable to some homeowner that's underwater on their mortgage.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/Jezebel/status/1201544934660149248

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

it makes me really boiling mad because not only are they less than useless anybody pulling that poo poo has the attitude that they're the greatest person in the world

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

wait are we railing against corporate marketing departments repeating trendy buzzwords to sell trash or perpetually outraged twitter hot take factories or have these both become the same thing through the mysterious power of being stuff you're mad at

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 20:20 on Dec 2, 2019

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

wait are we railing against corporate marketing departments repeating trendy buzzwords to sell trash or perpetually outraged twitter hot take factories or have these both become the same thing through the mysterious power of being stuff you're mad at

corporate marketing departments and the people who eat that poo poo up

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

it's supposed to be the first one but this thread sometimes devolves into gbs garbage

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Brand-building, personal or corporate, on the backs of the marginalized, whether by co-option of language or movement

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lambert posted:

He has an unimaginable amount of money. It really doesn't matter whether he could, theoretically, cash out all of it. For all practical purposes, he does actually have that amount of money. He can buy whatever he wants, there's never a need to sell all of his stock at once.

Money is like velocity, in the sense that things start to get weird once you hit an extremely high level of it and moving that level of money around warps the entire economy.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

consistently relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYLeg33ky-o

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

fuckin' interns scouring trending hashtags for a way to get eyeballs on Arbys ads, think they're so much better than us, those cultural bolsheviks, those globalist bankers, those miscegenators

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Ytlaya posted:

Money is like velocity, in the sense that things start to get weird once you hit an extremely high level of it and moving that level of money around warps the entire economy.
Mega rich light economy-bending guy.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

fuckin' interns scouring trending hashtags for a way to get eyeballs on Arbys ads, think they're so much better than us, those cultural bolsheviks, those globalist bankers, those miscegenators

What are you talking about my guy

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

:chloe:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

RagnarokAngel posted:

What are you talking about my guy

The rear end in a top hat at the bottom rung who gladly licks the corporate boot because they want into the elite club is every bit as culpable as the rich in perpetuating the capitalist system.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
here's a good example of some brands deciding to pivot for some woke pr

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/1202238353149775872

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

that's p bold really given plantation weddings are like 80% of their aesthetic

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

here's a good example of some brands deciding to pivot for some woke pr

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/1202238353149775872

There is absolutely going to be a backlash to this and it will be equal parts hilarious and nauseating

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

that's p bold really given plantation weddings are like 80% of their aesthetic

maybe they'll pivot to child concentration camp chic

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Emotional baggage: inside the toxic work environment at Away

NEVER add your boss to the venting slack channel!!!!!

quote:

So when the executive’s name unexpectedly popped into #Hot-Topics the morning of May 16th, 2018, employees knew something was wrong. She’d found out about the channel from a woman on HR and asked one of the members to add her. “I thought, drat, she’s gonna see us talking about some stupid stuff, but whatever,” recalls a former marketing manager named Emily*. She hoped Korey would at least find the conversations funny.

That hope evaporated the next day when Korey began calling people into a room one by one. There, flanked by the company’s head of people and general counsel, she told six people they were being let go. “You’ve been discriminatory,” employees remember her saying. “The stuff you said was hateful, even racist. You no longer have a job at this company.” Emily, who is a person of color, was shocked. “That was jarring — three white people telling me I was racist,” she says. (The company’s head of people, Erin Grau, identifies as a person of color, a fact Emily was unaware of at the time.)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

as I’m descended from base german stock, I also self identify

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
What exactly is a head of people

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Heath posted:

What exactly is a head of people

hr but woke I guess

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004

an actual dog posted:

shouldve included a pic of this brave PoC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

an actual dog posted:

quote:

That was jarring — three white people telling me I was racist,

:lol: How can I be racist, when I have more melanin then those people?