Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Smoothe like yor brane lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Aramoro posted:

There's a lot of misinformation on the internet, you should check your sources.

Uh huh, which one of you is Branson?

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

how in the hell do you not know about smooth sharks in tyool 2019? poo poo was settled in the 00s

edit
i guess what is baddass is the LACK OF EDUCATION IN THIS WORLD

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Teach posted:

Also causes the shark less gas.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hackers film 1995 posted:

how in the hell do you not know about smooth sharks in tyool 2019? poo poo was settled in the 00s

edit
i guess what is baddass is the LACK OF EDUCATION IN THIS WORLD

The problem is anyone can post anything on the internet, no matter how wrong, and then a bunch of people want in on the joke, and next thing you know, half the internet is claiming that sharks are rough. Some people believe this because they've heard others say it, and some people just think it's funny to repeat it even though they know that sharks are in fact smooth. I'm not sure which camp EmptyVessel is in.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Beachcomber posted:

I think :thejoke: is that both South Africa and Australia are places where Great Whites are known to be. There's some islands just off San Francisco also, and I've been debating getting my wife a trip with a cage encounter because she's nuts about sharks.

We did get to see one in captivity when the Monterey Bay Aquarium managed to hold one for a bit.

I'm incredibly jealous, I'd love to see a live great white.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

John Lee posted:

my friend

sharks are smooth as hell

You just lost The Game.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Wax Dynasty posted:

You just lost The Game.

not cool man

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
The Venn diagram of rough shark skins vs flat Earth is just a single circle.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Smoothe like yor brane lol

Smooth like yor shark's membrane lol

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006

Beachcomber posted:

I think :thejoke: is that both South Africa and Australia are places where Great Whites are known to be. There's some islands just off San Francisco also, and I've been debating getting my wife a trip with a cage encounter because she's nuts about sharks.

We did get to see one in captivity when the Monterey Bay Aquarium managed to hold one for a bit.

I wouldn't say they're great but there sure are a lot of whites in these countries.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

karoshi posted:

Future vacation destinations:
- Hawaii
- South Africa
- Australia
- Disney World

I have some bad news about Australia and South Africa my goon.

They're full of Australians and South Africans, respectively

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Sharks are smooth, but why isn't anyone talking about Flat Shark Conspiracy?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
A monitor only displays a 2d image

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

John Lee posted:

my friend

sharks are smooth as hell

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

The problem is anyone can post anything on the internet, no matter how wrong, and then a bunch of people want in on the joke, and next thing you know, half the internet is claiming that sharks are rough. Some people believe this because they've heard others say it, and some people just think it's funny to repeat it even though they know that sharks are in fact smooth. I'm not sure which camp EmptyVessel is in.

I heard that sharks have rough skin before there was even an internet. It was probably in one of the Willard Price adventure novels I read as a kid. So if it's a meme, it goes back a long way.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
People lied before the internet? How did they get away with it?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

How do you guys feel about shark skin? Take all the time you need.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
A credible source would go a long way here guys

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I explained the shark skin thing in detail like three years ago.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Everybody talks about shark skins being smooth, when we all know the answer to it.

The real thing we should be talking about is what makes shark skin so smooth.

It's car batteries. Not only is a free & legal rush, you're helping sharks keep their skin smooth by throwing your old batteries in the ocean.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/adamgatto/status/1200537742456893440?s=21

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Milo and POTUS posted:

A monitor only displays a 2d image
Security monitors are 3D,

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Cable Guy posted:

That's just a glorified hall monitor.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Cable Guy posted:

turn on your monitor NO WAIT

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

This is right up there with this classic:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The backstory is even wilder. They were a bunch of GPS-tagged criminals on an outing at a fishmonger's hall. One of them decided to grab a couple of knives and do a terrorism, and the other dudes from his prison armed up and went after him. Wrestled him to the ground, and then the police showed up and shot him because he had a bomb (actually a fake he'd MacGyvered together using bits and pieces from the fishmongers' stalls). Think the guy with the tusk is in for murder.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If that dude had killed him with that Narwhal spear he would be the coolest murderer in prison. Waaaaaay cooler than that know it all Murphy in CB-2.

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs

Holy poo poo.

"A harpoon? Yer adorable."

CHOMP

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Darth Walrus posted:

The backstory is even wilder. They were a bunch of GPS-tagged criminals on an outing at a fishmonger's hall. One of them decided to grab a couple of knives and do a terrorism, and the other dudes from his prison armed up and went after him. Wrestled him to the ground, and then the police showed up and shot him because he had a bomb (actually a fake he'd MacGyvered together using bits and pieces from the fishmongers' stalls). Think the guy with the tusk is in for murder.

In conclusion, the rehabilitation system of the U.K. is a land of contrasts.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

footage
https://twitter.com/DarrenPlymouth/status/1200682547660906498

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Anxiously awaiting the yakkity sax version.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Anxiously awaiting the yakkity sax version.

Especially with Jackie Wright (the old bald guy from Benny Hill) wielding the narwhal tusk

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

If your sharkskin ain't smooth no more...
Then swim your broke rear end up on shoooooooooore..

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/gayprotag/status/1200479758519279616?s=19

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
e: nevermind

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Darth Walrus posted:

No, that's the guy who pinned him and was pulled off just before Khan was shot. The gentleman with the narwhal tusk was a Polish chef who was working in the kitchens.

The guy who broke his foot kicking a suicide bomber in the nuts at Glasgow airport gave a priceless interview in which he was asked what would happen if Osama bin Laden threatened further attacks. His reply: "This is Glasgow. We'll set aboot ye".

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

drat the gofundme got taken down

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Is there information on what the cop did? I've been Googling and can't find anything about him but endless praise and some old news articles where he was interviewed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Jedit posted:

The guy who broke his foot kicking a suicide bomber in the nuts at Glasgow airport gave a priceless interview in which he was asked what would happen if Osama bin Laden threatened further attacks. His reply: "This is Glasgow. We'll set aboot ye".

Lol, wait, that’s a true story?